Lovell Romans @ Precision Caging defrauded me! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:38 AM   #21
Chameleon Company
"The benefit of the doubt" is certainly shrinking to a microscopic size, and I believe that those who spoke well of Lovell were doing so as an invitation for him to get a handle on this before it did any further damage to his business or reputation. Day, I did not re-read all the posts to see if you had already done this, or the suggestion made, but another small arrow in yor quiver would be to file a complaint with Kingsnake. They have policies governing such, although I believe there's a threshold of number-of-complaints before they ban someone, but its a start, and maybe it can at least compel Lovell to communicate with you and find a solution. Check their TOS and/or compalint policy, and I think you'll find a course of action to follow there. In the meantime, it doesn't matter what Lovell's position is at this point ... we don't know anyway. Whether it be financial woes, disagreement with the terms of your order, illness, etc, he has an absolute obligaton to communicate with you, as he has had, and if he finds no satisfaction in private, he can always avail himself of this forum, as he has in the past.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #22
Junkyard
After having spoken well of Lovell, I now am starting to think otherwise. I feel betrayed, to have him ignoring a business deal and advertising for more business. Here is his contact info:

www.precisioncaging.com

e-mails:
info@precisioncaging.com
lromans@worldnet.att.net

phone
(614)268-4320

Old 12-06-2005, 12:44 PM   #23
Laura Fopiano
This whole scenario stinks to high heaven!! No body should have to wait 5 months for their product. Day I do hope that you get this resolved, I just don't understand some sellers!

Old 12-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #24
SPJ
I am having a flashback to the ordeal I went thru to get the neodesha cages I ordered from the crook Jeremy Bednarsh when he and his dad took over that company.

It is ridiculous that new ads can be posted and this thread can be viewed and yet no resolution is offered.

I have ordered cages from Lovell in the past but this is making me think I need to find another cage company to go with the next time I need a smaller cage.

Lovell needs to do something about this. His business is getting a black eye and with the amount of competition (Barrs for one), something like this can destroy your business.

The lack of action from Lovell makes it appear that another good guy has gone bad. Disturbing trend lately.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #25
repfriend
any more news?

Wow, this is just un-believable.

So this "business man" continues putting ads up, taking peoples money, yet completely dis-regards the fact that the took thousands of dollars from someone months ago and hasn't delivered squat yet? Aside from 2 broken cages...

He comes on here and reads the thread, yet has ZIP to say ???

REALLY nice, it is called THEFT and SCAMMING. Hope the Buyer will gather evidence and give the sellers local authorities a call as well as go to the internet Fraud department. Also let Kingsnake.com know.

I hope many, many people will read/know about this, as it is un-believable someone like this should be allowed to go on, after what he did. To bad Kingsnake.com doesn't allow people to get warned...but, word gets around, always does.

It would be one thing if that seller would explain THEIR side, after all, he knows about the thread he even read it. But this silence says it all...

Here's one for you, Precision dunk >>

Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #26
SPJ
I guess this is another person to add to the list of people to not buy from.
This is not right.
Reading the thread, posting ads, but making no effort to clear this up.
Here is an ad posted today on KS so he has access to a computer (just doesn't want to use it to explain this I guess)

Old 12-08-2005, 07:36 PM   #27
nicolai
I noticed that he says "Unmatched Guarantee" on the home page of his site but no where on his site does he state what exactly the guarantee is.Is there a guaranteed delivery time, I would think that he should have listed his maximum delivery time but he didnt do that either.
I for one am glad i read this thread, i was actually thinking of getting a few of the arboreal cages for my crested geckos, i guess i will pass on those, 5 months is too long for me to wait as well!!!

Old 12-09-2005, 11:12 AM   #28
Junkyard
As you can see there is an "Unmatched Guarantee". His new policy seems to be ignore all customers after you take their money. It is stated as "We will keep great contact with you until we receive your money, after which you will be shipped 1/4th your order of less-than-quality cages, we also will keep your money and you will never hear from us again"

Lesson learned here, Lovell is not the person he portrays himself as being.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:15 PM   #29
repfriend
looks like..

he is probably just waiting for the thread to slowly roll down the page and disappear.

He probably spent every last cent he got from his customer and rather risks the black eye here on Fauna, then having to come up with the money or the cages (which cost him time and material)

Shame that he can't be stopped from advertising !!

Any update from the original poster? What have you done/are doing about this situation ??

Hopefully word about this will go around, quickly and thoroughly.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #30
SPJ
I never would have thought he would do something like this.
Like I said before, I have bought cages from him and was happy and didn't think twice about sending the payment.
After this though, I have changed my mind and would not deal with him again or recommend him.

Unless there is a legitimate reason for this situation, it appears that Precision Cages is not worth doing business with any more.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!