I have Salmonella - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #21
~Just Curious~
Wow, that sounds awful! Still, I'm so relieved to hear that the c-diff antibiotics appear to be working and that the bleeding has stopped.
Hoping that your recovery continues and goes uphill as smoothly and swiftly as possible for you. Also that you're resting and staying comfortable. I'm glad to hear you have a good support system there who can help. Even if you don't need them to physically assist any, (Although please try not to push it if you're low on strength) good friends are invaluable in times of need.

You're in my thoughts Noelle, I'm wishing you the best of luck with this~

Old 08-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
AbsoluteApril
wow, so sorry you had to go through all of that, wishing you a speedy recover with the c-diff treatment. (I can't help but giggle at you wanting to offer people cantelope when they blame the critters)

Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #23
rcarichter
Thank you Autumn and April. Everyone thoughts are so appreciated! I refuse to be brought down by a tiny bug. It seems so incredible that something so small can do so much harm.

Noelle

Old 08-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #24
~Just Curious~
That's a good attitude, I'm glad! It can't be easy, but keep hanging in there and I'm sure you'll kick this~

Old 08-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #25
WebSlave
Man, sorry to hear about this. Hope you are getting better.

But I am curious about why the doctors who administered Cipro didn't make you aware of the drastic and potentially life threatening side effects you are now experiencing.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #26
rcarichter
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
But I am curious about why the doctors who administered Cipro didn't make you aware of the drastic and potentially life threatening side effects you are now experiencing.

Well, there it is. All they told me was that Cipro could possibly prolong my illness. They never told me how. Of course I said "let's hit it with both guns, I'll try anything.".
Until I was hospitalized for the bleeding, all phone calls were between physician's assistant and myself. I attribute it to my doctor being fairly young, and possibly never having dealt with parasites (and the fact that salmonella shouldn't really be treated unless there are other factors). Believe me, she knows now! The Infectious Disease doctor from the hospital made it very clear to her.

Noelle

Old 08-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #27
GMTIRRILL
sorry man, that sucks horribly i hope you get well soon. On the fact that i work in the food industry it saddens me to hear that you got salmonella from cantaloupe, and i hope you have full recovery.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #28
rcarichter
Thank you, and in retrospect, I should've stuck with the salmonella! And, of course, the cantaloupe was the CDC's best guess, given that I matched up with other cases.

Noelle

Old 08-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #29
Lucille
Just checking in to see how you are today.
There's a subdivision over at the lolcats site called the 'daily squee'. I thought this was the cutest squee they had, so I brought it here to cheer you up:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b00a3f04-4bdc-4732-9e32-4e012402cc7a.jpg (27.0 KB, 47 views)

Old 08-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #30
rcarichter
That is beyond cute! Thank you Lucille! Each day I get a bit better. I had blood tests yesterday, and the anemia is getting better. In 2 weeks, I get to have a colonoscopy to check the site of the bleeding. Can't wait!

Noelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!