AAA reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-05-2004, 07:40 AM   #21
SpindleHead
The ad did appear to be a little deceptive but the first pic in your album akelavegas1 sure mkaes them look blue as well. I'm not siding with the company you got them from because the blue color in the ad is the same color as the graphix. I am happy to hear they are healthy, but at this point I would probably cut my losses and move on.

Hope everything works out for you, take care
Chris Marston

Old 06-05-2004, 09:06 AM   #22
raiquee
If you notice the pic where the edge of the tail is that blue color, is because of the reflection from the bottom of the kritter karrier. It's not at all from the skin of the leo. Hence it would have to mean that they used one BIG flash, and their substrate was reflective for them to get those bright blue leos.

I've taken my losses, but i am informing people to take caution. That is the point of the BOI isn't it?

Old 06-05-2004, 01:13 PM   #23
Sasheena
It all comes down to the same thing as the RED gecko. DOES the photo represent the ANIMAL the absolute best? OR does it glorify some color or aspect and make it seem like the animal is something it isn't. The photo of the blue geckos is a very beautiful photograph, showing some real skill with taking photos. BUT.... could anyone look at that picture and the animals and say to themselves "that is EXACTLY what the animal looks like."? OR is it something that is LESS than the animal. Anything that is MORE than the animal, and the seller KNOWS it, is pure deception. Unless of course you add something like "This picture is so lousy, I know it shows the animal as being bright royal blue, but my skills are bad, and it's actually more like muddy dishwater brown."

Old 06-05-2004, 10:36 PM   #24
Xelda
I'm sorry this proved to be a bad experience for you. I think your complaints are justifiable particularly regarding AAA's customer service and misleading advertisement. But I think your problems could have been avoided by doing more research prior to the purchase. It's always best to shop around. If it means anything though, you do have some lovely blizzards, particularly the lighter one.

Old 06-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #25
raiquee
Thank you Xelda for the kind comments.

I do love the geckos i got, i was just a bit peeved at AAA for posting a picture that didn't show the geckos true color. I agree, i should have done some more research, but i guess i put too much honesty into something. I have however, learned my lesson and will be a lot more "buyer beware" about what i buy.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:26 PM   #26
GOLDENSERPENT
the albinos here

I could be completely wrong here and forgive me if I am. These two geckos look more like leucistics than they do albinos.
Just my opinion though.
They do look healthy however.
Good luck with them and at least they have an appearantly good home now.
Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!