Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 29 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #281
Zachalbini
Yeah that's what I figured. I already found a place to get one that's legit. It's sad that his business has gotten this bad. We need someone to start breeding them that is reliable. Bobby has screwed far too many people. Any breeders out there wanna give it a shot? Haha

Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #282
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
At least two people have stated that there's no way the tegus received were from July. I'm not saying they are...but I don't think there are very many people in a position to state that they aren't. Yes, they're small & have a good bit of baby coloration; but growth is dependent on a few different factors...not the least of which is feeding. IF (note that I used a "big if") Bobby was telling the truth about health problems, it isn't far fetched to think that the babies received sub optimal care for at least a period of time. Unless somebody comes forward to show that Bobby recently purchased babies, (or anything else to substantiate ideas that they are not what has been claimed,) then it's nothing more than conjecture.
Of course, Bobby has been stringing people along for a while, and this is the first offering of a possibly valid explanation from him. Unless the health issue has been ongoing, it will be tough to defend how things got to this point...and, if it has been a prolonged issue, then an honest explanation should have been offered instead of excuses.

Best of luck to everybody receiving animals. I hope it turns out that they are both healthy, and what was paid for. Sorry to see the condition of your tegu, Chad - you should definitely make Bobby aware of it. You might not get a response, or you might get told ; but, IF he is genuinely trying to take care of business, he deserves a chance to make this right.
Well, we need to remember that someone changed his website to say they are taking deposits for next years babies. Whoever did that could have/should have been feeding the hatchlings. So, if Bobby was in the hospital, he still had someone maintaining some stuff for him.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #283
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
Well, we need to remember that someone changed his website to say they are taking deposits for next years babies. Whoever did that could have/should have been feeding the hatchlings. So, if Bobby was in the hospital, he still had someone maintaining some stuff for him.
Also, I believe that people who ordered certain types of tegus did receive theirs a while ago (not sure, but I believe the All Americans). Someone was sending out some tegus, updating the website, and replying to the occasional email. Too many things just don't add up.

I think that Bobby's been doing this waayyyy too long for anyone to try to make the case that a legitimate, prolonged illness was the cause of the stunts he pulled. He's also spent too much time on the BOI to think that, even if he was ill, the way he was handling things was even remotely proper.

After previously spending so much time railing against others' shady business practices, some semblance of business acumen would have osmosed through even the thickest of skulls. Too many stars would have to align, in the most unlikely of ways, for me to believe that there was anything honest about his mistakes.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #284
hhmoore
Again, it was a big IF...but, there's a big difference between posting a notice to send deposits and maintaining a bunch of hungry babies.
Like I said,
Quote:
Bobby has been stringing people along for a while, and this is the first offering of a possibly valid explanation from him. Unless the health issue has been ongoing, it will be tough to defend how things got to this point...and, if it has been a prolonged issue, then an honest explanation should have been offered instead of excuses.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #285
Ed Clark
If Bobby really had been sick, don't you think he would have come here to post that hey I have been sick now that I'm back I will make things right ASAP.

Sorry I don't buy his latest excuse, there have been too many going back to 2011.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #286
hhmoore
Given the tone of his last several visits, no, I don't.
He doesn't owe us an explanation, or anything else, remember?

I'm not a fan of Bobby's, so please don't take post 278 as being in his defense.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #287
blokhedd
what makes me sick is how many on tegutalk are saying how great he is and that they got theres its like the majority of people there are defending him and are saying they got theres. I personally am now at a loss for words and action i just dont know what to do. i wanted a tegu for so long.. sooooo long... years of telling myself to wait and that i just shouldnt get something so big and now that i took the plunge if i dont get what i ordered from him im probably never getting a tegu cause i just cant scrape together the money for one now. im out 150$, a tegu, a 100 gal tank, a reptisun bulb, lamp, lamp stand, and about 50$ more in misc stuff for the tank. now it just sits there next to my bed a constant reminder every morning i wake up and every night before bed that he hurt me so bad.... im on the verge of tears, where are you bobby..........

Old 10-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #288
chaddaniel
See now when I here this from other people like this guy getting screwed , it bothers me, I'm upset about this happening to me but when kids and troops and others get this treatment from bobby it really angers me, people we have to nail his a&$ because he thinks we aren't gonna do anything,

Old 10-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #289
MMoore
Blok I don't think anyone is defending him, ya some of us just received tegus, but he still has handled all of this very poorly. I posted I got mine just to let people know that I did. Not to defend Bobby he still has left out so many, it is very wrong. I really hope everyone gets what they deserve

Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #290
chaddaniel
Yeh and sending me a crippled tegu is pretty low too, he did it because I got an attitude with him for all the excuses and waiting,, he is pure evil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard