What happened to the HAYDEN Banner??? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #21
surfrkidts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
Chris didnt' make this public, Rich, YOU DID. On this thread. Chris did his utmost to keep it from going public, during this time when all our thoughts are on our grief and concern for Kelli and her family. He deliberately avoided defending his honor to spare them your poison. He's my hero this week and for a long time to come.
AMEN SISTA

Old 07-02-2005, 04:34 PM   #22
WebSlave
Quote:
Chris didnt' make this public, Rich, YOU DID. On this thread. Chris did his utmost to keep it from going public, during this time when all our thoughts are on our grief and concern for Kelli and her family. He deliberately avoided defending his honor to spare them your poison. He's my hero this week and for a long time to come.
Interesting perspective. Who exactly passed around a private email to a bunch of people and for what reason? How exactly do you define "making something public"? What would be the anticipated results from someone doing something like this and what purpose would it serve? Or are the opinions you want to keep blinding you to contradicting facts?

Old 07-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #23
leaftail
I have no more time to give you.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #24
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
What is disgusting is how you, Rich, and Wendy and Lucille could take a beautiful act motivated purely by empathy and generosity, and drag it down into the mud. The way I see it, you misinterpret others' motivations, attributing them to self-serving interests, because that is where evidently your motives emanate.
Laura, this upsets me deeply, as soon as I found out about what happened to Hayden, I went to Rich that instant and asked for the auctions. I had to get offline but when I got back on he said it was fine so I posted that I had assked him and it was ok to use the fauna fund for Kelli.

Why is it disgusting of me to go to Rich and ask for help for what I felt was a tragic situation.

I think you must have misinterpreted my motivations, my only thought was to try to help Kelli in any way I could and I needed Rich's help to do that, I asked for it and I got it.

Helping Kelli was my only motive so Im sot sure what you are talking about or why you think anything I did was disgusting!

Later I got a PM from Chris that he had it all in the works already, I had no idea that the Hayden Fund was different from the Hammack fund for a couple of days.

So Laura, Im sorry if my asking Rich to help was wrong, I don't see it as wrong at all.

All I wanted and still want to do is help Kelli, a mom in a terrible situation. If that creates a problem to you or anyone else or makes me disgusting because I wanted to do all I could for her then Im disgusting I guess.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:03 PM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrkidts
what some people don't realize is that this isn't all about fauna. fauna isn't some great little haven in a world full of reptile sites anymore. its full of all kinds of crap nowa days. this was for kelli, why would we need to consult someone about where the auction would be held as long as it got the job done. Also i think one auction would be enough. If people were around any herp sites they would see the banner and come to help. I think rich is trying to turn this into a big power struggle for fauna but its not. fauna may drift out of many people's "favorite" herp sites but it won't be the end of the world just because some people realized how ridiculous this is getting.
No you are right. No one HAS to consult me about an auction. But perhaps consulting me in how MY site would be utilized may be in order, you think? And do you possibly think that just maybe I might have a say in things about how something might appear and it may behoove me to bring this to the attention of the person doing it? I don't know, do you think maybe I could do that? But it is OK for some member to blast me because I wasn't following along with my crystal ball, knowing what they were up to? Well excuse me, please. The first I knew about the auction on Chris's site was when I saw the banner ad here. But that's MY fault, right?

Power struggle? Between whom? Who the heck cares? People will go to whatever sites they want, whenever they want,at the click of a mouse button. It really doesn't matter to me at all. That's just the way the internet works, and no one could stop it even if they wanted to. That's why I really don't care that sites who may want to compete with this one openly advertise their sites here. I REALLY don't care. Sure, everyone would like to think people will come to their sites, but no one can MAKE them, much less make them stay once they get there. Maybe this site will pay it's own bills, and a little extra, when I can no longer do my reptile business. Maybe, maybe not. If not, then that is the way it goes. I try not to lose sleep over that question, however.

And yes, I fully realize that no site is indispensable. Sites will come and go all of the time. Including perhaps this one. Time will tell, I guess.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:08 PM   #26
WebSlave
Quote:
I have no more time to give you.
Can't argue with that. I have babies hatching. Hope no one gets a stroke while I go do my real work.

Old 07-02-2005, 05:13 PM   #27
dragonflyreptiles
BTW this is the message I sent to Rich
06-22-2005, 12:58 AM
dragonflyreptiles
DragonflyReptiles.com

Name : Wendy Collins Griffin
Trader Rating: (14)

Warning Level: 25
Help please
As you know, Kelli Hammacks son passed away, I don't know what happened but do you think we can hold some type of charity donations for her.

I know that services are very expensive since my hubby is a cemetary worker and I would like to see if we as a community can help her in any way we can.

this is the message I got from Chris about my post on the leo forum, sorry if anyone gets mad that I am sharing a private messages but from this I was under the impression that Chris also went to Rich and he was setting it all up. How on earth was I to know that Chris had it workign on his site and what does it matter!

Private Message: hey
06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
TopShelfExotics
Banned

Name : TSE Staff

Trader Rating: (59)

Warning Level: 34
hey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
I PM'd webslave last night about having some auctions for donations for Kelli and he said it would be OK. Im looking to see what I have that I can put up so if anyone else has anything Im sure any help we can give will help.

Already working on it hon, thanks tho!

Old 07-02-2005, 05:15 PM   #28
dragonflyreptiles
Kelli, I am truly sorry if I caused any problems with any of this byt rying to do something that I thought was a good thing, I just wanted to help you, thats all I wanted.

Old 07-02-2005, 06:09 PM   #29
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
I think you must have misinterpreted my motivations, my only thought was to try to help Kelli in any way I could and I needed Rich's help to do that, I asked for it and I got it.
Wendy, no I did not mean this at all. I know you are a kindhearted person. I know you only meant to help kelli. Maybe we should all just stop posting for today.

Old 07-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #30
dragonflyreptiles
I think that is best too, after I read that Laura and I had to walk away from the computer in tears, my husband said very firmly that if I walked away crying too many more times something was going to change.

Now he understood when I explained what happened to Kelli and with the situation with Mikes mom, but all I could say to him was that you hurt me feelings and I didn't understand why.

I still I think that everyone is very upset with all that is going on right now and nothing good is going to come from these type of post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!