Colorado Reptile Rescue is bad news - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-29-2003, 11:01 AM   #21
Dennis Gulla
Forgive me Mark

After reading his second post, I assumed that he had some type of relationship with you and Aimee be that friends and or business.

"Aimee seemed to be sypathetic and said that is why she doesn't work with anymore."

I believe he was trying to say that Aimee was sypathetic to the fact that he was upset that he had been turned down for adoption.

Old 10-29-2003, 11:26 AM   #22
liegekiller
you assume wrongly. I was talking to her about the process and that they were asking the same questions several times in emails and I didn't seem to be getting anywhere with the adoption. Yes I know Aimee and she knows me. Mark I don't know much and only talked to once. I am good friends with Ron at gator gardens and he can also tell you that I am a good reptile owner and would make a great home for them. I really don't want to give you all the wrong idea about me so I am done with this post for now. I appologize if I have upset anyone and I think that maybe if there are that many people out there that like them that I might have the wrong idea about Colorado Reptile Rescue. They did treat me wrong in denying me without doing any research and for that I don't understand but I will send them another email and see what I information that I can get from them. In the way that I was treated I assumed that there were many people out there that may have been treated the same way. You shouldn't assume anything and I did.. bad me... Just talk to me though and you will see that I am a really nice person and maybe I can get this cleared up as something else. Thanks

Russel Reiter

Old 10-29-2003, 11:59 AM   #23
morphrancher
I don't personally know anyone associate with CoRR but here is my experience:

In April I visited their site and filled out the online application and sent them the required $10 application fee through PayPal.

1. I never heard back via email. Not even an aknowledgement of application or payment received.

2. They were at our small local show in June and I mentioned my application andpayment. I was told they probably did not have the type of animals I was willing to adopt and I would hear from them when they were available.

3. I saw them again in September at the local fall show. Same answer to my question.

I know they are a volunteer organization and I fully respect that. I do volunteer work as well and understand about time commitments, organization, etc.

They do a great service in our community and I respect that as well. I believe the green iguana situation is truly tragic and it's great that someone steps forward to help deal with these animals.

However, I do not feel it is appropirate to take a non-refundable "application fee" and then fail to act on it. I have no problem making a donation to CoRR. It's not about the money. I have dealt with other animal rescues and have been ignored by them as well, so in my experience it's common.

I don't feel it's accurate to describe them as "bad news" but with them, as well as some of the other rescues I've dealt with, it would be nice to see placement of animals become an important aspect of their function.

Alex Tanner

Old 10-29-2003, 12:14 PM   #24
colubridman88
Ok you are really making yourself look bad here pal

FIRST OFF, As mark already stated. THEY ARE NOT A BUISNESS. OK. You cant report them to the BBB, nor do they make any money. So think about things before you type them.

Second, it sounds like your references know something about your husbandry that we dont. If your references wont even vouch for your knowledge and husbandry skills, then who else do you have to prove that you are a knowledgeable and a good keeper, maybe you arent. Maybe they know something we don't.

What did you mean by "didn't REALLY contact any of them". Did they or did they not???!!!????!!

They have every right to shut your application down. Especially if they contacted one of you Refs. and they said something that made them think twice about letting you adopt. You are bitter, acceptance is the first step to recovery, stop the denial. Just leave CoRR alone. They do good work. I'd like to see you take care of 100 green Iguanas. and 35 large constrictors. I personally dont know how they do it .

Jesse Smith
Colorado Colubrids
Still supporting people who care for unwanted reptiles, even if they were to deny my aplication.

Old 10-29-2003, 12:20 PM   #25
Dennis Gulla
Hmmmmm......Hundreds of iguanas.......Thirty five Boa Constrictors? Is there anyone here (besides Mark & Aimee) who has been aproved to adopt something from this rescue?

Old 10-29-2003, 12:24 PM   #26
liegekiller
I will say this one more time..... NO ONE CONTACTED ANY REFERENCES...... That means they talked to no one about me. They don't know me and they don't know if I am a good reptile owner or not. This is why there is a problem. They did nothing to find out. They said yes then they said no and they have NO information to be able to say weather or not I am a good owner or not. I hope this is clear enough for you this time.

*****NOTE******
It appears to some that they take the application fee and run
*****NOTE******

I am not saying they did this I am only telling you what others have said also. Just read the facts and go with it....

Old 10-29-2003, 12:48 PM   #27
colubridman88
Well.........

Well, your grammar improved a little. I don't think they would just do that. I think i am going to call CoRR today and alert them of the thread. See what they have to say. I am sure they will shed some light on why they denied you. We will see what you have to say then.
Jesse Smith
Colorado Colubrids

Old 10-29-2003, 12:54 PM   #28
liegekiller
I appreciate that. I look forward to seeing if you might be able to find out.

Old 10-29-2003, 12:55 PM   #29
Dennis Gulla
Yes, please contact them or send them a link to this thread. I would like to hear what they have to say as well.

Old 10-29-2003, 01:49 PM   #30
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
Thirty five Boa Constrictors?
I just went to the web site. I counted FOUR boa constrictors available for adoption. In fact - here's the entire snake count.

9 Burmese Pythons
4 Boa Constrictors
4 Ball Pythons
2 Radiated Rat Snakes
2 Blue Beauties

21 Snakes total. I do not know where you are seeing 35 adoptable boas.

Quote:
NO ONE CONTACTED ANY REFERENCES......
If this is your point - some proof would be good. Completely non reptile related, but in the business world (pertaining to employment applications), references and their comments are confidential. No one has to tell you what your references said.

Quote:
Yes, please contact them or send them a link to this thread.
I believe they are aware of this thread. Please place ~125 iguanas in your home, and then reply to this thread when they are all fed and cleaned up after. Then medicate half of them (since even half is a conservative number when talking about rescued iguanas). Do you still have an abundance of time to play on the internet, process each and every application within hours of reciept, and send emails to every single person who's iguana is sick? Probably not.

Quote:
It appears to some that they take the application fee and run
This is yet another statement with no factual evidence backing it up.

Quote:
I am sure they will shed some light on why they denied you. We will see what you have to say then.
Well - honestly, a respectable organization probably will not share this kind of information.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!