Bad Guy Chris McVicar and Randy from New Shed Serpents in OKC, OK - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #21
Twizted Paths
If she wanted a refund she should have returned the snakes. IMO, the most she should be able to ask for is a partial refund for the one who died.

I honestly don't see why any seller should pay any buyer to keep snakes, that just doesn't make sense.

On a side note, I'd be looking for a new herp vet.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #22
Randall Turner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
I 2nd that.

over treating can be as harmful with herps as doing nothing. Some people don't seem to understand that though.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #23
garweft
Quote:
I was thinking that too.

There are a lot of things that seem off in reguards to the whole thing. Which is why I'd like to see something like pictures or vet records to help clear things up.

Why would you take all your new snakes (even captive bred) to a vet to get them pumped full of toxins/medicine because they "might" have worms? Isn't that what fecal exams are for?

Old 12-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #24
TKR Reptiles
i couldn't agree more, and i don't feel the breeder should have to pay for the mistakes of a inexperienced vet... if the snakes were that sick they should have been returned at the first sign of trouble for either a replacement, or refund... not taken to the vet multiple times, and given what seems to be unneeded treatment or care then expect the breeder to take the hit for the vets mistakes... .02

Old 12-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #25
TKR Reptiles
plus you can't assume that since the animal didn't make it with her that it wouldn't make it with Chris and Randy... I seriously doubt they would have been as careless as the vet was...

Old 12-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #26
kellymack515
I just wanted to let everyone know that Chris and I have been talking and are working things out. I also wanted to clarify a few things. Chris and Randy are both good guys. I have nothing against them as people, breeders, or snake owners. This was just a situation in which he and I both felt that we were getting screwed by the other. We were both frustrated and communication fell apart on both sides. We're working this out and there is zero bad blood between us.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #27
Randall Turner
Glad to hear it, I couldn't imagine Chris and Randy not wanting to make things right.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #28
bradleymoore
Quote:
If she wanted a refund she should have returned the snakes. IMO, the most she should be able to ask for is a partial refund for the one who died.

I honestly don't see why any seller should pay any buyer to keep snakes, that just doesn't make sense.
agreed. i wouldn't be paying back the full amount... unless i received the snakes that are alive, back. at most, i'd pay half only because one of them died. for a full refund... i'd at least ask that the anery is returned. what's the problem with returning both of the live ones anyways? as long as the seller agrees to pay for shipping back, it's not like you're going to be out any money because you're getting back exactly what you had before you received any of them.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #29
bradleymoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleymoore View Post
agreed. i wouldn't be paying back the full amount... unless i received the snakes that are alive, back. at most, i'd pay half only because one of them died. for a full refund... i'd at least ask that the anery is returned. what's the problem with returning both of the live ones anyways? as long as the seller agrees to pay for shipping back, it's not like you're going to be out any money because you're getting back exactly what you had before you received any of them.
i hit post before i proof read this. aside from vet fees as well.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #30
SnakeEyesExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkvicka View Post
Okay guys, here's the thing. Kelly bought a misrepresented animal. It was clearly a mistake, but it was infact misrepresented. At that point, New Shed could have asked for the return of the animal for a full refund. Instead, they offered her the two new snakes as COMPENSATION of the mistake on their part. Basically, it was return the snake for $200, or take $200 worth of animals... virtually making the Nic a "free" snake (so to speak). At this point, the Nic should be off the virtual table, all issues regarding that misrepresentation have been dealt with, and even in a manner that Kelly saw fit (i.e. she accepted the 2 new snakes). So, assuming these two new snakes were what Kelly had "bought" with the $200, I believe she is entitled to a refund of the cost of the DH that died or vet bills adding up to $100. As far as the anery goes, I know she has doubts that it will make as well. Anyone attempting to fault her for giving such copious amounts of veterinary care need to reevaulate why they are in this hobby. I am someone who gets very attached to my animals as well, and when I've had issues in the past, the idea of shipping said animal back to the place where it got so bad isn't an option. I do believe that Kelly should get to keep her misrepresented animal, which at this point was "given" to her per the "settlement" as well as the anery... now, refunds for the DH should also be given, and potentially for the anery as well. Returning this snake to the breeder will do no one any good, as if it cannot survive with the care that Kelly is giving it, it won't survive. I don't think she meant to imply that New Shed is this horrible, mass producing, flipping, blah blah blah.... just that they attempted to right a wrong with another wrong... and what's that saying we all love??
I really think that Kelly needs to be on here stating this, not you. It seems like you are doing a lot of the talking for her. Chris and Randy never suggested that she go to the vet, that is a decision that she made on her own, so IMO she is responsible for any and all of those fees. I feel that she should get a partial refund for the DH ghost, though.

I already stated that I did not blame her for taking the DH to the vet as she felt it was the right thing to do at the time. I simply stated that I felt the vet visits were taken overboard and it put a lot of unneeded stress on the boa, eventually contributing to its death.

I am in this hobby because I love my snakes, but sometimes you can only do so much to save one, and I definitely believe you can overdo it. Don't judge me for my beliefs by stating that I need to reevaluate why I'm in this hobby, maybe you need to broaden your perspectives.

Anya H.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!