Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 288 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #2871
Ricky Jorgensen
Chriiiiiissssss......I want my money back u retarded asshole...

Old 04-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #2872
Cat_72
Ricky, that's not really very constructive, lol. We're ALL frustrated and hurt by this....

I think a big part of how slow everything progressed was due to waiting on information from those who were ripped off, and the fact that crime over the internet has a whole new set of issues to deal with, as opposed to buying something from the business down the street.

People have not given up on this. If he pops up somewhere, he WILL be found out. We're watching and waiting.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #2873
LadyOhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL
ever met Detective Brown (face to face) on the matter of Top Shelf. Has anyone ever made an appointment to speak to an ADA on the matter. I am just looking for an update.

JERRY

I have not, but I have spoken to him several times over the phone, and I will be in New York in May and may ask to see him then. (Family issues, but... I may be able to squeeze it in)

Old 04-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #2874
LadyOhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileEmpire
Heather, out of curiosity has anyone contacted the Attorney General in his state with some of this information. I apologize if that has already been brought up but the only things I remember seeing when this thread was going on was about a detective that had been contacted. The reason I am asking is that I recently had to contact the AG in my state to help with an issue regarding a car dealership, and things moved very quickly after that. Since he no longer runs the business I am not sure what they would be able to do, but if it was registered as a Sole Proprietorship than they may have more options. At the very least they could provide information or suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Snake
The AG was contacted and complaints were filed. The last correspondance I recieved from them basically said that they investigated the matter and there was nothing they could do for us.

Thanks, Derek, for getting that one for me... Sorry It took so long to answer.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #2875
brucestephenson
I wonder what Chris Johnson's profit level was from this scam. I am going to guess a couple of hundred thousand dollars. A tidy sum for no work. No punishment. I wonder what kind of scam he will do next? Penny stocks? Real estate? His success at reptiles must have been noticed by many. I am sure there are copycats working the het scam hard right now.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:09 AM   #2876
LadyOhh
But this time, people have hopefully learned from others mistakes and buy from TRUSTWORTHY people. (Yes, Hindsite is 20/20)

Its very unfortunate how that ends up working, but I guess doing your homework and asking for more info will have to be the way it works.

I hope others learn from our mistakes...

Old 04-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #2877
Otter_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
I wonder what Chris Johnson's profit level was from this scam. I am going to guess a couple of hundred thousand dollars. A tidy sum for no work. No punishment. I wonder what kind of scam he will do next? Penny stocks? Real estate? His success at reptiles must have been noticed by many. I am sure there are copycats working the het scam hard right now.

Yes there are.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=97294

Old 04-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #2878
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
If he pops up somewhere, he WILL be found out.
The same thing happened with Tim Bowles...he ripped people off, disappeared, then resurfaced as 'Everett Slagle' of Snowballs Ball Pythons. Which btw...Everett Slagle is his deaceased father in law. So now everyone knows that he is a partner in Snowballs Ball Pythons and he posts as 'Snowballs' and nobody wants to have anything to do with him. Like you said Cat...it was only a matter of time before he was found out.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #2879
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghi Reptiles
The same thing happened with Tim Bowles...he ripped people off, disappeared, then resurfaced as 'Everett Slagle' of Snowballs Ball Pythons. Which btw...Everett Slagle is his deaceased father in law. So now everyone knows that he is a partner in Snowballs Ball Pythons and he posts as 'Snowballs' and nobody wants to have anything to do with him. Like you said Cat...it was only a matter of time before he was found out.
Yep....and we will be watching and waiting for him. People like him are usually pretty easy to spot. Their ego trips them up every time.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #2880
Jon Mitchell
Well maybe they aren't hets......

My last egg just hatched from a pair of "100% Het High Contrast Albinos" I got from TSE this morning. There were 6 eggs and I was holding out for the possiblity that I got an albino in that last one but no luck. This was my first year breeding this pair and I must say, it looks like I was struck by the normal for het trick as well. I am going to try them again next year but I don't have my hopes up. I am sure they are both just normal animals that I paid way too much for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!