Jeff Ronne - Boaphile Plastics - BAD GUY - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:05 PM   #21
MorphCapital
* Update On Boaphile Plastics *

I called Jeff again today and this time he answered the phone. He said that he has not checked his email since the day he sent me the cage (Oct 19, 2006), he said that he has had his phone on him the whole time and doesn’t know how I couldn’t have gotten through.

Regardless.. He said he will send me a new cage and I am to send him the damaged cage back to him at his shipping expense.

If he does send the cage, I will post again with an update and amend my post stating that he did indeed send me a replacement cage and make right with me what was wrong.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:08 PM   #22
Mooing Tricycle
I dont think youre wrong at all to post this, especially after the amount of money you spent, and the time you waited PATIENTLY to get the cages. That amount of money should by no means be blown off. ( not saying jeff is doing this, but if Griz can get ahold of him each and every time, why cant you???)
As much as a pain it can be, i think its time for a cell phone and call forwarding for times like these. if youre away, you should still be taking calls and checking orders when you run a business. Possibly let customers know youll be out of town??

anyway, if you have a business and its obvious that your product is in high demand, youd think youd be on top of these things getting stuff done ( or hiring others to help with the workload) to make sure stuff gets out on time. I know that it would be my first priority if i ran such a business, though it is true that stuff comes up, and i can totally understand that.

This is one of the first negative things ive seen about Boaphile though, so id like to see how this plays out. Im sure hell make it right, as ive heard hes made every other wrong right in the end. Hopefully youll have no other problems with this when he does come back.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:09 PM   #23
monkeywrench133
Jeff is currently logged on to another forum, I PM'd him concerning this thread.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #24
juggalo
I am glad to hear this and I hope you get the new cages good luck and keep us up to date. I myself think I will still go elsewhere as I think if you don't check your emails at least once a day you can't possably help your customers with there concerns in a timely manner. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope all goes as promissed this time.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:18 PM   #25
Bill & Amy
Here are some threads about Boaphile. They have lots of great reviews and some with complaints about the shipping and lack of communication. It is not the first time by any means. But he has never been accused of screwing anyone.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=boaphile

There are probably more, but these are the only ones I found quickly.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #26
Junkyard
Lack of communication and taking way too long of time to send out the product. Pain in the rear, also seems to be a common theme with Boaphile.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:11 PM   #27
jglass38
It is no shocker that Jeff Ronne has failed to call you back or make things right. While he has tons of great reviews for the excellent product he puts out, he has a lot of bad ones for his lack of communication, long delays and general crappy attitude towards customer service. I am sorry, but if I spend money with someone, I want to know when something is coming. Not to be made to feel like because I ordered from the great Jeff Ronne, that I should suck it up and wait for weeks on end for a response or my product.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #28
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmiah
I called Jeff again today and this time he answered the phone. He said that he has not checked his email since the day he sent me the cage (Oct 19, 2006), he said that he has had his phone on him the whole time and doesn’t know how I couldn’t have gotten through.

Regardless.. He said he will send me a new cage and I am to send him the damaged cage back to him at his shipping expense.

If he does send the cage, I will post again with an update and amend my post stating that he did indeed send me a replacement cage and make right with me what was wrong.
Good! That is exactly what I thought would happen once you got a hold of him. I can still remember calling him regarding an issue and he answered his phone while sitting in a restaurant eating lunch with one of his children! Had it been me, I would have let the phone go to voicemail instead of interrupting my lunch. But, then again, that's the type of guy Jeff is. If he says he will make it right then I assure you he will.

Griz

Old 10-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #29
Junkyard
He may be fixing the problem now, but trying to blame FedEx for his mistake and having to wait until things were brought up here before any replacement was offered, that seems a bit shallow to me.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #30
MorphCapital
Reply to Griz

Agreed that this is a good start, although I don’t feel very confident in the promise for a replacement cage, honestly.

This transaction in general has been full of "promises"... so I guess time will tell. But I do hope he comes through. The cages themselves are nice in my opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!