I need some help with bins for a new rack... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-24-2005, 05:48 PM   #21
dragonflyreptiles
oops forgot the pics

and those measurements are without the lid on since most people don't use the lid on a rack anyway

Old 02-24-2005, 05:53 PM   #22
dragonflyreptiles
If you think you want these I checked shipping and it would be $6.58 to send you 30 without the lids and they are $1 each for the boxes. I bought 1 extra tonight if you want to see it send me your address and Ill mail it to you tomorrow no charge.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:53 PM   #23
groovygeckos
wendy

would you know the # for that size box ? is it a sterilite ? i need 39 for my new baby- rack . just might be worth checking all the dollar stores if they have my size .
Ryan i have perfect plans for building racks that hold iris 22X 14`s (nice big box i use for my adults) or 2 side by side ( smaller iris boxes) . really can make them as many boxes wide as you need though . this kind does end up having spaces , if you use something to slide inbetween the box and the next shelf while building . ive found if you dont use a "spacer" it is very hard to get the shelves level and also have the boxes slide easily .

Old 02-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #24
o0 RYAN 0o
Hey, thanks for all of your help, I appreciate it. I'm going to figure out what bins I want to use and make a new plan. I'm thinking about using roughly 20 bins for young ones now, and then have two shelves with 6-8 larger bins for adults just in case.

I'll post later once I've figured out what bins I'm going to use.

Old 02-25-2005, 05:35 PM   #25
groovygeckos
Np

make sure to figure out the boxes by the size of the melamine your going to use or vice versa . the shelving i used is 16 " and the boxes are just over 14" deep . it really took a bit to find the right boxes for that size wood ,but of course there are different widths and many styles of boxes . these are the container store`s boot box ( the same as or they are the iris-brand)

Old 02-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #26
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
would you know the # for that size box ? is it a sterilite ? i need 39 for my new baby- rack . just might be worth checking all the dollar stores if they have my size .
Ryan i have perfect plans for building racks that hold iris 22X 14`s (nice big box i use for my adults) or 2 side by side ( smaller iris boxes) . really can make them as many boxes wide as you need though . this kind does end up having spaces , if you use something to slide inbetween the box and the next shelf while building . ive found if you dont use a "spacer" it is very hard to get the shelves level and also have the boxes slide easily .
These are 6 Qt one number says 1851 Assorted and the other says 1851LABO, Sterlite containers. They have them here at The Dollar Tree.

Old 02-25-2005, 08:09 PM   #27
groovygeckos
great , Thanks !

there is hope . thats the size i need too

Old 02-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #28
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
there is hope . thats the size i need too
If you can't find them there they had tons and tons here, several stacks of at least 50. I can get them and ship them to you fed x ground pretty cheap.

Old 02-25-2005, 08:34 PM   #29
Chris@TSE
We've got the 1652's (i think thats the number) here at the dollar tree as well....

The same ones were at value on sale for 88 cents each not too long ago as well.

We basically bought stock in the company and went nuts building hatchling racks for this seasons expected offspring
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leo_hatchling_racks.JPG (127.8 KB, 29 views)

Old 02-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #30
dragonflyreptiles
Nice rack's Chris.

They had that style here too, the lids are a little different than the 1851.

Can you measure one and see if they are the same size. I was curious since I have all 1851's and with the Dollar Tree if they run out you have to just get what they have next and they have a whole lot more of the one likes yours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!