primate haters - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #21
BryonsBoas
I haven't seen one snake keeper try to file their animals teeth down.
I haven't seen one dog keeper file their dog's teeth down.
Same goes for cat owners as well.

I have hard time buying into the argument that primate keeping can be compared to mainstream pet keeping just by the numbers. There are FARRRRR more dog & cat owners by volume in comparison to primate keepers. I believe the same goes for reptilekeepers compared to primate keepers.

If you look at the numbers, in the last couple of years primates have attacked how many times?

If she is already talking about having its teeth filed, she knows it is far more dangerous than a boa or ball python.

Letting it roam in her house or in her $3k caging is really different than putting it in more suitable habitat at a good zoo how? At the least would have a colony, more suitable habitat and they do work at making feeding more natural than the typical private owner.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:39 AM   #22
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylady1193 View Post
please fool!
After some reflection, I wondered why this thread was here in the first place. While Fauna is mentioned at other sites, as far as I know it is not known for primate info at all.

Why is the OP coming here, flinging what is almost a challenge to unspecified persons who have apparently conveyed their opinions on primates as pets, at a reptile board?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:12 AM   #23
Wolfy-hound
Hey, as long as the thread happened, it MIGHT deter someone else from picking up a monkey as a pet. IF they read the info, and don't just go "Hey I'd love to have a furry substitute child! It will love me and stay little and cute forever!"

Old 03-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #24
crazylady1193
me telling you about my iguana and boa was not because it makes me qualified to keep monkeys, i put my own personal experience there because i did not want to offend those of you that do own them. geesh people. if i belived everything i read down to the last letter i would not have had those as pets nor my sliders. have any of you ever had a primate? or been to someones house that has them? im guessing not. i dont think its fair to judge someone that you do not know personally. and as far as my s/n goes it was given to me when i was in the us millitary and has stayed with me so thank you for that thought as well. i understand some animals are not pet material, it is up to that person to decide what they want to raise as a pet or sit back and look at from afar.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #25
crazylady1193
ok i just went back threw and read all the post.. yes i do plan on getting more lemurs no not a colony of 20 but a small one of 5 to 7, and the post i put up for the capuchin is trying to help somone else find one, belive me or not i really dont care. i have never been nor will i ever be a azz to someone who wants want some concerdier a bad idea for a pet. i will gladly invite any of you to my home and will take you myself over to where i got my "baby" from and you can see for your self that he is not excepted with his parents. again NO he was not ripped from his mother. now i understand why people that do own primate keep there mouth shut, they dont want to hear crap about there choices. yes i have been to a zoo not all of there monkeys are on a island only one kind is the rest are in cages. and i have seen mean ass children throw things at that island like cups food they didnt want and i have seen both the ones in the cages and on the island scream out because they were scared. when i first started this thread yes it was after i posted on other places on this board i never said any of the emails were from anyone on here. i have tried very hard not to offend any of you. yes he will get his teeth filed and so will all of the others i get, yes it is for my saftey as well as thers. yes i concerder him my "baby" as i do with all of my animals yes he is loved and cared for by my entire family. he will ride on my dogs back threw my house so i take that as some type of happiness. you cant force a troop to take him and untill he is in a troop of his own wheather it be purchased by me or back in the one he came from i will do my very best to take care of him. have any of you ever heard of "helping hands" sissy the primate ?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #26
Mokele
Well, it's pretty obvious you have no intention of listening to anyone whose advice you disagree with, so I might as well try to salvage something of value out of this mess:

When the lemur dies or has to be put down due to erratic and aggressive behavior, can I have the body? I'll pay for dry ice and shipping, but if it gets above -20C, the tendons will begin to degrade and I won't be able to do the tests I want to, though the skeleton will still make a nice teaching aid.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #27
Double LY
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
After some reflection, I wondered why this thread was here in the first place. While Fauna is mentioned at other sites, as far as I know it is not known for primate info at all.

Why is the OP coming here, flinging what is almost a challenge to unspecified persons who have apparently conveyed their opinions on primates as pets, at a reptile board?
I'm with Lucille on this one. I pulled up your previous posts and no one decided to openly bash you about owning a lemur. In fact, you state yourself that you have received "many, many e-mails" regarding this matter.

If users have been decent enough to send any "anti-primate-owning" communications to you privately, why would you choose to start a thread, if not to provoke those members?

If you don't like the e-mails you are receiving, delete them. Problem solved.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #28
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylady1193 View Post
i dont think its fair to judge someone that you do not know personally.
Look, lady. No one knew who you were here before you started all this. No one was discussing primates.

If you walk onto the range and put up a nice big target, don't be suprised if someone shoots at it.

And do NOT say "i don't think its (sic) fair to judge someone that you do not know personally" AFTER you set up the target and you invited the target practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylady1193
now i understand why people that do own primate keep there mouth shut
If you understand, then why are you continuing to post?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #29
Wolfy-hound
If you choose not to listen, then you can be just like all the other misguided people who will eventually dump their "beloved baby" on some hapless sanctuary, which will then have to try to sort out the damaged animal.
I have seen monkeys as "pets" and I actually go to and support a sanctuary who has to take care of all the poor things that were dumped after they turn into MONKEYS, instead of babys.
You're blind if you seriously think that the breeder didn't take that baby from the mother. Of course a adult won't take it back! They removed it already! How do you think you'll ever intregate a group?

I feel horrible for that poor creature, destined for a life like that. I wish you loved primates as much as those of us that consider what THEY need first.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #30
crazylady1193
I do agree with some of the things a few of you have said here. I did start this thread, so yes I have to take what has been said. I like most people will ever own what everyone considers to be the perfect pet. Not everyone will always agree with what someone else has or says. This is not a perfect world by any means. I have continued to post about this because I either didn't agree or had something else to say about it just as any of you would, if you felt strongly about it. Not everyone has the same thought of what they want or conceder as a pet.i know that lemurs, primates of any kind are not everyone thing. I enjoy having primates around me not just to look at but to physically interact with. I have been raised around them most of my life. I wasn't in anyway trying to piss anyone off. The post had nothing to do with anyone on the board. When I saw a place to vent I took advantage of it. I do think that if any of you actually took the time to get to know me and what type of person I am you could better understand the choices I have made. I love animals of every species, I want to learn everything I can about them. I understand some of you do not agree with me but I do strongly believe hands on experience is better than anything you can read in a book. I do have more than enough time to give to my animals, and have never sold or breed them just because I was tired of them. Don't plan to. What's wrong with giving me a chance on this board before you decide you don't want me on here? IM not saying that any of you have said that but IM sure you have thought it. I can't say that I blame you I do think we got off on the wrong foot.just like all of you I have a deep love for animals, I don't always make the right choices on the ones I decide to raise but I do what I can for them and always put as much as humanly possible into them and there well being.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!