Blazing Blizz Question - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #21
AUBREY'S REPTILES
Quote:
You cannot make an Albino anything with black eyes.
Sorry Dan, I had a massive brain fart. I forgot I was talking about BB's

Quote:
I can't wait to see a super snow blizzard...or an eclipse blizzard (if that's possible). I just want to see a solid white gecko with solid black eyes.
Paul summed it up the way I had meant to..

Old 02-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #22
Golden Gate Geckos
All the BB's I've seen (and produced) have albino-ish eyes. Some are darker than others, but they are are light-colored with reddish/pinkish hue and/or red veins. I have found that the lighter and redder the eyes, the more sensitive to light they are, and therefore difficult to photograph.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #23
420Geckos
Quote:
When I first heard that there were albino leopard geckos-quite a few years back now- my mental image of them was EXACTLY what a red eyed blazing blizzard looks like-a true albino
No dark pigment and red eyes
When i finally got to see my first Tremper Albino -I was actually shocked to see an "albino" animal with any color pigmentation other than pure white
I think whenever the term albino comes to mind describing an animal, i think of a white rat-LOL
What you’re referring to as a “true albino” would be called T- Albino. T- meaning tyrosinase negative or not able to produce melanin.

<o>
Quote:
</o>Snow Blizzards are pure white, just imagine a Blazing Super Snow w/ solid red eyes!
<o></o>That makes me much more excited about my Mack Snow project!

<o>
Quote:
</o>And I agree with you on the the blazing super snows! There are going to be some pretty freaky looking animals soon (freaky in a good way!) I can't wait to see a super snow blizzard...or an eclipse blizzard (if that's possible). I just want to see a solid white gecko with solid black eyes.
I can’t say a solid white gecko with solid black eyes has been produced, but I as well as others have “Eclipse” Blizzards. Mine changes day and night as far as color, but her eyes are always solid black. It may or may not be the same gene as RT’s.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:00 PM   #24
groovygeckos
Can hardly imagine, being able to see a Super Snow Blizzard, next to a Super Snow Blazing...But it WILL happen!! Heck, we havent even seen a Super Snow next to a Super Snow Albino yet

Old 02-22-2006, 03:13 PM   #25
420Geckos
That will be really cool!

Old 02-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #26
420Geckos
I just thought of something. What's a Mack Pastel Blizzard Going to look like? Mack Snow Pastel Blizzard? Mack Super Snow Pastel Blizzard? Throw some Bell albino in those crosses!??

Hopefully the double hets I make this year will do me good next season. It's crazy the number of morphs that will come from my DHs!

Old 02-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #27
groovygeckos
Quote:
So, Dan...have you seen a change in RAPTOR eye coloring? I've yet to hatch a raptor, but hopefully with a month or two...so I'm curious. I've always thought and hoped that raptor red eyes stay pretty red even into adulthood.
Paul, I must have missed this one. I havent really seen any change, but Im trying to keep them warm. LOL

The only difference Ive seen is what I posted above, and it is from inc. temps. Lets just say I wouldnt want to try to inc. a RAPTOR at 80dg. Any Tremper Albino for that matter.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #28
LeosForLess
I quickly read over this because i have missed it until now, but theres also the Las Vegas strain of albino. Paul Sage owns one, but Garrick Deymeyer tells me that they have a redder hue in their eyes and keep it until their older.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!