Harry Potter Book 7 * no spoilers please * - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #21
Miss Tuniwha
Books are bad M'kay!! lol.

I am not big on reading.. but boy do I love the movies so much.. ** Having Alan Rickman in them helped that I am sure **

I have now finished reading the first book, and started the second..

I must say that so far I think the movies have done well, but I do think that they left out some sections that would have made the movies tie together better..

Due to people assuming everyone read the last book asap, I have found out a few people who die and such.. not so happy that I know that.. but.. alas.. what can ya do. *sigh*

Old 08-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #22
King of Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
Books are bad M'kay!! lol.

I am not big on reading.. but boy do I love the movies so much.. ** Having Alan Rickman in them helped that I am sure **

I have now finished reading the first book, and started the second..

I must say that so far I think the movies have done well, but I do think that they left out some sections that would have made the movies tie together better..

Due to people assuming everyone read the last book asap, I have found out a few people who die and such.. not so happy that I know that.. but.. alas.. what can ya do. *sigh*
You do all know that it's been reported here in the UK that JK Rowling is reported to have not ruled out another instalment?

I'll see if I can rustle up a link.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:36 AM   #23
Dragondad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle

You would really love the books, moreso than the movies. ^_- but i suppose thats commin from a Harry potter fanatic... so the movies, while really cool for the visual thing, arent half as good as the books.

Ive never heard of the books youre reading though, but im always looking for more! Currently im taking my sweet ole time to read the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. ( theres probably 9 or more books *probably more...*, so ive got a long ways to go....) Books are a GOOD thing!
The Wheel of Time Series is 12 books long, with the 12th having not been published or maybe even not written yet with Jordan being ill. (yes I have all 11 in hardback)

Anyone try the Belgariad series form David Eddings, original is 5 books with another 5 book series that follows. The original is great.

Just bought the Harry Potters, I am actually trying to complete a set of 1st Editions. Really want a 1st editon UK

And yes books are good, movies of books are good but just dont have the same impact.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #24
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondad
The Wheel of Time Series is 12 books long, with the 12th having not been published or maybe even not written yet with Jordan being ill. (yes I have all 11 in hardback)

Anyone try the Belgariad series form David Eddings, original is 5 books with another 5 book series that follows. The original is great.

Just bought the Harry Potters, I am actually trying to complete a set of 1st Editions. Really want a 1st editon UK

And yes books are good, movies of books are good but just dont have the same impact.

Thank you! i was not 100% sure, and really too lazy to google.

Its a great series so far though, and i really do enjoy it! I have heard of the Series you speak about, but have not read it or seen it to my knowledge. Ill have to find a few more books to keep me entertained, as harry potter is no more ( for the time being)

Im in the middle of too many series... its just, waiting on new books to get published that SUCKS!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #25
AncientDNA
For me, picking up The Wheel of Time series was the written equivalent of taking up smoking crack.
I'm reading it (yet)again right now. Can't wait for book 12, or could it be that RJ is throwing us a red herring & there will really be 13 books???
I hope RJ makes it thru OK though.
I mean, it would really suck if he pulled a Chaucer on us.
Another great series I just finished that borders somewhat on fantasy is The Baroque Cycle by Neil Stephenson. It's really a historical fantasy pirate adventure love kinda story, but it had me hooked.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #26
romad119
The Bellgariad, Mallorean, etc are quite good. I'm also a big RJ fan and am scrounging up all the leather editions.

My second current fav for continuing series is the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind now on book 11 with one more left. After that I'd go with Raymond Feist and his Riftwar/Serpentwar, etc based series.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:39 PM   #27
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
The Bellgariad, Mallorean, etc are quite good. I'm also a big RJ fan and am scrounging up all the leather editions.

My second current fav for continuing series is the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind now on book 11 with one more left. After that I'd go with Raymond Feist and his Riftwar/Serpentwar, etc based series.

OOOH alan! ive heard of that one! *jots it down* More to spend money on! Woo Hoo!

Graphic novels always rock pretty hardcore too! Anyone else around like comics and the like? What're your favorites?

Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #28
kellysballs
I LOVE the wheel of time series and the Jean M Auel clan of the cave bear series! I also read the Harry Potter books and It had an pretty ending. I think it really left a door wide open if she (JK) wanted to continue on with a new installment. But if not the ending was fine for me.

My boyfriend is a very smart and mechanically inclined person he just cant picture the story in his head when he reads so he doesn't enjoy books. So I read Harry Potter to him and our daughter aloud. As a family we are currently on book 4. Its really funny every time we travel anywhere in the car I am to read to them, we also sometimes get some reading done in the evenings as well. Its so funny how much they are both into the series.

I really enjoy Clive Barker as well. If you can get your hands on Imajica that is a great book.

Sorry for the long post I could talk all night about books.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #29
LadyOhh
I LOVE David Eddings!

That series didn't let me down at all...

I read it again, by the way. I still feel that something is missing, and that it could have been written a bit better, but I did enjoy it again.

I didn't like the ending, postscript. Seemed unnecessary, and the characters were hard to follow.

Other than that, first rate!

Old 09-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #30
Dragondad
Alan also making a note to myself to purchase those. One other I have also started about two years ago is George R. R. Martin "A Game of Thrones" this started for me as a used yardsale paperback to book 4 being Hardback on date of issue, thankfully only supposed to be 5 in the series. Its not quite as good as Jordan or Eddings (my opinion) but good read. Any other series suggestions, I like to read even over TV so the more books the better.

Heather yes I think Eddings gets a little overboard, sometimes I think he was setting up all the extras that have come from the series(and yes I did buy them too). Oh well, when I learn to write maybe I can actually have a book or series.....wait is that a pig flying.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!