Looking for info on 'Gold Dust' Piebald - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-01-2016, 12:26 PM   #21
phoenix-cry
One of the reasons I am calling it 'pixel pied' is there is a gold dust which I think is mahogany mixed with something. This guy doesn't have a known secondary gene in him. I just suspect he has something 'new'. . But I use air quotes on both since I have no prof yet that he isn't just a cool looking normal pied.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:41 PM   #22
chkadii
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Nevermind. Gold blush is what I was thinking of. Too many similar names.
If I remember correctly, weren't mojave pieds called gold/en nuggets as well? In addition, now on WOBP "Gold Dust" is the combo name of suma spiders. BHB has no respect for the little guys' dinker projects, tsk tsk tsk... (jk). And that's not to be confused with the "Gold Dust Spider," which is allegedly a spider super black opal (which I have never heard of or seen).

While I'm normally against changing gene/line names (if only for maintaining provenance), calling these guys pixel pieds makes much more sense in my opinion - the name is unused, to my knowledge, and it actually describes what the animals look like. Plus OP has maintained provenance to the best of her ability, and the original (known) breeders have left the hobby, so they have no stake in the matter from a marketing standpoint.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Old 02-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #23
ClarkT
I LOVE the Pixel Pied name!
Sweet looking snake for sure.

That clutch will be full of awesome babies, for sure!

Old 02-03-2016, 07:04 PM   #24
phoenix-cry
Thanks all! I'm very excited!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!