Info Just got this from SYR - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #21
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
I dont pay anymore than the industry standard with fedex... and the express vehicles are usually Vans... and the back is climate controlled. Wouldnt you want this for your animal vs a hot brown truck that doesnt even have AC for the driver?
Exactly! FedEx shippers are paying more the the quality of service they receive.

Haven't you all said before, "Quality isn't CHEAP?"

Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #22
Melinda
Looks like I'm going back to Fed Ex. Their prices are much higher, but better service in my experience.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #23
StrictlyExotics
I should have never stopped the process of becoming FedEx certified. No choice really with the move but now I know I need to complete it.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
Keefer's Reptiles
How do you get FedEx certified for shipping?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #25
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Exactly! FedEx shippers are paying more the the quality of service they receive.

Haven't you all said before, "Quality isn't CHEAP?"
Nope... Quality isnt cheap... and cheap isnt always best.

My UPS driver knows what I do... he has brought his kids to my house to see the animals. Everytime I get a package from someone that is shipped via SYR'
s... he cringes. He knows how hot it gets in his truck... he's like... why dont you have them ship it with (deleted drivers name) with FedEx. Both my UPS and FedEx drivers know each other... and they both know what I do.

Personally Id like the climate controlled truck for a little more $$ vs 100+* in the back of a UPS truck.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #26
StrictlyExotics
Keith,

There is a whole thread about it in the shipping forum.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #27
Keefer's Reptiles
Ok never mind I just found out that we are FedEx certified in my wifes name. LOL! Sorry for the question. Just never used Fed Ex yet for shipping.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #28
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefer05 View Post
Ok never mind I just found out that we are FedEx certified in my wifes name. LOL! Sorry for the question. Just never used Fed Ex yet for shipping.
Bet you are thankful now!!

Old 05-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #29
Elizabeth Minton
i currently do not sell but im guessing it will be a lot more expensive for a while. when i got 2 packages from them i was shocked my pastels where still alive due to the shape the boxes came in. both where almost crushed flat. the person who delivered them said he didnt know there was anything alive in the boxes. i was very happy with purchasing them but not satisfied with delivery. my delivery man was by first sight most likely stoned. he had no clue the boxes held live animals and i was very worried about the wellfair of my snakes apon arrival.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #30
Keefer's Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
Bet you are thankful now!!
Oh yeah we sure are. The shipment we have going out in about 2 weeks is only $4 more through Fed Ex then SYR. So that isn't to bad with being certified.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!