pete perez, owner of Beyond the Web, how did you ship that sidewinder to adam? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:43 AM   #21
Beyond the Web
Yes, it was my first WC venomous, I had ONE sidewinder (as mentioned) as well as a pair of Northern Pacifics (2004 hatchlings) that were in brumation.

I just moved, and my new apartment does not have the capacity (or safety) to house them, so the pair of Northerns were returned to the person who gave them to me a few months ago.

Old 01-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #22
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Now Pete are you slipping back into denial? You just said you "had ONE sidewinder", yet you posted in another thread something that contradicts this statement.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=59631

Quote: 12-19-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by Beyond the Web
I have a WC '04 C. cerastes (spelling?), I don't have a scale however, it was a healthy one at decent weight just by observation. Over the past 4 weeks it has refused all feeders, I am under the assumption it prefers lizards (no surprise there as it is WC), and just today, I noticed its health diminishing. He seems to be getting underweight, it will only strike but won't eat.

Quote: 12-19-2004, 11:43 AM
I have a few others brumating w/o problems, I thought of just keeping this one warm along with a few other c.b. babies. He was caught early November in the Mojave Desert, and he only has 1 button on his rattle. I guess I'll have to cool him down and slowly start his brumation period.
pete, I just don't get that warm fuzzy feeling I love so well when I read your posts.

Did you have one sidewinder or more than one? Were the Northerns captive born or wild caught? How many other crotalids did/do you have? What became of and how did you disperse the ones you did/do have?

Perhaps it's just me but it seems that you are not being completely truthful. Maybe it's just that you leave little bits of the truth out until you think they'll help you.

I don't know pete, seems that something just ain't right.

Old 01-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #23
Beyond the Web
I'm sorry I'm not giving you those butterflies in your stomach, bud, and I'll go ahead and answer your questions.

The collection I had consisted of unsexed 2004 hatchlings, they cosisted of 1 sidewinder, and a pair of Northern Pacifics. The Northerns were CB from a WC female. I no longer have any Crotalids since moving into a new apartment, I no longer have the available "spare" room for Crotalids so all I am keeping are Boas, Pythons and a few spiders and scorpions which I use for my educational program.

Like I said earlier, the sidewinder was shipped to Adam (via UPS - ok I've answered the question to this thread, please let it go), the pair of Northerns (once again, as mentioned in my earlier post) were given back to the local person who is keeping the WC female from which the hatchlings came from.

I really don't know what else to tell you bud, except that my intentions are to be truthful and honest as I have taken the advice of other knowledgable folks who have lead me here. I can name a few, if they don't mind. But I think they'll eventually come out and let everyone know my true character... these are people who have advised me, and I'm sure they will contribute to this thread sooner or later.

Old 01-01-2005, 02:31 PM   #24
Wilomn
Quote:
I'm sorry I'm not giving you those butterflies in your stomach, bud, and I'll go ahead and answer your questions.
Now now petey, there is not need to get your panties in a knot is there? I'm not the guy who engaged in illegal activities. That was YOU, remember? As far as I can recall IGNORANCE is no excuse for breaking a law. Nor is it an excuse for breaking ALL the laws you have.

I'm also NOT the one trying to hide behind whomever I can.

Had you simply answered my questions a couple of weeks ago, when I ORIGINALLY asked them, you may well not be enjoying the spotlight that seems to have become your new home.

As to butterflies, you should learn to cognate before you spout.

Butterflies are NOT warm and fuzzy. In fact, as you should know since you claim to be some sort of insect guy(though spiders and scorpions-as I'm SURE you know- are NOT insects anyway) (wow, just how KNOWLEDGIBLE is your show), lepidopterans are referred to as SCALE WINGS, not fuzzy wings. How could a scaley winged creature give you warm fuzzy feelings? I know bakerfield is somewhat rudimentary on the evolutionary scale but surely you know the difference between warm and fuzzy, sort of like a puppy, and cold and scaley like a butterfly.

Don't be mad at me because YOU have made a public imbecille of yourself. Those are YOUR feet in your mouth, NOT mine.

Old 01-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #25
Mike Greathouse
Thank you Pete

In Pete's defense, I think that he has stepped up and laid everything out on the table. For that, he is to be commended. Yes, he made a mistake, but the true test of a man's character is his ability to admit the mistakes he has made and then stand up and take responsibility.

I just recently completed a deal with Pete. We exchanged many emails both prior to and after the fact and I have found him to be a man of his word. He is genuinely concerned about the welfare of the animals in his charge and as the seller in that transaction, I appreciate someone who asks all the questions that need to be asked.

There is no question that Pete made an error in judgement regarding his deal with Adam. I know he regrets his action, but I also feel that he has learned from his mistake. I, for one, have accepted his apology and am willing to call him a friend. I would help that everyone else could do the same.

It's a brand new year with hope and promise. Let's start it out on a positive note.

Thank you,

Old 01-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #26
Beyond the Web
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Now now petey, there is not need to get your panties in a knot is there? I'm not the guy who engaged in illegal activities. That was YOU, remember? As far as I can recall IGNORANCE is no excuse for breaking a law. Nor is it an excuse for breaking ALL the laws you have.

I'm also NOT the one trying to hide behind whomever I can.

Had you simply answered my questions a couple of weeks ago, when I ORIGINALLY asked them, you may well not be enjoying the spotlight that seems to have become your new home.

As to butterflies, you should learn to cognate before you spout.

Butterflies are NOT warm and fuzzy. In fact, as you should know since you claim to be some sort of insect guy(though spiders and scorpions-as I'm SURE you know- are NOT insects anyway) (wow, just how KNOWLEDGIBLE is your show), lepidopterans are referred to as SCALE WINGS, not fuzzy wings. How could a scaley winged creature give you warm fuzzy feelings? I know bakerfield is somewhat rudimentary on the evolutionary scale but surely you know the difference between warm and fuzzy, sort of like a puppy, and cold and scaley like a butterfly.

Don't be mad at me because YOU have made a public imbecille of yourself. Those are YOUR feet in your mouth, NOT mine.
I apologize for not placing a "smiley" face there on my part, I meant it as a joke in regards to the butterflies in your stomach. I meant no offense at all, it was a dumb joke. It was meant as a joke, to kind of break the ice there between us.

Old 01-01-2005, 02:45 PM   #27
Wilomn
In that case the misunderstanding, on that point, was ENTIRELY mine.

I've also posted again in your kingsnake thread.

Old 01-01-2005, 02:46 PM   #28
Beyond the Web
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
In that case the misunderstanding, on that point, was ENTIRELY mine.

I've also posted again in your kingsnake thread.
No offense taken at all.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #29
DAND
Warning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
In Pete's defense, I think that he has stepped up and laid everything out on the table. For that, he is to be commended. Yes, he made a mistake, but the true test of a man's character is his ability to admit the mistakes he has made and then stand up and take responsibility.
I disagree. (There goes my rep points again) Had he stepped up and laid everything on the table I wouldn't have had to re-ask the question today. He still didn't asnwer the question of what he was sending via Delta.

Quote: 12-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Here's another package on the way via Delta.

He stepped up after he was confronted and cornered not because he wanted to.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #30
Beyond the Web
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
I disagree. (There goes my rep points again) Had he stepped up and laid everything on the table I wouldn't have had to re-ask the question today. He still didn't asnwer the question of what he was sending via Delta.

Quote: 12-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Here's another package on the way via Delta.

He stepped up after he was confronted and cornered not because he wanted to.
Dave, that pic was real. It was of a shipment I received via fedex, the sender must have not had regular tape, and used Delta tape instead.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!