Jerry Tubbs - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-15-2002, 09:14 AM   #21
bssnakes
After reading this thread. I think it is spelled out very simple.  Jerry Tubbs took complete advantage of a situation. And is now trying to cover it up!!
Sound familiar??  This story should have been over when Jerry Tubbs recieved that M.O. overnight express!! Jerry Tubbs should have put the M.O. into an envelope and mailed it back on the spot!!!  But to Jerry Tubbs it was ANOTHER easy 100 bucks in his pocket!!! I have a very strong feeling that if Winston knew our language better, this story would be alot clearer. Thanks to sites like this, it does not matter how much time goes by. When you have screwed people over!! It's just a matter of time before they come back and bite you in the Butt!!!!!
   Tom

Old 02-15-2002, 09:59 AM   #22
JT1
Tom , what can I say you are RIGHT , if I would have done that , then we wouldn't be here now. I have no arguments on your point. But I didn't do that and we talked and this is when I was supposed to find more for him and I could not, then he said give him the same amount this spring and he would wait so I was going to ,then LATER he wanted the cash back again , told him ok but it would be awhile I had already preordered.

It was not however easy money in my pocket after he wanted the same deal for this year ,I prepaid for that order for this spring so I could and he could have the same amount of snakes at the same price. And as you know they won't be ready untill end March or in April.

Some of you people tend to look at the bad post of a person ,but don't look at the person who made t , then you make judgement on the supposedely bad person. Like once bad ALWAYS bad. But you don't look at WHO made the post . I am not saying Winston but others on the old BOI.

Example:I  had some as we all know , but when you take out Joey Smith ,

Old 02-15-2002, 10:13 AM   #23
JT1
Tom , what can I say you are RIGHT , if I would have done that , then we wouldn't be here now. I have no arguments on your point. But I didn't do that and we talked and this is when I was supposed to find more for him and I could not, then he said give him the same amount this spring and he would wait so I was going to ,then LATER he wanted the cash back again , told him ok but it would be awhile I had already preordered.

It was not however easy money in my pocket after he wanted the same deal for this year ,I prepaid for that order for this spring so I could and he could have the same amount of snakes at the same price. And as you know they won't be ready untill end March or in April.

Some of you people tend to look at the bad post of a person ,but don't look at the person who made t , then you make judgement on the supposedely bad person. Like once bad ALWAYS bad. But you don't look at WHO made the post . I am not saying Winston but others on the old BOI.

Example:I  had some as we all know , but when you take out names like Joey Smith , Brittney Latil, Matt Mastison, Joey Wright , and the FAKE names they posted under there are not many .

That was the point I  am trying to make as far as "bad" people. Now IF you have people that made a true post and used their true emails then I could say it's legit. I know just 1 bad is enough but you have to understand if a peron is TRYING to work things out ,then you deserve to get the chance to do that without people thinking your wrong.

Look everyone I got hit with a serious business problem. I didn't want to write in a public forum , but if this keeps up , I guess  I will have no choice.

"Once bad , always bad" is not true as some people think.I can't change what you or  anyone thinks about me or anythng for that matter  , but like Ritchie said " The truth hurts" and some people NO matter how BIG or SMALL you are, just won't listen if a person says they are trying.  Thanks Jerry Tubbs

Old 02-15-2002, 10:41 AM   #24
Neil Gubitz
Winston....I guess I owe you an apology! Had I known you were Asian, I would have given you a much bigger benefit of the doubt about your writing skills. English is the HARDEST language to learn...even 75% of the AMERICANS that post on THIS site, can't speak or spell worth a ####! Just look at some of the posts in THIS thread alone!! To ME...it's REALLY SICKENING!! You are, obviously, doing the best you can with what you've got! BUT....that doesn't excuse the fact that you kept changing your mind AFTER the initial deal was done!
Now...TOM...Give Jerry a break! Everyone KNOWS of his past, he's made some mistakes along the way, which he readily admits to! As I've said MANY TIMES BEFORE....everybody deserves a second chance to turn their lives around! Jerry's trying as hard as he can....give him a chance? Wouldn't YOU want a second chance if YOU screwed up?
I'm SURE it was because of the miscommunication between Winston and Jerry! Look how long it took US to figure out what Winston is saying?? IN THIS INSTANCE....(from what Jerry says), he didn't cash the MO until AFTER Winston said he would WAIT TILL THE SPRING!!
In my PERSONAL opinion....I'm going with Jerry on this one! I, probably, would have done the SAME THING!
Why don't we ALL just sit back for awhile and see how this turns out in the Spring? All I'm saying is....REMEMBER THE PAST...but, CONCENTRATE ON THE FUTURE! THAT'S how people GROW UP!....by LEARNING FROM THEIR **PAST** MISTAKES!
Doesn't that sound like the RIGHT THING TO DO?
Jerry....as you can probably tell....you're under a microscope! DO what you said you are going to do, and there will be NO PROBLEMS!! YOU DIG? ....Neil

