duane beattie rips off another victim - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:04 AM   #21
DThomas
Re: One more time

Quote:
Originally posted by ms_terese
Ken is correct, proof is not required for posting. It would be very helpful for credibility, though. Heck, even a few factual details would assist your fellow herpers in understanding where this deal went wrong.
Actullay, that was me Terese.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #22
ms_terese
Dennis, my apologies!! This is why my husband tries to keep me from posting early in the morning before I've had a pot or two of coffee....

Old 10-13-2004, 12:05 PM   #23
chuckdelph
Terese

Thanks for your 3 replies, I have written to the moderators to ask for help so I do this correctly, I have also asked for permission to display the video as pictures so you can tell me your opinion from what you see ,this is my letter to the moderators,hi, I am sorry if I have done something incorrectly, Please tell me what It is .The only forum rules I saw was: you MAY start a new thread . I have e-mailed the moderators to request help before my first post . I am not happy to be doing this . I am however compelled by the terrible hurt I've experienced to continue. 2 of you seem angered but I swear to you everything I've written is true. I will send you a copy of the small amount of video I have, as I had no other way to take a picture. I have ordered a cable from sears today to put the recording on video and will display it a.s.a.p. if you will allow me. I asure you I have no intension of wasting anyones time. I ask that you please be fair with me and help me thru this. PLEASE! Thankyou, vicki

this is the third letter I have sent them

Old 10-13-2004, 12:33 PM   #24
ms_terese
You're not getting the point.

I don't doubt you have video that shows the chams.

I'm asking you to ANSWER QUESTIONS about the purchase, arrival, and care of the chams.

I'm not angry, I'm simply frustrated that A) animals have apparently died, and B) there is no explanation why.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #25
Duane
Here is a copy of the auction.

10 Lots Of Baby Veiled Chameleons

10 Lot Of Blue Sunburst Veiled Chameleons
6M /4F These Are Eating 1/8-3/16 Crickets
Well Started And Very Healthy. Your Choice Of
Shipping, US Postal Express Mail $20, UPS $38
e-mail us at bce@verizon.net after you bid
we dont get mail from this site

Special Note: Vickie Got These Shipped 2 Different Places For 2x$20 Express Mail Which Brings Her Total To $215
If She Didn't Kill Then I Would Have Replaced Them No Problem, But They Can't Keep Their Stories Straight And The Lies And Attacks Keep Comming.
Anyone That Would Be As Stupid As I Was To Deal With These People Will Be Sorry.
She Was Right About One Thing, It Was A Bid And I Left Her Negoiate After The Fact. But only on the shipping.
My Other Auction Reads A Trio For $90 Shipped. She Wanted To Pay $180 And Get Them Shipped Both Places, (Free Shipping). But that was not the auction they bid on.
Maybe That's Why They Think I Owe Them 4 More Chameleons.
They think they only paid for 6. I guess. The stories keep changing. When she called after she had them for 12 hours, that is the first I heard of any problem. She said she didn't give them water and had them on a heating pad. And they could not walk. I told her Please take them off the heating pad and give them water. She said they all ate, but now they could not walk. At that time, none were mentioned being dead. She hung up on me and I was trying to help. I then emailed her to try to help. Chuck called the next day and said that he wanted 4 chameleons sent and if I didn't they would ruin my business and smear my name every day until I sent them. I am sorry this happened. But it is not my fault. There is nothing else that I can do. To me this is over.
Duane Beattie

Old 10-13-2004, 01:39 PM   #26
lavta3
answer the question

Vicki
the only thing that you seem to be doing succesfully is avoiding the questions that you are being asked by all the members. the questions have been brought up multiple times in this thread, but you come on here and make more accusations. COLOR=orangered]WHY NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT YOU ARE BEING ASKED[/color]

