Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 287 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #2861
Shaggi10
I understand people looking into it but it completely blows my mind that many people knew my email address and never even bothered to contact me, instead they just kept damaging my reputation, its one thing if they contacted me and I ignored them , and as I said the two emails I received I promptly and professionally responded to them. Its another to just say "hey heres an email address of a guy named Chris who lives in buffalo, im not gonna even bother contacting him but im gonna damage his rep and heck while im at it i'll contact his dojo without having any evidence and ask his sensei who wouldn't know anything about this". That is where my problem with all this comes in.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #2862
HadesBP18
I'd be ticked too. Whoever did that was completely out of line. But when people get crapped on (by TSE) it would probably make them throw all notions of sense out the window in order to catch the perp. I know I'd be going crazy too. So it was senseless and a bit invasive, but at least now it can be resolved. Kudos for sticking up for yourself.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #2863
LadyOhh
Kelly, you have no idea.. We are still working on that.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #2864
Cat_72
Again, I am very sorry that you were involved wrongfully, and I am glad you came here to clear things up. I wwas under the impresion that you had already been contacted, or I would have emailed you myself. Even the chance of someone associating me with someone like Chris Johnson, with the thousands of dollars he stole from us, and the people left with either very expensive normals or with nothing at all to show for their hard earned money.....well, I'd be mighty upset as well....as I am sure you can imagine we all were and still are.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #2865
ReptileEmpire
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh
I hate to bring this up to the forefront again, but I am looking for assistance in finding a good New York lawyer to begin proceedings. I have put some feelers out there, but if anyone from the New York state has any connections, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, things have been slow, and yes, I am taking over.
Heather, out of curiosity has anyone contacted the Attorney General in his state with some of this information. I apologize if that has already been brought up but the only things I remember seeing when this thread was going on was about a detective that had been contacted. The reason I am asking is that I recently had to contact the AG in my state to help with an issue regarding a car dealership, and things moved very quickly after that. Since he no longer runs the business I am not sure what they would be able to do, but if it was registered as a Sole Proprietorship than they may have more options. At the very least they could provide information or suggestions.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #2866
ToshaMc
Casey a Civil case was brought to court and there was a judgment awarded - penalties and costs that Chris needs to pay to the tune of about $48K. It doesn't appear that a criminal charges are being brought against him As Chris is missing there is little to no chance that anyone will see the $$$ from the judgment - Chris could potentially live for a very long time flying under the radar, getting paid under the table and not have to deal with this.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #2867
ReptileEmpire
Okay, I had not checked up on this since back when it first started. I have several "TSE Hets" but they are all second hand purchases. It's frustrating to see someone like this get to walk away after the damage he has done to people. Thanks for the update.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #2868
SVT Snake
The AG was contacted and complaints were filed. The last correspondance I recieved from them basically said that they investigated the matter and there was nothing they could do for us.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #2869
KNOBTAIL
Has anyone

ever met Detective Brown (face to face) on the matter of Top Shelf. Has anyone ever made an appointment to speak to an ADA on the matter. I am just looking for an update.

JERRY

Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #2870
KNOBTAIL
I did not

read some of the previous posts, so I am glad that at least some judgements were awarded. It will only help in hurting his credit capabilities until he decides that once he has enough debt against him, he will go bankrupt. More than likely chapter 7. So I am sure he is being guided by some attorney who is watching over him.

The reason why this is happening is because he more than likely does not owe any money to any banks. Then he would not be able to go bankrupt so easily. But if its a business other than borrowing money, the judgements of 48K is not large enough as yet to warrant the filing . This is just conjecture on my part, but it seems to make sense now that no criminal matters are hanging over his head.

That would have been the key to provide restitution. But unfortunately, our jurisprudence seems to have a lopsided system of justice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!