Old 02-15-2002, 11:24 AM   #25
bssnakes
Neil,
  Me? Screw up!! I promise you I do screw up almost every single day on one level or another. BUT it never involves taken peoples Cash over the Internet and not giving them anything in return!! We are not talking about last week or 6 months ago. Jerry has had Winstons Money for 1 and 1/2 yrs.  Unless Jerry is saying that Winston is out right lying??? Have Jerrys accounts been frozen for 18 months?? I doubt it. Jerry says he does not understand why Winston posted here?? Thats simple Jerry has had Winstons Cash for 18 months now, and the only thing that Winston has got in return??  "EXCUSES"   Jerry!  Fix this 18 month old problem and you will not have come on the BOI and try to defend your self!!!!
   Tom

Old 02-15-2002, 02:33 PM   #26
JT1
Actually Tom , It has NOT been 1 and a half years. More like 6 months or so , but in the time that it was going on the deal was changed , there was some time tryng to locatre some more snakes, there was a time they we were waiting til this spring, but now that he wanted the money back and not wait for the shipment this spring , well that's were it went downhill. IF he would have asked for the money back , instead of telling me see if I get more and then willing to wait because of the great prices til this spring and then it being changed again , we would have been settled . But I agreed to do those things and the money was prepaid and yes shortly after I have freezes placed on my financial accounts. Then he wanted money back and I told him it would be awhile and it should have been over , Feb 15th , BUT I cannot yet get my finances unfroze. Now that's it n a nutshell...Ican't say anymore and I don't know how to try and explain t better , but that's it .....
Thanks JerryTubbs

Old 02-15-2002, 02:53 PM   #27
Todd Evans
I'm going to have to go with Jerry on this one too.  It seems that Tom is a little confused with the timeline of what happened, combined with the broken english of Winston's.  no fault of his either, english would be VERY difficult to learn as a second language I'm sure.....now let me get this straight for anyone confused....

Winston purchases $100 of balls from Jerry

Winston decides to purchase MORE balls from Jerry approx 6 months ago.

Winston sends Jerry a MO for the balls

Jerry sells out before getting MO

Jerry offers Winston the money back, but also informs him of more balls he'll be getting shortly.

Winston accepts the new offer and decides to wait until the balls come in.

Balls haven't come yet, but Winston wants something after being informed of Jerry's past dealings and notoriety (sp) on the BOI.

Winston requests a refund

Jerry has since had his finances frozen for an undisclosed (understandable) reason and cannot give a full refund.

There are still balls coming in the spring that Jerry can send to Winston to close the deal (after all, that WAS the deal)

All we have to do now, is wait until the spring to see if Jerry sends the balls, if he does, case closed, if he doesn't, then maybe his finances will be open and Winston can get a refund.  

I personally think that Winston jumped the gun a little on the post, claiming that Jerry didn't do what he hasn't been able to do yet (send the balls basically)  Winston got scared when he discovered the BOI, and figured he'd join in on the lynching.  Nobody can say that Jerry is a bad guy based on this case alone, he hasn't had the resources to make this a good deal, and Winston knew this.  According to what both parties described, Jerry did everything right.  If winston couldn't handle the terms of the aggreement then he should've requested the MO be sent back to him..........

Todd Evans

Old 02-15-2002, 03:07 PM   #28
Neil Gubitz
FINALLY! I guy with some SENSE!! Good going Todd!
Tom....stop trying to start flame war! You keep harping on the SAME things over and over....when, obviously, you didn't read it correctly the first time! It doesn't make you look too good! TRY being the BIGGER man and let's see how things turn out before you start sounding like a lot of others you DON'T want to be associated with! Take the chip off your shoulder and look at this situation like an adult! Jerry IS CORRECT!! ....Neil
PS....Your answer will say alot about you, Tom....I'll hold my opinion till then.

Old 02-15-2002, 04:23 PM   #29
bssnakes
Come on Neil! Give me a break! Chip on my shoulder??
A bigger man?? Flame war??  I will admit that it makes more sense after Todd put it in order. I feel bigger already!!  There are two facts here:
 (1) What ever reputation that Jerry Tubbs has? He made for himself. Nobody gave it to him!
 (2) If it wasn't for Jerrys reputation, this thread would not have been started on this BOI in the first place!!!  RIGHT!!!

Winston said in one of his posts that Jerry has had his money for 1 and 1/2 yrs. If that is not what he meant to say? I can understand why it confused me.
 Jerry if the time comes that you get everything in order?  You smooth things out. And I hope this happens for you!!  I will be the first one to shake your hand and tell you job well done!!!!
   Tom

Old 02-15-2002, 05:45 PM   #30
Corey Sawyer
If he is making payments, then leave the poor man alone. Winston was slow with payment on a first come frist serve basis.

Corey Sawyer

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!