Bad Guy do NOT trade/buy from DAMIAN WALEGA IL - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #21
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
1. would I have been happy with the snakes I got If they were in perfect health when I got them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
If they were perfectly healthy and as described when he got them and was not happy with the trade, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on if he had any complaints.

I agree with you on not taking his two females back if that were to be an option. Best bet is to seek compensation for the vet bills and make others aware of this negative transaction.
What I meant was: if Andrew likes these snakes and wanted these snakes in the first place then seeking vet bill reimbursement is probably the best and safest approach at this point.

sorry if I was not clear; typing fast in between work stuff

Old 01-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #22
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damianwalega View Post
First to start of I have sent him breeder animals accept the BEL which is a hatchling. Feeding live rats from time to time a snake coils around its prey, and you cannot notice a bite. This was a minor bite which I did not think it would be a big deal. The bel's under lip I did not notice when the animal was sent out. The rash on the face of the Albino is a shipping rash that occurs when a animal wonders in its bag during shipping. The Phantom that I have received from Andrew has a bite mark which was healed. I offered to send replacements but by the time he agreed on it, it was to cold to ship (Not risking it). I have offered to pay for the VET bill, but I left on vacation. Upon arrival I was waiting to get paid. I would still like to pay for his vet bill only if he agrees on resolving the matter.
The animal's size is irrelevant if they are injured.
It is YOUR responsibility to breifly examine a snake before you send it out if you stand behind your animals, and that BEL's injury was pretty obvious.
I have never seen a "shipping rash" in my life.
According to the other thread about this, ( http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=445741 ) you dragged your feet about getting pics of potential replacements sent to Andrew, then said it was to cold to ship.
If the phantom he sent you had a healed bite mark (and you are bringing this up now as a negative on his animals) why did you neglect to mention that to him when you received it?

Now for the million dollar question: Why do you think it is OK to skip quarantine?

You should pay his vet bills at the least, maybe compensate him in some way for some of the time he has spent going to the vet.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #23
Damianwalega
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 28H86286GT541633B)
Jan 23, 2014 Payment To michelle cutler Completed ... -$196.75 USD

I apologize.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #24
DavidBeard
That "shipping rash" stuff is complete and utter nonsense. We all know better around here, Damian.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #25
andrew_snake_sale
just so u all know this was DAMIAN WALEGAS comment on my fb boi post in dec 18

Damian Walega
"First of all the phantom female that you have sent me has visible scarring from the past due to rat bites.(this was disclosed to him before the trade it was an old injury from the previous owners) I do monitor my snakes as I feed mainly live. From time to time the snake coils up on its prey, and I'am unable to see if any biting is occurring. Also I don't let a rat in prior to stunning. As far as the deal goes it was a albino breeder male from the picture it did not have a rash on its nose, most likely due to shipping. Snakes tend to rub their noses inside the cloth bag. The small scratch on the albino I did not see if being a issue, for it being a albino any small scratch is visible, scratch was not due to a bite but it being clawed. The Blue Eyed Lucy I had no idea that it had a bite under its head. (it was an abscess and was very visible) I offered to pay for Andrews Vet bill which to this day he won't provide me a bill. (he had the bills) I can assure that he went overboard as far as stating that he had mouth rot, and a RI. (on this post you will see the vet notes) When I started off in this hobby I purchased animals from a breeder that caused all of my animals to die. (then one would think that he would quarantine right?)Since then I'am very anal as far as monitoring temperatures, humidity, and overall a clean cage. I think it was taken to a over extent as far as having to go on forums to clean this mess up which I think to this day wasn't a big deal. (seams like nothing is a big deal to DAMIAN WALEGA) Clean cage, some rubbing alcohol towels, and it would heal. I still want to pay for the vet, but only if he provides me a paypal account. (he said he was going to mail us a cashiers check) (but that night i gave him the bills again and the paypal account)I have traded him a albino breeder male, 2013 BEL, Albino Breeder Female, Het Pied Breeder Female, and a Male Breeder Champagne for a Pewter, and Phantom Breeder. I did not pressure him into trading with me which he has gained consent from his mom. (the deal was for healthy animals) All of those snakes have eaten prior to being sent out. I explained to him that I fed live, and it will take some time for them to start taking Frozen Thawed. (Sorry for the cell phone reply, I'am constantly working)"

someone on that post asked to see a pic of the inside of the albinos mouth and DAMIAN WALEGA commented "and dont sprinkle cinnimon powder in his mouth either"

