Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 29 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:14 AM   #281
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
I feel they kind of have to side with him
There are diplomatic, courteous ways to deal with differences but the bottom line is that one does not have to side with an action one feels is wrong.

Quote:
Say hey you've given us tens of thousands of dollars but we need you to shell out more to this lady
It appears the IRCF is responsible for awarding prizes to their raffle. They could have simply offered Michelle some $ since of course they can't offer one of the particular lizard prizes. They would not have had to involve Ty at all in settling this matter. But John said he did not want to get involved.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #282
zovick
Quote:
I understand the position of the charity, Ty has donated a ton of money to them and I feel they kind of have to side with him, because for all we know Ty might be the only reason they exist with the amount of money he's donated over the years, I think they are between a rock and a hard place and even if they are wrong for siding with Ty I can only imagine I'd do the same. What can they really do threaten a major contributor? Say hey you've given us tens of thousands of dollars but we need you to shell out more to this lady or we'll disown you? The position Ty has put the charity in pisses me off just as much , if not more than what he's pulling with Michelle. I really hope nothing bad falls on the charity because of this reptiles are diapering from this planet and these days humans don't even seem to care about the human race much less the animals who actually earned the right to exist on this planet.

Are any of the officers of the charity reading this thread? Do they know what potential headaches they might prevent for themselves by simply paying out the promised $3K to Michelle?

I know some of the people listed as officers and I don't believe any of them are hurting for cash. If they are not willing to insist that Mr. Park keep HIS word, and none of them are willing or able to personally or collectively put up the $3K to fulfill the terms of THEIR own auction or raffle (whichever it is ultimately deemed to be) and save themselves a ton of government scrutiny of their operation, maybe they should start a Go Fund Me page to raise the money from those people who support their position and put this to rest.

As someone else mentioned, if you have ever experienced an IRS audit of your books, it is not pretty. I know I would jump at the chance to pay someone $3k to avoid enduring another one.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #283
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by zovick View Post
government scrutiny .
I agree with William.

In my experience, a lot of scrutiny depends on the issue at hand. If the matter is settled to Michelle's satisfaction, that is a different issue than if she did not get any prize. The level of scrutiny may change accordingly.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:43 PM   #284
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I am sure I am biased, although I understand the basics of this dispute, and I do not think that Ty has gotten (nor does he want) fair representation here on the BOI. He has chosen to let his lawyers handle this, but many of you seem like you are offended because he has not come to this forum to plead his case. "because his time is too valuable". but that does not make him a "bad guy"
There are a lot of very bad people in this industry, and in my opinion his actions in this instance do not warrant the "bad guy" label some of you want to attach to him.
Do I think he screwed up? yeah.
Do I think he should be admired? Hell yes.
Nonsense. The OP has posted numerous screenshots of Ty Park's own words. Representation doesn't get much more fair than that. I couldn't care less about his choice not to come here and justify something that he couldn't possibly justify to anything other than the group of enablers who only care about lining up to kiss his ass. If there were any significant missing pieces that would change the complexion of the situation and show that Ty is definitely in the right, I'm fairly confident that one of his mindless minions would have already rushed here to post them.

Unless he chooses to come here and say something like, "I'm an arrogant fool who let my ego get in the way of common sense and decency. Upon further reflection, I've decided to fulfill my obligation to the winner who hasn't received anything that my own terms promised." his input isn't really needed here. If your sole interest is to stand up and be counted among those enablers who are so willing to admire his past deeds and let them outweigh and soften the impact of this current situation, I think your continued input is equally useless here. His actions toward the OP are absolutely Bad Guy material, no matter how much he's given to charity; no matter how many past transactions have gone flawlessly.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #285
KelcifersDragons
Did someone just applaud Tys actions for addressing the op out of her prize? Wtf is wrong with people. Sorry but no amount of ass kissing to ty is going to guarantee that he won't screw you over in the future. I for one used to like ty and thought his conservation effort were awesome. But if this is how unprofessional he is when handling problems and not get his way then he's undeserving of business.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #286
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
I couldn't care less about his choice not to come here and justify something that he couldn't possibly justify
Ty did come here and his response was in post# 77
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...3&postcount=77

Old 12-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #287
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Ty did come here and his response was in post# 77
Yeah, I saw (and replied to) it fairly soon after it was posted. My comment was addressing this one:
Quote:
but many of you seem like you are offended because he has not come to this forum to plead his case
I guess I should have said "further justify". He pleaded his case to the extent he seemed interested in doing so, and the vast majority here seem to feel that he's wrong. If he's fully dug in his heels on the matter - which it seems he has - further input from him isn't really needed.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #288
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Yeah, I saw (and replied to) it fairly soon after it was posted. My comment was addressing this one:

I guess I should have said "further justify". He pleaded his case to the extent he seemed interested in doing so, and the vast majority here seem to feel that he's wrong. If he's fully dug in his heels on the matter - which it seems he has - further input from him isn't really needed.

Well you have to give him credit for the one grain of truth in his sole post, where he stated it would be his one and only post.

Personally from all I have seen and read I am quite content he has not bothered to post further.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:25 PM   #289
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Personally from all I have seen and read I am quite content he has not bothered to post further.
That was basically my point. Considering just how well this train's kept a-rollin' along witout him, it was pretty disingenuous to imply that his absence plays any kind of meaningful part in the negative opinions being expressed about him.

However, for those who may find value in examining context clues, This Thread may be an interesting read. He seems to have had no problems with very actively participating in a situation where he was pretty clearly the target of libelous statements. When juxtaposed with the the current situation, some may find themselves wondering if his choice to abstain from this discussion may give a glimpse into what he really, privately feels about the part he's played in this. Or, maybe it's just me.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #290
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelcifersDragons View Post
Did someone just applaud Tys actions for addressing the op out of her prize? Wtf is wrong with people. Sorry but no amount of ass kissing to ty is going to guarantee that he won't screw you over in the future. I for one used to like ty and thought his conservation effort were awesome. But if this is how unprofessional he is when handling problems and not get his way then he's undeserving of business.
Looks like I'm not the only one to get infraction because of this arrogant man.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu