Inquiry Laura Mansfield/Rhachic of Good Life Herps - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #21
SynPlus
USPS just called, Laura. They inquired about the pants and all I could remember was that you mentioned they were petite and I recall them being black.. though it was a man calling about the pants so I am not sure these pants were the pants they called about.

Any who, I requested that she send me an email regarding this issue so I can get that posted so I can verify that I am indeed going through with the mail loss process (I can't recall the name of the place off my head so it may not be "mail loss process") and should be receiving that before 3:45pm my time the employee had mentioned.

Hopefully this will help things a little.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #22
bobtard
Laura, just to be clear, you haven't lost anything (geckos, money, etc) in this transaction, correct? If you have, please let me know, as I very well may be mistaken.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #23
otlauram
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtard View Post
Laura, just to be clear, you haven't lost anything (geckos, money, etc) in this transaction, correct? If you have, please let me know, as I very well may be mistaken.
the only thing i lost was 20.00 in shipping i paid for her to send me the books which never arrived. Other than that at this point, no i have not lost any animals.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #24
SynPlus
The email arrived a while ago on my other personal e-mail account. I've edited my email to say at instead of @ as a spam filter.

Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:07 PM
To: ubivat at live.com
Subject: Missing Books

The purpose of this email is to document a problem you experienced with a package containing books. It is my understanding the package contained several books about snakes, lizards, and turtles, and it was addressed to Laura Mansfield, 74 Michigan St., Indian Orchard, MA 01151. According to our records, it was mailed Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation number 0309 1830 0001 4875 9936. Our records also show that the package weighed 12 pounds and 8 ounces and was mailed from the Apache Junction, AZ Post Office on 8/6/10. It is my understanding the recipient informed you that when the package arrived, it contained coffee and a pair of pants instead of the books.

When the contents of a package come loose in mail processing, Postal employees place the contents back in the package, tape it, and place it back in the mailstream. Unfortunately, it appears that this particular package was re-wrapped with the wrong contents. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience this matter has caused you.

Nancy Durband
Consumer Affairs
(602) 223-3223

Old 08-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #25
chewiegeckos
I am confused aren't these the same books that we were trying to sell on Pangea that you got from craigslist?
My sister works for a library in a little town so I send/donate used books to her branch all the time. With the LOW cost of insurance it makes no sense to not put it on automatically.
Also while it may be cheap to feed these reptiles what about an emergency vet bill?
Coming to the boi on this was jumping the gun BIG TIME!

Old 08-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #26
bobtard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegeckos View Post
Also while it may be cheap to feed these reptiles what about an emergency vet bill?
I'm sorry, but I really don't see how this is relevant to the topic of this thread; a USPS shipping error.

Quote:
Coming to the boi on this was jumping the gun BIG TIME!
No, it really wasn't, she posted an inquiry stating what happened, and asking if anyone has done business with Laura.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #27
Julee and Embyr
I agree with Rick.

On another note, stuff comes up sometimes. Just because money was tight at that point in time doesn't mean she doesn't have the money to care for her animals. I feel that was uncalled for.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #28
chewiegeckos
Isn't it nice that ALL people can have their own opinions.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #29
xPantherx
Quote:
My sister works for a library in a little town so I send/donate used books to her branch all the time. With the LOW cost of insurance it makes no sense to not put it on automatically.
Not all people automatically insure their packages. Sometimes, shipping non-live animals, I really just forget to. Call it human error, whatever, I just think it doesn't make much sense to blame anyone but USPS in this circumstance.

Quote:
I am confused aren't these the same books that we were trying to sell on Pangea that you got from craigslist?
I also think that it would be beneficial to keep mudslinging in this thread to it's very minimum. It seems to me like they're working through this together.
The origin of these books seems to me at least to be irrelevant to the rest of this.

Kai

Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #30
xPantherx
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPantherx View Post
Not all people automatically insure their packages. Sometimes, shipping non-live animals, I really just forget to.
Kai
*Edit - when I'm shipping hard goods or plants. I don't ship dead animals around.

Kai

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!