Incubators... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-13-2005, 08:40 PM   #21
montezuma
Not to mention the disinformation! Please take all of that to another forum, preferably your own.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:14 PM   #22
KelliH
Yes, it is true. I had a female that had laid eggs two years in a row, a proven breeder, that developed small hemipenes and preanal pores the next season.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:02 PM   #23
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiteLeo
Not as gay as trying to breed with other males, but gay enough never to try it on a female. They would just be as calm as females are. You know how males have bad tempers over females tempers.
Enough of this garbage. Please.

The effect of incubation temperatures on sex ratio, fertility, and sexual aggressiveness in leopard geckos has been well studied. I don't believe the term 'gay' appeared once.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #24
surfrkidts
i'm sorry if my post above were overly sarcastic for anyone. They were not intended to be mean towards gays or anyone else. I just wanted to announce my disbeleif in gay geckos but used the wrong tone of voice. Again, i am sorry for anyone whom i have offended

Old 03-13-2005, 11:08 PM   #25
Sunset Gecko
In regards to the incubation, I wouldn't recommend going any higher than 89 degrees or it might cause heat-stress.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:24 PM   #26
E. g. guttata
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrkidts
gay geckos would be intresting. not very good for breeding, but still intresting. would they be sold as homo?
sold as homo?? I think we talked about this in the cornsnake chatrom one night. Not reguarding lizzards of any type, but corns.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:34 PM   #27
Willis Wildlife Enterprises
I believe it originated with my senile butter, but drifted into sexual orientation. It ended with a bisexual male siring offspring that were then considered het for homo.

Or it was different discussion entirely.

All I can say, after being referred to this thread for a good laugh (which I got), is that I'm glad I don't breed geckos...some (and I definately DO NOT mean ALL) gecko breeders seem to wear their britches too tight.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:12 AM   #28
aliceinwl
I've got a "she-male" too. After 6+ years of laying fertile eggs, "she" grew hemipenes, started fighting with the guys, and breeding with the girls. Unfortunatly, she's now a lefty after losing a prolapsed hemipene. She never developed pores, and all the eggs she's sired have been infertile. Here're some pics I put together awhile ago. She still had both hemipenes when these were taken.

On topic, what would be the best cheap, silent thermostat to use to regulate a hovabator? I've got helix's for my racks and I love them, but I really don't want to spend another couple hundred on thermostats.

-Alice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sexing.psd.jpg (93.0 KB, 42 views)

Old 03-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #29
WiteLeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinwl
I've got a "she-male" too. After 6+ years of laying fertile eggs, "she" grew hemipenes, started fighting with the guys, and breeding with the girls. Unfortunatly, she's now a lefty after losing a prolapsed hemipene. She never developed pores, and all the eggs she's sired have been infertile. Here're some pics I put together awhile ago. She still had both hemipenes when these were taken.

On topic, what would be the best cheap, silent thermostat to use to regulate a hovabator? I've got helix's for my racks and I love them, but I really don't want to spend another couple hundred on thermostats.

-Alice
Wow. Thats prity, cool. Why many people may believe other wise, I think that homosexualism is a genetic mutation. Meaning that the creature doesn't have any choice in the matter, its just a natural fealing.

Not trying to offend anyone here, but in my step family...I have a homosexual Uncle, cousin, and brother. That is all in one step family(not my family). So I think that it is a gene that passes through generation.

Again, this is not a gay bashing post, it is mearly an idea.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:49 AM   #30
raiquee
I boot for Marcia, if you can't speak maturely about this matter, than don't breed geckos, because you probably couldn't get through a season professionally.

I have heard this mentioned, hot females and cold males but i never thought it was true.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!