Would it be possible to use Fauna as a “trust” for trades? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Would you use Fauna as a "trust" for trades?
I would certainly use it 25 86.21%
I prefer my trades to remain private 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2005, 04:43 PM   #21
The BoidSmith
Thanks for the offer David. I may give it a try and see if I can run with it. It's very likely that if it works I will need a lot of help!

Now, the name. Here is what I had in mind "Fauna Breeding Loan & Trade Trust" it seems that it's too similar to "Engulf and Devour" (those who remember Mel Brooks' "Silent Movie"). Any other "catchy title" you can think of?

Regards.

Old 08-28-2005, 04:55 PM   #22
Lucille
Perhaps you could take ideas for names for a couple days and choose the one that appeals to you the most.

How about:

The Rap Sheet

(JK, lol)

It's gonna be terrific!

Old 08-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #23
The BoidSmith
Brainstorming here (or light showers for that matter)

Trust-n-trade

Old 08-28-2005, 05:35 PM   #24
The BoidSmith
Fauna TNT (Trust-n-Trade)

Old 08-28-2005, 05:56 PM   #25
Lucille
The Real Deal

Old 08-28-2005, 06:05 PM   #26
Dennis1
I would like to use it for trades
Will we get emails when its up and running?

Old 08-28-2005, 06:19 PM   #27
dragonflyreptiles
Sounds like and awesome idea, I have stopped doing trades since the days of Jeremy Clark/Stark lol But would love to do them more if there was a set up like this.

I can help you out too, Im a stay home mom and Cody is in school now so I have lots of free time.

Old 08-28-2005, 06:39 PM   #28
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I would like to use it for trades
Will we get emails when its up and running?
I guess so but that's up to Rich to decide. One other thing is what would happen with those individuals that are not members. I guess that according to the rules it would be for members only. Of course one could decide to give another person a "free membership" just for the sake of having reassurance in a trade or loan. After all is like paying for having hundreds of witnesses that can back up your agreement.

Regards

Old 08-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #29
The BoidSmith
Thanks Wendy! I guess we'll have to wait to hear from Rich at the point on how to proceed.

Regards.

Old 08-28-2005, 06:48 PM   #30
Lucille
Dan, have you thought out the parameters? Are you limiting trades that are recorded and pictured on your forum to reptiles? To reptile related equipment like feeders and cages and so on? Or will you permit totally non reptile trades to be recorded? What about minors who by and large cannot be held responsible for their deals?
Will you require full names so that future possible traders can pull up a history using the search function and review the history of a particular trader?
Is there a possibility that a trade section of the Fauna classified could be annexed to your forum, enhancing the ease of those who want to trade and do it in a 'one stop shopping' manner?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!