Blood Python Question - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #21
LunaLupus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodPython81 View Post
I'm sure once she settles in and gets fully used to her enviornment she will be just fine, and she will take a meal as well. Some of them take more time than others....
Thanks! I'm hoping so. She seems to be the "sensitive" type, so we're adjusting. Thankfully she hasn't lost much if any weight yet. Just a few grams.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #22
curtusforum.org
Yeah, they really do have their own individual personalities! In my collection there are certain things I can and cannot do with certain animals. (All breits, brongs, and curtus') It's almost like you have to adjust to them as well. She's a beauty though. You'll love watching her get better and brighter with every shed!

Old 10-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #23
LunaLupus
Thanks! She's actually my husband's snake, but guess who's doing all the work? lol I fell for the Black Bloods at Tinley last week, but I want to wait until we get this girl established and thriving.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #24
curtusforum.org
Yeah the Curtus' are such sweethearts. Such nice temperments. Very very easy to work with. They're the most easygoing out of all the blood/short tails in my opinion! Well that's great that you are putting in all the effort!!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #25
LunaLupus
Quote:
Yeah the Curtus' are such sweethearts. Such nice temperments. Very very easy to work with. They're the most easygoing out of all the blood/short tails in my opinion! Well that's great that you are putting in all the effort!!
I'm trying, but I have never met an animal that didn't want to eat as much as this girl!

Anyone have any other tips, suggestions, comments? I don't know what else to try.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #26
curtusforum.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaLupus View Post
I'm trying, but I have never met an animal that didn't want to eat as much as this girl!

Anyone have any other tips, suggestions, comments? I don't know what else to try.
Well, usually once I try all techniques, if all else fails, if it's a matter of her losing weight from refusing feed, I would try a small live hopper. Supervised of course. I've had to use this as a last resort before, and it worked, and I was able to then get the animal switched over to f/t once it put some weight on and built it's confidence back up. Have you tried a hopper yet?

Old 10-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #27
LunaLupus
Quote:
Well, usually once I try all techniques, if all else fails, if it's a matter of her losing weight from refusing feed, I would try a small live hopper. Supervised of course. I've had to use this as a last resort before, and it worked, and I was able to then get the animal switched over to f/t once it put some weight on and built it's confidence back up. Have you tried a hopper yet?
We have tried a hopper, I even tried a live rat pup (less than two hours old) since she had eaten a f/t rat for me the first week. I weighed her this morning, so I'll be calling the vet and seeing what he thinks. I'm really hoping she's just stubborn and not hiding an illness.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #28
BMK.
rat pinky you mean??

do you have pitures we can see of your snake and set up?

Old 10-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #29
curtusforum.org
Does she feel like she may have a stuck urate maybe? Hmm. Yeah I'd love to see your set-up as well.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #30
curtusforum.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaLupus View Post
We have tried a hopper, I even tried a live rat pup (less than two hours old) since she had eaten a f/t rat for me the first week. I weighed her this morning, so I'll be calling the vet and seeing what he thinks. I'm really hoping she's just stubborn and not hiding an illness.
And how long exactly has she been with you? Since you moved her to the quieter location in your house, have you been leaving her be completely? I know it's hard to resist sometimes, but leaving them alone and not fooling with them or anything in their enclosure is nessecary at times for a duration when they are under stress and trying to acclimate.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!