Bad Guy Underground Reptiles, not so good - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
ronritzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
I'm a bit confused Ronald. First I profusely apologized that one of our newer employees incorrectly packed one frog. The other frog you said appeared to have fallen over during transit, which I also apologized for because measure should have been taken to avoid such an occurrence. I, in no way stated that you had to pay for shipping a second time but I asked that we replace it on your next order of animals. As is customary we would pay for shipping the addition of other animals can be beneficial for the both of us since you get free shipping and we don't lose as much money. You then simply asked for a refund which we were fine with. Then a short time later you changed your mine again, which we were also fine with. Maybe I am mistaken but at which point did we become a bad guy and deserve two seperate negative threads. I attached the emails that came from Ronald.

Ryan Borkan

Ah hell nevermind, I've been lookin around on the website and mulling things over and I'll probably be ordering some crested geckos soon so we can just ship another Ornate with that order.
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: frog order, DOA ornate.

Hi, just talked on the phone. I actually don't really intend on ordering any more animals any time in the near future, is there a way you could credit the cost of the animal back to my checking account?
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:06 PM
Subject: frog order, DOA ornate.

Here are some pics of the DOA ornate. The one that didnt make it was the more "high red" individual. It was the first one i took out of the box, and it appeared its deli cup had turned sideways and it had become pinned underneath the wet moss. The African Bullfrog was also sideways and pinned underneath the moss in its deli cup, but is fine. Both of the other frogs appear fine.
Thanks,
Ronald Ritzer
I was unaware that this offer was being made concerning free shipping to replace the animal. If you are going to offer that, then I'll defiinately take you up on that.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
sauce88
i don't understand the bad guy label, if a mistake happened and the seller offered to make it right in 3 different ways to please the buyer, things just happen sometimes, but i think the fact the seller gave 3 different solutions to make the guy happy says something...
just my thoughts

Old 08-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
ronritzer
*agreed to have it replaced with my next order that is.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
ronritzer
What would you have done if the only options offered were credit on your next order, or another animal of the same on your next order? Because it didnt sound like "we will send you another animal free of charge" was an offer they were making.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronritzer View Post
What would you have done if the only options offered were credit on your next order, or another animal of the same on your next order? Because it didnt sound like "we will send you another animal free of charge" was an offer they were making.
Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
if he just wanted them to ship him another frog, he should have said so. If they declined, it would be easier to justify the bad guy tag.
If you had backed them into a corner and they actually refused you an immediate replacement at their cost, your position here would be much stronger. Agreeing with them and then coming here to complain was just not right.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
ronritzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Here:

If you had backed them into a corner and they actually refused you an immediate replacement at their cost, your position here would be much stronger. Agreeing with them and then coming here to complain was just not right.
Yeah, I didnt press them on it at all, nor did I want to. If they admitted that was there fault, replacing the animal should have been there first option offered. I dont really want to pay another shipping charge to get what I already paid for.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
Lucille
QUOTE=UndergroundReptiles;1491661] I, in no way stated that you had to pay for shipping a second time [/quote]

Old 08-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
I, in no way stated that you had to pay for shipping a second time
Missed the quote mark.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
cool cat
I ordered 4 Green Basilisk's from Underground reptiles a few months ago and will say i was COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THEIR SERVICE ....
There were no hidden price changes , the animals were in great shape and very good looking , they arrived on time , packaged very good and the guys i dealt with on the phone answered every question i had !!! I WOULD ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT !!!!Mike & Maria's River City Reptilia 412 508 7415

Old 08-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
ronritzer
My bad for posting this thread, I can't apologize to Underground Reptiles enough for how this may have affected their reputation as a dealer. I was unclear about what they were offering to fix the problem, and should have inquired further rather then simply get frustrated.