Sick Beardie-I'm at a Loss - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #21
dragonluver83
I think there is a very large cool side compared to a smaller basking area. Try getting a temp readin in the middle of the cage then go to the cooler side.
Looking at it i think you have a vast cool side compared to a smaller hot spot. also explaining why she never leaves the hot side. you could even split that cage into a two part section.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #22
Papa Wyrm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
I think there is a very large cool side compared to a smaller basking area. Try getting a temp readin in the middle of the cage then go to the cooler side.
Looking at it i think you have a vast cool side compared to a smaller hot spot. also explaining why she never leaves the hot side. you could even split that cage into a two part section.
k 87 in the middle. seriously i could split it? everything i've read so far is screaming 4' enclosure, 80 cool side, 105 basking side.
don't get me wrong, if i can put in a partition and another basking bulb and get another beardie in there(assuming her fecals come back negative on monday, she's acting like the meds worked for sure) that'd be sweet.
at what point though do i need to remove the partition and open up the whole space?
the other consideration is that the other two cages are set up pretty much the same, and the beardies in those two a thriving, heck the one is only a week older but 20 grams heavier and 2 inches longer.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #23
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Wyrm View Post
k 87 in the middle. seriously i could split it? everything i've read so far is screaming 4' enclosure, 80 cool side, 105 basking side.
don't get me wrong, if i can put in a partition and another basking bulb and get another beardie in there(assuming her fecals come back negative on monday, she's acting like the meds worked for sure) that'd be sweet.
at what point though do i need to remove the partition and open up the whole space?
the other consideration is that the other two cages are set up pretty much the same, and the beardies in those two a thriving, heck the one is only a week older but 20 grams heavier and 2 inches longer.
4 foot cages are more for adults. Atleast that what mine are. my babies cages are 3'x2'x13" And i can house 20 babies comfortably in them. I have 4 10 inch juvies in one and its plenty of room. What you need to make sure of that the cage offers a hot spot and a cool spot. but you dont need all that extra cage room until there adults. thats when they need a large area for hot and cool spots.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #24
Papa Wyrm
here's a pic of the other cages, same size, dragons are all within a month of each other, i have three boamaster cages comin...they're gonna be 3 footers. and i already have the dragons for them, but i didn't want to have em shipped to me until i get yahzi back in shape, or at least paisite free.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cage setup.jpg (50.7 KB, 62 views)

Old 05-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #25
Papa Wyrm
what about males and females, do you house them together as juvies? i have two of em together, but they're within 3 grams(39 and 36) of each other and both female. what about nips...you don't have any problems with nips?

Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #26
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Wyrm View Post
what about males and females, do you house them together as juvies? i have two of em together, but they're within 3 grams(39 and 36) of each other and both female. what about nips...you don't have any problems with nips?
I house males and females unitl you can see that the male is starting to get aggressive and becoming sexually mature then they get separated.
As far as nips my babies are heavily fed. Most ppl who havent gotten animals from me say how they eat right outta the box. A happy full dragon is just that. most of the time nips are from under fed dragons. BUT you will have some of the more aggressive babies that nip cause there little . So they get separated!

Old 05-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #27
Papa Wyrm
so is everyone else on page with that? either partition off the cage for littler dragons or house more together until they are older?

Old 05-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #28
ace9916
I agree on the reducing the size of the cage. I keep my babies in tubs 3x18x10 or i keep them in 4x2x15 enclosures when i have 20 or more from the same clutch. with two basking sides in the cage. The fewer the babies i have the smaller the enclosure i use.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #29
Papa Wyrm
See now i'm gonna have to get more beardies lol i thought i was close to capacity...

Old 05-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #30
Papa Wyrm
yahzi is doin better, she held down the 3 dubias from sunday, and she pounced the crickets i offered, i gave her 4 for today. hopefully i get a stool from her soon so i can get it tested just to make sure her meds worked. she's all head up and attentive, better than she's looked since i got her. i gave her a dose of acidphiliz this morning. assuming everything goes well (stuff out the back end, not the front) i'll double her food, half in the mornin, half after work. then i'm thinkin keep increasing her food as the week progresses until she's getting full?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!