AND as to what damian wrote here " I have offered to pay for the VET bill, but I left on vacation. Upon arrival I was waiting to get paid. I would still like to pay for his vet bill only if he agrees on resolving the matter."

he had that backwards *see screen shots* he said tomorrow" then waiting on a check to clear" THEN "when i get back from vacation" then " tomorrow" and he did not pay then

Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #26
andrew_snake_sale
mertz is great we saw the other doc there though he is just as good...

Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #27
mechnut450
in several years I have received and shipped snakes I never hear or seen the rash happen. heck I had a snake in a bag for 3 days due to being a rescue and had not finished the cage ( due to the rain ) It never had a rash. I had more issues with mites than I had with injuries in snakes.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #28
andrew_snake_sale
resolution

j_dunlavy... ""If I were in your shoes, I would be satisfied with getting the vet bills covered by him (and I doubt he will do that given his attitude).
Honestly I would be afraid to trade back the snakes because of his lack of quarantine; who knows what may have made it's way into his collection since the trade.""

i am sorry if i am repeating myself but i previously posted that there is a HUGE concern getting any snake/snakes back from DAMIAN WALEGA due to his poor husbandary issues.
any snake/snakes we would get back from DAMIAN WALEGA would go imediately to our vet (at our expence of course) AND be put into quarantine like his 5 are now.... on dec 6 we asked him to ship our 2 girls back and we would ship his 5 back...he said no (because he was breeding them)... he can NOT be trusted and one of the snakes he gave us in the trade is a 100% het pied ( probably just a normal)

he did put $196.75 into my moms account at
Date: Jan 23, 2014
Time: 16:37:27 PST
after the fb boi post and notifying him of this one at 4:22 pm

i guess i am lucky that i even got that.... but the snakes need a recheck this week. he is and has been aware of this... he should pay for that too..
we are kindof attached to the little bell probably because we have had to give injections and special care to him
he had a rorugh start and refused to eat but im proud to say that he has gained 105gs since we have had him he is at 243gs. god only knows where he would be now if he was with damian.... (because he didnt think it was a big deal and the vet visit was not nessasary) the surjury and every 3 days of injectable antibiotics definately helped him

please dont judge me for saying this but had damian handled things differently and in a professional manner he should have sent our 2 girls back to us (which in a way i still want him to do.) because imo he reneged on the deal by being dishonest and by failing to disclose these injuries. if he had i would NEVER HAD AGREED TO THIS DEAL..

and again i feel like he should be acountable.
i doubt he will reinburse us for the recheck and honestly i do not want to keep dealing with this type of person but i am going to ask damian are you willing to send our 2 girls back and we will send your 5 back. (and you can take the bel for a recheck, that you say is not nessasary) we will pay one way to ship and we will pay to have our girls vet checked and quarantine them to make sure they are ok?????
this is what i feel will make this right (even though it took us this long and we had to go through so much to even get you to pay for the 2 current vet bills secause of your neglagance!!!!!!!!!!

acording to him "im getting such a bad ass deal" (before we got the snakes...
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #29
andrew_snake_sale
and now this

Payment Received (Unique Transaction ID # 57N74228RP621114H)

Sent by:
dorota walega (The sender of this payment is Verified)
Buyer email:
dj2kewl4upl@netscape.net
Payment sent to:

michelleac@aol.com
Amount received:
$196.75 USD
Fee amount:
-$6.01 USD

Net amount:
$190.74 USD

Old 01-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #30
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_snake_sale View Post
and now this

Payment Received (Unique Transaction ID # 57N74228RP621114H)

Sent by:
dorota walega (The sender of this payment is Verified)
Buyer email:
dj2kewl4upl@netscape.net
Payment sent to:

michelleac@aol.com
Amount received:
$196.75 USD
Fee amount:
-$6.01 USD

Net amount:
$190.74 USD
What about it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python trade, boi, injury