Val osipenko

Old 10-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #27
chuckdelph
Yet another lie duane

the readers that care may read the closed ad I have already posted but was deleted . The purchase was on reptibid .com look under closed bids # 1097073928 chuck delph dutch auction I paid his asking price, everything was great. his wife took over and everything exploded. when duane placed this ad his said oct.2 they were eating up to 3/8 inch crickets, not what he is now saying, cause he knows he sent me smaller much smaller. Duane breeds these chameleons over and over and over for seven years non-stop. IS it possible it caused a very weak and small clutch YES! I may have never hatched a baby but when you see skin over bone no fat or muscle, and a gap on the white line where the egg sack was attached, that by the way is now forming a solid white line on four that are now doing much better. I put them on THE INCUBATOR PAD with the proper reptile light with fresh bulbs I also had just purchased. I rushed out and bought the incubator because of the weak condition they were in. They weren't able to use the cage I had made ready for them I was expecting some thing that could hang on to a small vine these couldn't not . THE WERE KEPT AT 82 DEGREES IN THE DAY lights on AND & 78 AT NIGHT lights off They were misted instantly with warm water my husband had waiting when i walked home from the post office 1 block and( I arrived at the post office before it opened)and misted with warm water several times, the pad changed once cause it was getting damp, they were held as little as possible even though it broke my heart, I just wanted to hold them and love them , especially the ones that were dying but I know it cases them stress. I did everything any reptile lover would do I love all my babies and give them the best possible care I spoke to Duane by phone # times for long periods of time both on his dime and mine . I really liked him he sounded genuine and caring and I trusted him enough to send him 215$ his wife took over and handeled the order and did not send what duane promised, she has told many untruths that you may check and see
Dutch Item Title: 10 Baby Veiled Chameleons
Auction number 1097073928
Category: Lizard -> Veiled Chameleons

Information:
Seller User ID: Duane
Seller E-mail: mailto:bce@verizon.net
DUTCH price: $175.00
Quantity bidded on: 1
Total price: 175.00 X 1 = 175.00

If you want to view you bid, please visit:
http://www.reptibid.com/cgi-bin/auct...tem=1097073928

Now What?
The buyer and seller should contact each other within three business
days to complete the sale. Not getting in touch leaves the contract open
and can earn you negative feedback.

We hope you have enjoyed using the Reptile Auction and will come back
often.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:58 PM   #28
lavta3
what about the vet?

how about the question about the vet? copy of bill or statement?
how long after you received the animals did they die?

Old 10-13-2004, 04:43 PM   #29
ms_terese
OK, now I understand the pricing. You bought them for $175 plus $20 shipping; you shipped packages separately, so that made the shipping $20 x 2 = $40 + $175 bid = $215.

By the way, can you just explain why you shipped to 2 different locations? Did you receive all 10 of the chams, or did you send some of them elsewhere?

Where in the ad did it give the age of the chams? Was that given to you in a separate email? I see nothing that would indicate these animals were supposed to be 2 months old. It says "well started babies" only.

What day did you receive the chams?

Who advised you to get an incubator and put them in it?

When did you take the animals to the vet?

When did the first animal die?

How many have died?

Can you please post the information from the vet, explaining what advice he/she gave, and what their assessment was?

Did you attempt to put crickets in with the chams?

Duane: Do you agree with the information that Vickie has provided above? Is this your understanding of how the animals were handled?

Old 10-13-2004, 05:06 PM   #30
Chris Anderson
Vicki,

It doesn't say anywhere that you purchased 2 month old animals. You also basically admited to having no idea how large a hatchling really is and that all you used to make that assesment was the presense of an enlarged area on the ventral surface that you think was from being attached to the egg. Basically, you have no idea, you had no idea what you were getting into and didn't bother to do your research before the fact (or you would have known you were not doing the right thing with the heat pad) and now that you've killed a number of them, you want something for it. Why did you put them on the heatpad in the first place? Have you provided them a temperature gradient like they need? You're now saying you did water them but up till now, you said you didn't because you didn't want to drownd them. Why did you think it was a good idea to get 10 without any knowledge or experience with chams? Why did you think it was a good idea to get them for a childrens school program? It sounds to me like you really have no claim with Duane and the only person you should be looking at for fault is yourself. If there was something wrong when you first got them, he told you to contact him immediately. I'm sorry but I don't think it is right for you to try to hurt someones reputation when they are not at fault for your mistakes and in all reality, provided you with the information you needed but chose to ignore.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!