ScottsSerpents False advertisment.. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #21
Chameleon Company
Stephanie,
It doesn't have to be a "major" problem to post here. Good Guy posts are anything but a problem, and they are frequent ! But if it is an accusation which is negative in nature, in this case "false advertising", it is of enormous help to have evidence that a group of your peers could easily look at and conclude likewise. Without any further proof at this point, all we have seems to be one person's word against another. I admit that the reply to your email inquiry does not lend itself to Scott, as he provides no explanation to you of what would seem to be confusion over the price (ie.: "please note that there is a $50 shipping charge also mentioned in the ad", etc), and I would say to him as seller, that it is the "wrong answer" regardless of what the original version of the ad said. As I said earlier, an accusation in the BOI can expect to be challenged by the accused and some readers. There is no set level for the "seriousness of the charge", although some complaints are petty regardless of the facts. What is prudent is to be able to have made the effort to accumulate relevent evidence to support the allegation, and then to post it here. The current allegation would be more serious than the thread starter in my eyes, that being that an altered version of the original ad is being presented as the original. If true, it goes from being a typo or poor choice of ad presentation to a lack of integrity, maybe worse.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #22
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
skunklver18 You called me trying to low ball me the price is $150.00 + $50 Shipping as stated on the ad. I always list different prices on Fauna and KingSnake lots of my Fauna custermers are local. I always work out a deal with local people so I dont have to ship!

skunklver18 FYI you only post here if there is a major problem. Not because you tried lowballing me and did not get your way.
I also read that ad within moments of this thread being posted.
It said 150 shipped. Now you lack all credibility as someone to do business with.
Buyer Beware.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #23
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsSerpents
skunklver18 You called me trying to low ball me the price is $150.00 + $50 Shipping as stated on the ad. I always list different prices on Fauna and KingSnake lots of my Fauna custermers are local. I always work out a deal with local people so I dont have to ship!

skunklver18 FYI you only post here if there is a major problem. Not because you tried lowballing me and did not get your way.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #24
Dragondad
Belief

I did not see the ad in original form. However too may people are stating that they did see it for it not to have said 150 shipped. You need to stand by the ad as placed.

ScottsSerpents this is part of learning from mistakes, you will have to eat the costs of shipping here.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #25
Chameleon Company
Scott,
These are too many credible people, who are too otherwise disjunct from one another to be part of a conspiracy, all saying the same thing. You were adamant in the beginning about defending your ad. Now your integrity is in serious question. Care to enlighten all who read here ? Its your honor.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:49 PM   #26
Dennis Hultman
twh49801
Paid Participant
Trader Rating: (0)
Warning Level: 0
Name : timothy w. hurkmans
Quote:
stephanie searle...FALSE ACCUSER!

stephanie searle recently accused scotts serpents of advertsing on fauna for 7 ball pythons $150 shipped.in the ad it CLEARLY states the snakes are $150 and the shipping charges are $50.what don't you get stephanie?

your first post on the BOI and you lie to slam someone's reputation,sellers whould you want stephanie as your customer? SELLERS BEWARE!!!! TWH

Hey Timothy,

Why would you start a third party thread about Stephanie on the BOI?
Your post was false also. You posted that thread after Terry Scott also posted one. What's the story here guys? She was telling the truth.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #27
TripleMoonsExotic
I also saw the original ad at $150 Shipped. I could have taken a screen shot, but I hadn't thought the individual in question would edit the ad after being questioned on the BOI.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #28
Dennis Hultman
The funny thing is I didn’t think Stephanie had a good case for a BOI thread at first. Until, Terry tried a cover-up here and outright lied and changed his ad.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:10 AM   #29
romad119
Exactly. Almost like being called into the principal's office and you end up volunteering information.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #30
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
The funny thing is I didn’t think Stephanie had a good case for a BOI thread at first. Until, Terry tried a cover-up here and outright lied and changed his ad.
Yes same here Dennis. At first I was thinking "What the hell is this petty crap doing here"? Terry sure gave it all of the validity in the world all by himself.

The really sad part is the fact that instead of just admitting he worded his ad poorly and losing $50 bucks on a sale, he was more than willing to try and tarnish someone else to cover own mistake. Over $50. Pretty low in my opinion, Terry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!