Bad Guy RedTail83 aka Philip Brubaker of NH - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:35 AM   #21
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
*It would be simple for you to post the name of the hospital that you were in and perhaps someone could just call and verify? It does seem a lot of trouble to go though to "scam" for 25.00...I can agree to that...but stranger things have happened.
Actually, that is not true. Hospitals cannot give out information regarding patients. HIPAA rules are enforced by the Department of Health & Human Services, and can (in some cases) result in criminal charges.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #22
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Actually, that is not true. Hospitals cannot give out information regarding patients. HIPAA rules are enforced by the Department of Health & Human Services, and can (in some cases) result in criminal charges.
You mean when we call and ask if someone was hospitalized (searching for them for example) they can't tell us?

They also can't tell us that the person was discharged and the date?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #23
Iraqvet
I dont know if its the same everywhere...But when my cousin ran away a couple years back,the hospital told my aunt they would have notified them if she was there for an emergency...But since she was just "looking" for her,they would need to go to the police department and file a missing persons report,and bring a copy of that back to them before they would tell them any info...

Old 02-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #24
TailsWithScales
Quote:
You mean when we call and ask if someone was hospitalized (searching for them for example) they can't tell us?

They also can't tell us that the person was discharged and the date?

Yes they cannot and will not tell you ANYTHING unless you have a power of attorney for the patient who was admitted even if it's family.

And if you don't have power of attorney you have to prove relation usually before they will tell you anything or release any information. Yes it's the HIPPA laws.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #25
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsWithScales View Post
Yes they cannot and will not tell you ANYTHING unless you have a power of attorney for the patient who was admitted even if it's family.

And if you don't have power of attorney you have to prove relation usually before they will tell you anything or release any information. Yes it's the HIPPA laws.
My BAD then. I have walked into hospitals and asked which room was so-and-so located and gotten the information without hassle.

Glad to be corrected.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #26
TailsWithScales
Quote:
My BAD then. I have walked into hospitals and asked which room was so-and-so located and gotten the information without hassle.

Glad to be corrected.
No worries. I know hospitals still give out information even though it's against the law so to speak. They get tattled on though and it's bad bad bad. I know because I've seen it.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #27
ophidile
I have to admit, when I first read this thread I thought $25 was the cost of shipping alone, and was a little surprised you sent $25 total for the frogs + shipping. But then I figured the seller would have said something if that was incorrect...? I've just never heard of an overnight shipment for less than $20!

Wonder what happened to those frogs if they really were shipped somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile_jones View Post
I just want to add this PM that i got today.

1. Did you get the 2nd one?

2. You said in the PM on 11-09-2009, 05:33 PM. Maybe you meant "to ship all 3 with heat and stuff will be $25. Truth be told if you would have told me you got the 1st money order after the 2nd was sent. I was going to tell you to keep it for the trouble it caused by sending it to the wrong address.

3. Please do I would like to hear what she has to say.

Dusty Jones

Old 02-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #28
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsWithScales View Post

I think for the most part thats just for patient info...They dont wanna give out info to a hitman thats trying to get your address and such..Around here visiting someone dosnt require all that..

Quote:

Glad to be corrected.
I have had the same expirience when visiting someone..Around here they dont stop you from seeing anyone,but will not give out their info.But if you dont know someone is there and ask,they will not telll you.The only time they get iffy is when you visit someone on the newborn floor..They usually stop you and ask who you are seeing,and then go to the room and make sure the person is ok with you being there...But yeah,I dont think they can stop you from seeing a dying relative and such while they do a backround check on you and stuff..

Old 02-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #29
reptile_jones
This was the 1st time i even heard that the frogs were sent. I don't belive that they were shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail83
I sent you the frogs months ago before I got sick.
Quote:
At the same time I was sending the frogs I also sold some suriname boas
Quote:
you sent me $25 when the purchase was more then that? If you sent me more money I dont know but I can ask me g/f if I got any mail like that.
If $25 was not payment in full, why would you send the frogs?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #30
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassy View Post
This guy owes me for a pair of garter snakes from a trade I did with him involving spiders. Anybody seen this guy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassy View Post
I got contact from Philip Brubaker and everything is fine between Philip and I.

I knew Philip is a very nice guy, so I didn't make any fast judgment on him.He does come through with his sales and trades with everyone
I would like to know more about this trade. Why didn't he send your snake? How did he make it right?

Dusty Jones

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!