Has any one done bussiness w/ Bob Sloan - Del Rio,Tx. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #21
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Northrop
The Tactic is like a Pushy Car salesman.......Thats why you Refuse the
Shipment......You didn't authorize the shipment?........If you think for moment
.....Bobby boy will refuse his ($50 Bucks in the Box)......HaHa Nice try....

Steer Clear of this Queer(Not being used as a gay slur either)....HaHa...

So you think snake be at risk ?
Because if I refuse that box, thats as good as killing myself.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #22
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
First of all he sent the snake w/o confirming shipping with me.
He was supposed get a confirmation from me before shipping, to make sure I would be available to receive delivery.
He sent me an email last night letting me know he shipped the snake and gave me a tracking number. And also informed me he shipped it C.O.D. , if he emailed before shipping letting me know how it was being shipping I would not have agreed to it.

And how do figure I am stealing from him?
I never said anywhere that he couldn't have the animal back , but the cost of him getting it back will not be at my expense.
Could you post the entire set of emails, from initial contact to the last one sent, from both sides?

Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #23
Ed Clark
I agree with this post some what, how did it come to the point of Bob shipping you that snake? I would think a deal would have been made for him to ship that snake to you. you certainly cant back out of a deal with the snake in transit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Lemme see if I got this straight here...

You agreed to a deal, either not knowing or not caring who he was and what his reputation is.

He sends the snake.

While the snake is in transit, you decide you don't want to complete the transaction.

You've now issued him a set of ultimatums about how the snake that was sent is going to be dealt with, giving him a number of options, all of which end up costing him extra expenses or losing him the animal.

He may be a scumbag, but you're proposing to steal from him. And that's not okay, even if your victim is a bad guy.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #24
homegrownherps
Let me say this;

The deal we was going well up until the point he sent me an email with a tracking number and TELLING me he shipped it out C.O.D
If he emailed prior to shipping it and then told me he was hipping it C.O.D , I would not have accepted it.

He contacted for this trade, its my terms or no deal.
I been been ripped off before in situations like this, that the way it is.

I don't know ANY Breeder/Dealer that will ship out live animals w/o first getting a confirmation.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #25
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Could you post the entire set of emails, from initial contact to the last one sent, from both sides?

I dont know how to go about posting all those emails.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #26
Keith Northrop
What form of Shipping is being used?

Call ASAP.....Which ever shipping method.....Demand said Tracking # be sent back Now!!!!!!!It will be on its way back to Bobby Boy...5 min ago....Or as Humanly possible.....Tell them your side of the story........Good Luck

If properly packed the Snake in all likelyhood will make the return Trip better without you touching said box....Later

Old 07-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #27
Kingetula
Quote:
NO

First of all he sent the snake w/o confirming shipping with me.
He was supposed get a confirmation from me before shipping, to make sure I would be available to receive delivery.
He sent me an email last night letting me know he shipped the snake and gave me a tracking number. And also informed me he shipped it C.O.D. , if he emailed before shipping letting me know how it was being shipping I would not have agreed to it.

And how do figure I am stealing from him?
I never said anywhere that he couldn't have the animal back , but the cost of him getting it back will not be at my expense.
The only reason he needed your confirmation was to make sure you were available and I am guessing you didn't want to do it COD. Because of those reasons you now don't want the snake? Now that you got the snake it still bugs you enough that you want to send it back because it was shipped COD and he didn't contact you first to make sure you were available? If you were out of town or whatever it would have been his fault but you got the snake man, it's what you wanted but it didn't go exactly the way you wanted so you don't want it now? You wanted the snake, you got the snake but because the arrangements were not to your liking you don't want the snake now that you got it?

Sure he was wrong for shipping it without knowing if you would be available and making you pay COD but in the end you got it. OK we learn from our mistakes but now you want him to take it back because you had to pay COD and he didn't check first if you would be home to accept delivery? It could have turned out bad for him but it didn't. Stick with your deal and don't mess with him again.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #28
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingetula
The only reason he needed your confirmation was to make sure you were available and I am guessing you didn't want to do it COD. Because of those reasons you now don't want the snake? Now that you got the snake it still bugs you enough that you want to send it back because it was shipped COD and he didn't contact you first to make sure you were available? If you were out of town or whatever it would have been his fault but you got the snake man, it's what you wanted but it didn't go exactly the way you wanted so you don't want it now? You wanted the snake, you got the snake but because the arrangements were not to your liking you don't want the snake now that you got it?

Sure he was wrong for shipping it without knowing if you would be available and making you pay COD but in the end you got it. OK we learn from our mistakes but now you want him to take it back because you had to pay COD and he didn't check first if you would be home to accept delivery? It could have turned out bad for him but it didn't. Stick with your deal and don't mess with him again.

As I already stated , if he told me he was going to send it C.O.D. , I would have told him forget it.

I don't want the snake because I don't want to deal with. When I emailed about why he shipped w/o confirming and C.O.D. he got abusive and made threats to me, my family , threatened to burn down my house etc etc.
Theres no way anyone can justify me having to do bussines with him at ALL.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #29
WebSlave
Quote:
A simple cut and paste of each email in chronological order, will do it.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #30
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Quote:
A simple cut and paste of each email in chronological order, will do it.
It'd definitely provide exactly what I'd be looking for.

I just want to know how Bob arrived at the conclusion that he should ship- something like "Yeah, it's a deal, here's the shipping address." or the abscence of anything remotely like confirmation. I'm want to know if you never made up your mind about the deal... or if you changed your mind about the deal. The wording of the emails would provide the information I'm interested in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!