Bad Guy Pet harbor in Boardman Ohio - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:58 PM   #21
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Funny, 'cause I'm making the very same call regarding just how much you and your little buddy truly care about anything other than simply latching on to any opportunity to go after Elexis. I guess some can only really hope to get the most low-hanging fruit. The stalking is getting old, though. And you two want to try to paint her as the main attention-whore. Go ahead and make this into the circus that your pal tends to crave; this'll be my sole contribution to it.

If you actually believe that, I think you've gone delusional. Been plenty of opportunities for this non-existent quest for clarity to manifest itself, yet Elexis creating a thread is what most consistently brings them out from under their rocks. Yeah, I think it's become more than clear that this is more about a fixation than any actual interest in objectivity.
Lol! You just did exactly what you are accusing him and his "little buddy" (whoever that is) of doing. Funny thing is, you're the only one who didn't address her post or the pet shop.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #22
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Lol! You just did exactly what you are accusing him and his "little buddy" (whoever that is) of doing. Funny thing is, you're the only one who didn't address her post or the pet shop.

Ummm Chris, I think my "little buddy" is you. Im fine with that as long as you dont call me "Skipper"

Old 10-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #23
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post
Ummm Chris, I think my "little buddy" is you. Im fine with that as long as you dont call me "Skipper"
I know who he was referring to. Nice to meet you ski...Bill. Nice to know I have buddies I've never met or talked to.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #24
AbsoluteApril
Let's try to keep this thread on topic this time? The topic is Pet Harbor. Thank you

Old 10-09-2016, 03:21 PM   #25
BillZ
As I said, I notified the store so they will be waiting to offer Ms Craig the attention she so deserves. I like to think that I have helped in stopping a real diarrhea problem.......

Old 10-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #26
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
This store has always been disgusting to me, dogs in cages with nothing but wire under their paws and usually have to make a scene for them to clean up diarrhea in the cages with 5 dogs.
According to the USDA, the wiring under their paws is standard care provided that the feet of the puppy/dog cannot fall through and get caught.
Additionally the mesh allows fecal material and urine to pass through and keeps the dog/puppy from having to lie in their waste until it gets cleaned.
Maybe this will help you to understand that what you don't like is not only legal so it really doesn't rise to the level of abuse that you are alleging (as abuse as is by definition illegal). This may help to educate you as to potential violations https://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_we...016-Slides.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Small dogs and big dogs crammed in tiny cages with nothing but wire under their feet (like always) most had diarrhea and some was flat out plain liquid.
You do realize that diarrhea in and of itself doesn't necessarily mean that the puppies are ill as it could also easily be due to changing from the food which the dogs were accustomed or even to excitement.

An example of the literature around this
http://www.jarvm.com/articles/Vol9Iss3/Wakshlag.pdf

Wakshlag, Joseph J., et al. "Negative Fecal Characteristics Are Associated with pH and Fecal Flora Alterations During Dietary Change in Dog." International Journal of Applied Research inVeterinary Medicine 9.3 (2011): 278.

Based on the limited evidence presented I fail to see where the care of the dogs/puppies meets the bar to establish abuse/poor care. Now before you attempt to then paint me as pro-puppy mill etc I'm going to point out that I have evaluated your claims against that of the established standards and you have failed to establish your case as anything other than you disagree with it (particularly with the inclusion of excessive hyperbole).

some comments

Ed

Old 10-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #27
Chris Kennard
Nicely put, and thank you. I did not see any deplorable conditions in those photos. I certainly didn't see sick animals. Some need a little work, I agree. From what I saw, this thread reflects what everyone here is far from oblivious to. It's hard to decipher between a poster's boredom or passion. The photos certainly didn't support the allegations, in my opinion, but I dodn't rule out the veracity of those allegations. Until two people muddied the water. In any case, I'd love to here from the person who Elexis confronted at the pet shop. I doubt I'd be suprised.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #28
JayBoa1372
I do notice the water bowl the dragon is physically in has some green on it, but it looks like they have hard water and have hard water stains in the bowls. I used to work at a pet store and if the water was not treated, it left awful stains in the rock/ceramic bowls. The other green in the dragons alternate bowl looks like salad pieces.

Also, as most of us know, any snake can have a bad shed. It could be very much related to being housed in an aquarium instead of a pvc cage or any other reptile caging. But at the same time, who is to say that the ball wasn't going through a bad shed before they bought it, or had a bad shed as a result of the previous owners care (especially seeing as they did just get the snake)? I do not really see anything that appears to be abuse in terms of the reptiles.

The dogs do not look malnourished or anything of that nature, but there are also limited pictures; as well as the lack of pictures referring to the diarrhea. The most important evidence of your claims is missing, which would have been the nasty diarrhea.

There are ways to prevent business to such places, and that's to not purchase from there. Buying rodents does nothing but help them. Order online, or look for an alternate source.

Long story short, I think it would be wise to just post more evidence if you're going to make such a bold claim.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:55 PM   #29
BillZ
"Also I didn't get close enough to take the photos in side the cages, was trying to not be obvious. But if it will make y'all feel better we can go back today and take the photos"

Says the person that took these close ups ...lol. Because you know, I bet no one ever goes into a puppy store and takes close ups of the puppies.. Oh there's a lot of sh!t being displayed here but none of it appears to be in the dog pens.

You are going to take close ups of the water bowls but not a single example of the pens that "most" have diarrhea in them. I'm calling Bullshit on that.

Im also just going to go ahead and call bullshit that these dogs stay in the show pens 24/7.

If there even is a color to the water, perhaps it's an additive.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2016, 09:56 PM   #30
BillZ
Don't wanna get too close....
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!