St Roberts Show - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 06-16-2004, 10:04 PM   #21
Karen Hulvey
Oops, not done totally

You say you know nothing about the sick redfoot? I know you're lying now because I did a search w/your name and you have listed for sale on this very website EVERY animal that was on the SAME table with the sick redfoot including the ornate uromastyx.

C'mon now, yu said if you had seen it you would have bought it???? You already own it or at least the carcass.

I can't stand a liar and a crybaby.

Karen

Old 06-17-2004, 12:28 AM   #22
sychoram
Anyway, As a show promoter I may have made some mistakes, I take criticism fairly well, I don't hold a grudge. If you have a suggestion, complaint, comment, or just wanna shoot the sh%* at my show, I come around almost every hour to check on my vendors. Most people get tired of seeing me by the end of the day, but you know what, THAT'S MY JOB. If you think you see a problem, please let me know immediately, then this type of junk can be stopped before it becomes an issue. I will not tell someone what to price their animals at, but if it is a sick animal issue (these are my pet store customers that visit this show) I will ask it to be put away.

I believe that you should communicate with your vendors, in a calm rational manner, because without their input you never know what changes need to be made. I don't need to come in and take control of a situation, I'm here everyday trying to make sure those situations don't happen.

Maybe trying to take on Memorial day was a mistake, but at least as a promoter I took the chance.

As vendors I understand the sacrafices you had to make to be there and I am extremely grateful that you all took a chance with me. The future may bring a lot of changes to this show. Don't give up on me just because this show didn't go as well as planned.

Thank you
Big Jim

Old 06-17-2004, 09:30 AM   #23
Karen Hulvey
James

I don't think the show was as bad as Jim is making it out to be.

He had the tables facing the food court didn't he?

As far as I can tell, he had the only sick and dying animal there, the redfoot with the swollen eyes. It was the only one priced well below wholesale at $50. He was trying to sell it before it died.
Redfoots that size sell for $85 on wholesale lists.
Then he lies and says that if he would have seen a redfoot for $50 he would have bought it. I did a search of his name on this site and all the geckoes and uromastyx that were on HIS table, the same table that had the sick tort, are for sale on this site.

I didn't have a problem with that show and I don't think many other people did either. I knew it was a chance with it being a holiday weekend. I've already done 17 shows this year, some good, some bad. I've never done one where a vendor disses another vendor he doesn't even know.

I have a serious problem with people dissing friends of mine and saying their animals would die before they got out the door. Then he says we are selling animals at wholesale prices. Well if we were selling animals at wholesale prices why didn't he buy the black bloods? No, not wholesale priced. Also our balls weren't priced at wholesale prices either, he said he buys his for $4 and change. So he needs to mind his own business.

He said he said these things to you because he was your friend. Well, James, with friends like him, you certainly don't need any enemies.

How does he expect to sell anything when he overprices his animals. I mean $250 for a pair of crested geckoes? All the other geckoes were overpriced too. He states his NIgerian uro male was captive bred. Yeah, right.

I've proven he is a liar and I'm not going to back down.
Karen

Old 06-17-2004, 09:40 AM   #24
MikeAnthony
I went to that show with a group of friends. I buyed 1 of those 15 dollar ball pytons. My frined did too. I want to knw that if is sick what do I do. Will it make my corn snake sick? I feed mine 2 x a week fuzze mice and my friend feeds his the same way. They are eating and acting fine too.

Old 06-17-2004, 09:43 AM   #25
jim0602
karen you keep stretching here.show me where it says i feed 500-1000 balls ????? no you can't.now your crying over lisas prices beign to high..when you have quality you can get the prices.i do admit i thought they were way outta line also.but the next weekend alot sold.yep you see me selling alot of the lizzards she had.we worked out a deal and i bought all the lizzards she had..but 1 thing you don't see is a red foot now do you ?? now if and i say if she had the red foot which it sounds like she did then theres 2 things to say.1 she should not of had it for sale or 2 she did point out a problem with it,she did say it needed medical attention,and she was selling for 1/3 to 1/4th of it's value.not selling it as a healthy animal.now you need to make up your mind.you say you sold a bird and a hamster in 1 post.then you sold snakes.which is it ??? your the only person to come here and say anything good and all you sold was a bird and a hamster in your own words.not even the promoters have said anything good about the show.
you need to look at what forum this is .it is the shows and events forum.if you wish for this to continue as an attack on ozark reptiles which i guess is your friends and myself then it will need to go to the boi which is where b.s. like this belongs.

jim

Old 06-17-2004, 09:45 AM   #26
jim0602
mike no one other than karen has said the snakes were sick.from what i saw none were sick.they were thin.if you get it to eat you will probabaly have a good snake.but a ball python is not going to eat 2 times a week every week.

jim

Old 06-17-2004, 09:48 AM   #27
jim0602
once again karen showing her ignorance...noipe not me facing the food court.

jim

Old 06-17-2004, 09:52 AM   #28
Karen Hulvey
The redfoot is not there because it died, simple as that.
Yes i only sold two things, not snakes. I helped my friends w/their table. I think it was pretty clear which table I had if you can read and comprehend the previous posts.

The poor promoters have been screwed coming and going and complaining about not getting people there isn't going to change anything. They did, IMO, all they could to get people there.

Who cares what forum this is. It all boils down to who started the crap about my friends selling crappy animals. You posted about my friends, I was told about it and I responded.

You need to apologize and get it over with. The only truth about that show is your table had the only sick and dying animal on it.

You shouldn't post if you can't take the heat. As for this being BS, yes it is, you're full of it. You need to accept responsibility and apologize and drop it. That's the only way it's going to end.

KARENNNNNNN

Old 06-17-2004, 09:56 AM   #29
jim0602
apologize ????? now you have really lost your mind. go find where i said there was 1 sick animal on there tabel .nope you can't because i didn't say it.and you have me confused with 2 ladies.i can guarantee you i am no lady.

jim

Old 06-17-2004, 09:57 AM   #30
Karen Hulvey
I'm not ignorant but you're an idiot.

In case you can't figure out how to go back and reread your posts, here is what you wrote:

My problem was it was 90% animals on their deathbeds. Ball python babies for $12.50 or less that you could nearly see through. Now that’s not the main problem with dying animals being sold. What few customers that were there only knew price tag. They didn’t realize that this animal would be dead in a week.

These animals are not dead, what is it now, 3 weeks later. If you didn't mean sick, then what did you mean. You're a complete A$$ and an idiot to boot.

What's with you, apologize and get it over with. You're totally in the wrong.

Karen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!