My first rescues! Couldn't help myself! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-28-2005, 11:02 AM   #21
LeosForLess
Some of their geckos ther elook like they havent seen their first week yet, and they almost always look like that.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:21 PM   #22
aliceinwl
Serenity's eye looks more like it was the result of an injury then a deformity. It looks kind of scarred as if some scales were removed. Injuries of this type can be caused by shedding difficulties. I've seen these injuries occur when the leo gets a hold of the shed skin on the head with its mouth on the opposite side as the eye, but the shed doesn't come off the eye lid. When it happened to one of mine, I thought she'd pulled her lid off. After removing the shed the eye lid came back down, but she had scarring similar to yours. The scarring gradually became less noticeable, but it took several months. I've had this type of thing happen to a few hatchlings every year; most of the time I catch it before they do any damage, but they can do a number on themselves if they start rubbing on furnishings to try to get the shed off. Since your leo had problems with this shed she may have had problems with her last one too. If it's the result of an injury, you should see some gradual improvement (look for that gray scarred looking area to start matching the color of the adjacent lid and develop a smoother contour); if it's a congenital defect, it should stay pretty much the same.

-Alice

Old 12-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #23
A_Kendergirl
I wouldn't have believed it if you had told me, but look at the difference only 72 hours can make!! Serenity is eating very well, and her tail has grown faster then I thought possible. I put her on the scale today, and she tipped them at 3g!!! I am really happy at her progress in such a short period of time.

Noel is in shed today, we'll see how that goes!

Old 12-29-2005, 11:29 PM   #24
raiquee
Very nice Shanti

People, don't try getting a job at a pet store to "change the world" I'm the manager of the reptile room at my store, and granted i do get freedom i can't change everything. The best thing i can do for the animals is inform the customers and move the reptiles out fast. But i'm not superwoman!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!