Inquiry Any one know G.E. Crossley? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #21
Shadera
I never said they shouldn't, Mike. I've been around the block a couple times, that's common sense. What I said was what was needed before I would write him off. But by the same token, I don't think automatically assuming something nefarious is going on is the right thing to do, either.

I still don't see any 800 gram female vanillas for a hundred bucks a pop, as he was accused of. Other than those females, the other prices aren't that far off. Maybe he's just sick of looking at them and wants the project out? Or maybe he needs the quick cash for a payment on something? We don't know, so maybe we shouldn't assume?

And btw, ads on KS can expire without (again) having anything shady going on. Most people list them for a day or two and let them expire, so that they can relist them and they don't get buried too far back in the pile.

Give the guy a chance to explain what's going on.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #22
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
I briefly looked at the ad, and don't remember seeing anything that would constitute "fishy". Most items were on par with market pricing, and a couple were underpriced by a bit. Hardly screamed scammer. I didn't see specific weights on specific animals, just a weight range given in a paragraph that gave a general description of all the animals, what they were feeding on, etc. Not sure where the claims of big vanilla girls for a hundred bucks is coming from, I saw none of that.

I'd have to see way more red flags before I'd mark the guy down as someone to avoid.
Ohhhh! I want to buy from your market!

Old 09-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #23
Paige n' James
I saw the actual ads and yes, he was selling Female 600-800 gram vanillas for $150 each and some other prices that were equarally as good. If you check out the snake people site you will see the prices were pretty awesome.

I think Richard was asking if anyone knew of or had done business with him??

Anyone?

Old 09-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #24
reptilebaby
I'm getting a vanilla MALE for $150. but not from him. I know nothing about him at all.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #25
Crossley
OK, first of all, I'm amazed that I've generated this much attention. Let me say that I've been breeding ball pythons for about 6 years now. I used to have a partner who took care of the business end of things and I concentrated on the snakes. He died 4 years ago, and that threw me for a loss business-wise. For the past two years, I have wholesaled all my animals to Ben Siegel, so I haven't been advertising or shipping.

I've hatched over 125 babies this year (which I haven't even advertised yet) and I really need to move out the 2010s because the feeding bills are killing me. I realize that I priced most of my animals for hatchling prices, which are still much higher than I got when I wholesaled them. As far as the vanilla prices, I guess I underestimated their market value. There just didn't seem to be much of a demand for them so I priced them to move. I didn't want to advertise overinflated prices and then have people haggling over the cost. I wanted to sell and sell fast. As for my other prices, I believe they are all priced low, but certainly within the limits of normal market value.

As far as the ad being removed, it was a one day ad. Nothing fishy there.

For people claiming I didn't respond, I placed the ads Monday night. When I woke up Tuesday morning I had over 80 responses to the ads. I've been a public school teacher for over 30 years. I work a 10 hour job (regular school day and an after school program) with an hour commute each way. When I got home from work last night, I spent 5 hours responding to every email. By the time I hit the second half of the emails I had already had enough interest in the snakes that I was telling people they were sold, but I also kept their info and told them I would let them know if they became available again. I told people not to call until Thursday because I knew I would be busy with emails last night, and I have another engagement tonight.

Thanks to Jason Pratte for letting me know this thread was going on, and thanks to those of you for defending me on here.

For all the doubters, sometimes a good deal is just a good deal.

Glenn Crossley

Old 09-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #26
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossley View Post
OK, first of all, I'm amazed that I've generated this much attention. Let me say that I've been breeding ball pythons for about 6 years now. I used to have a partner who took care of the business end of things and I concentrated on the snakes. He died 4 years ago, and that threw me for a loss business-wise. For the past two years, I have wholesaled all my animals to Ben Siegel, so I haven't been advertising or shipping.

I've hatched over 125 babies this year (which I haven't even advertised yet) and I really need to move out the 2010s because the feeding bills are killing me. I realize that I priced most of my animals for hatchling prices, which are still much higher than I got when I wholesaled them. As far as the vanilla prices, I guess I underestimated their market value. There just didn't seem to be much of a demand for them so I priced them to move. I didn't want to advertise overinflated prices and then have people haggling over the cost. I wanted to sell and sell fast. As for my other prices, I believe they are all priced low, but certainly within the limits of normal market value.

For people claiming I didn't respond, I placed the ads Monday night. When I woke up Tuesday morning I had over 80 responses to the ads. I've been a public school teacher for over 30 years. I work a 10 hour job (regular school day and an after school program) with an hour commute each way. When I got home from work last night, I spent 5 hours responding to every email. By the time I hit the second half of the emails I had already had enough interest in the snakes that I was telling people they were sold, but I also kept their info and told them I would let them know if they became available again. I told people not to call until Thursday because I knew I would be busy with emails last night, and I have another engagement tonight.

Thanks to Jason Pratte for letting me know this thread was going on, and thanks to those of you for defending me on here.

Glenn Crossley
Nice, way to do what needed to be done. I do not think anyone wanted to attack you or make anything personal. I think MOST of us are just learning to be very cautious anymore.

Good luck!
--Amanda

Old 09-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #27
koloo921
I received an email from him stating that all the vanillas had been sold.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #28
Shadera
Sounds reasonable to me. Thanks Glenn!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #29
koloo921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossley View Post

Glenn Crossley
Thanks for clearing everything up! Just hatched vanilla females are going for around $500. I have been looking for one for about a year. LOL. I'm always a day late and a dollar short! With so many spammers it is hard to trust anyone these days. You have nice looking snakes I'm glad that you turned out to be one of the good guys!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #30
Crossley
I bought my vanillas (super male and regular vanilla female) from Gulf Coast three years ago. I might be misremebering, but I don't think I paid $500 for the female back then. Maybe prices have gone up. I'll keep that in mind when I price the 2011s I hatched this summer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!