BRANDON AT REPTIRUS- REALLY BAD GUY. - Page 29 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #281
LakesideBoas
Marcia...

There's ALWAYS room for pumpkin pie!!!

Glad all is working out. You are going above and beyond the call.

As for Brittney and Brandon, it was probably her first "bad" deal and his first "bad guy" thread, tell 'em to chalk it up to 'growing pains'. A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

Now, gotta go baste that bird!

Happy Turkey Day!

Old 11-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #282
deborahbroadus
ahhh..the voice of reason! I totally agree!

Old 11-23-2007, 12:53 AM   #283
Lloyd Heilbrunn
I just looked up "Customer from Hell" in the dictionary and saw Brittney's picture.....

Old 11-23-2007, 07:40 AM   #284
kmurphy
Quote:
I just looked up "Customer from Hell" in the dictionary and saw Brittney's picture.....
Lloyd, I disagree that Brittney is the "Customer from Hell" she jumped the gun, either from inexperience or immaturity. The fact remains she had a legitimate complaint and received some incorrect advice as to what to do about it.
I believe that she learned from the experience and will be more patient in the future. If I were to do business with her, and knew about this thread, I would ask her before hand to come to me with concerns prior to hitting the panic button. The BOI is not going anywhere so it's always an option.
I wish them both best of luck and am happy that it looks like it is going to work out.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #285
SouthBayGeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Lloyd, I disagree that Brittney is the "Customer from Hell" she jumped the gun, either from inexperience or immaturity. The fact remains she had a legitimate complaint and received some incorrect advice as to what to do about it.
I believe that she learned from the experience and will be more patient in the future. If I were to do business with her, and knew about this thread, I would ask her before hand to come to me with concerns prior to hitting the panic button. The BOI is not going anywhere so it's always an option.
I wish them both best of luck and am happy that it looks like it is going to work out.

thank you...

I appreciate you for not attacking me and being understanding about the situation. things are going to work out great, I'm sure of it.

thank you all again for your help in this situation.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:18 AM   #286
reptirus
I have received word today that Marcia now has possession of both geckos and she will be working with the female to find out exactly what is going on with her. I appreciate everyone who has been understanding through this situation, no one is perfect and mistakes do happen from time to time. I would like to note that Brittany has received her full refund of $400 on 11/26 at approx 11:30PM.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 AM   #287
John E Dove
And I would like to note that according to the standard " It is not how one handles the good deals but how one handles the problem deals that makes them a Good Guy or bad guy" at 0457 my time Brandon has proven to be one of the Good Guys in my book.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #288
hartsock
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
And I would like to note that according to the standard " It is not how one handles the good deals but how one handles the problem deals that makes them a Good Guy or bad guy" at 0457 my time Brandon has proven to be one of the Good Guys in my book.

I would agree with John on this. After reading the entire thread, I would deal with Brandon long before I would ever deal with Brittney. Only based on the timeline and how quickly this thread was made (yes, I know that has already been pointed out, but it is the major factor of why this thread went the way it did.) One way or another Brittney did recieve a defective gecko, and IMO, it would only be good business to refund her the amount of the gecko, shipping, and vet bill and to have a "good guy" thread here saying that although there was a problem, the seller took great care of it for me. But there was not time for that to happen with the way the thread was made that day. I mean you are shipping a live animal from pa to ca near a holiday weekend with payment through paypal, it isn't like walking into Wal-Mart and going to the service counter. Things take time.

However, and this is constructive criticism for Brittney here, chill out and give someone a chance to make it right. Overall, it seemed that you went back and forth on what you wanted. When a problem arises like this, decide up front what it will take to make it right and then work with the seller.

Enough said from my 2 cents (just after reading all 50+ pages, I felt like I had to say something).

I do think that better comunication and patience will benefit both parties in the future and as some have this, this is a good learning experience.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #289
Golden Gate Geckos
UPDATE

I received the geckos from Brittney last weekend, as agreed. I have kept in contact with Brandon and Brittney, as they are both concerned for the geckos. I would like to give an update on the geckos and this situation.

Both geckos were in good shape, and are well-fed. I have them housed individually in 15-qt tubs in one of my racks, on paper towel substrate, with the warm temps. at around 92 and about 70-72 on the cool side. Both geckos have a hide, water bowl, and a bowl of mealworms with calcium powder. The female ate right away, and the male has not yet eaten... no doubt from the stress of being shipped and re-housed twice. I am not concerned that he will eat any time now.

I did a pretty comprehensive inspection on both geckos. The female gecko has a very obvious pelvic deformity, a broken toe, and classic symptoms of hypo-calcemia (pre-MBD) as demonstrated by her shaking limbs when she walks. I have lots of experience with this, as I used to take in a lot of rescues with low calcium levels and MBD.

I started the female on .2 cc's of NeoCalglucon, and she is now being administered .2 cc's 2X daily. She has been a good sport about taking her medicine! As of this evening, she is no longer shaking when she moves. I'll keep her on this protocol for about a week before shipping the geckos back to Brandon.

I did receive an update that Dr. Johnson, the vet that saw the female gecko soon after Brittney received her, had the Radiologist take a look at both sets of x-rays. The radiologist confirmed that the deformity to the gecko's hip/pelvis is due to a previous pelvic fracture that has healed, and that the gecko should not be bred. I have sent copies of these reports to Brandon, and have them in case anyone is else is interested.

Sooo.... I am trying to remain fair and neutral, and focusing on the geckos. I do find it odd that a gecko can have such an obvious pelvic malformation go unnoticed, especially if it is from something as traumatic as a fractured pelvis.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #290
snake5007
It's a healed fracture too. Any idea as to when the fracture occurred?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!