Anyone else getting tired of the abuse in the BP Classified - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #21
tim8dena
looks like we have more activity in the classifieds..starting to look better

tim

Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #22
HowlinGaleDragons
Hello,
I so understand these feelings I am going threw heck with a women on the Bearded dragon section who posts 15+ ads and dose this as soon as I or other posts so our ads can not be seen I've reported to this staff hopefully something will be done, I need not say names just go look at the Bearded Dragon sections and you'll know who it is I will never buy anything nor recomend them to anyone it's just making them look bad.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #23
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinGaleDragons
Hello,
I so understand these feelings I am going threw heck with a women on the Bearded dragon section who posts 15+ ads and dose this as soon as I or other posts so our ads can not be seen I've reported to this staff hopefully something will be done, I need not say names just go look at the Bearded Dragon sections and you'll know who it is I will never buy anything nor recomend them to anyone it's just making them look bad.
Not sure exactly what you want me to do or why I would want to get into the middle of such things. I'm just glad it's being used, so I certainly am not inclined to slap someone around for using it a LOT.....

Old 06-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #24
HowlinGaleDragons
They are using it in a abusive manor every time someone posts and one or two of her 15 ads comes down onto the 2nd page she will post all of them agian over ours this i find is abuse in its own it's similar to bumping I guess the only way a few of us can keep our ads viewable is to delete them and re post. [This is on the newer classifieds board]

Old 06-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #25
Lucille
Nicole:

Why not partner with the others and form a block of ads. That way, when she does it to you, y'all can do it to her. Read about the old time millionnaire Rockefeller sometime when you have a few extra minutes. He was the nicest guy possible, but ruthless in his business tactics. Learn. You don't ever have to be evil, but turning someone else's biz tactics against them is something they can hardly complain about.
Make your blocks different colors so we can not only peruse frequently changing ads, but decorative ones as well.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #26
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinGaleDragons
They are using it in a abusive manor every time someone posts and one or two of her 15 ads comes down onto the 2nd page she will post all of them agian over ours this i find is abuse in its own it's similar to bumping I guess the only way a few of us can keep our ads viewable is to delete them and re post. [This is on the newer classifieds board]
Seems to me this puts you at an advantage. You only have to post one ad. They have to post 15 of them. Seems to me they are putting a whole lot more work into it than you are, so you should be able to burn them out faster than they could burn you out.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #27
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Seems to me this puts you at an advantage. You only have to post one ad. They have to post 15 of them. Seems to me they are putting a whole lot more work into it than you are, so you should be able to burn them out faster than they could burn you out.
A day late again...

Is it possible for everyone to have their own page (not website)? I stopped putting up ads because I actually have a day job and do not have the time to sit here and continually bump my ads (that will change once I retire). Then no one could be bumped (of course they would have to pay for the privilege). Perhaps a rotating basis that puts every ones name up there in alphabetical order?

forgive me if the idea has already been thought of. Just thought it might reduce the friction and bring in more revenue (this would be for those that were tried of their ads being bumped and were willing to pay for the privilege..

Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #28
WingedWolf
I generally figure that 4 or 5 days is a reasonable wait before bumping an ad--it seems people start to assume the animal is gone if you don't bump it up again at all.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #29
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
A day late again...

Is it possible for everyone to have their own page (not website)? I stopped putting up ads because I actually have a day job and do not have the time to sit here and continually bump my ads (that will change once I retire). Then no one could be bumped (of course they would have to pay for the privilege). Perhaps a rotating basis that puts every ones name up there in alphabetical order?

forgive me if the idea has already been thought of. Just thought it might reduce the friction and bring in more revenue (this would be for those that were tried of their ads being bumped and were willing to pay for the privilege..
At one time I offered personal forums to members on this site (for a fee, of course), but it was not well received and got discontinued. I was surprised. It has proven extremely well received over on my CornSnakes.com site and I thought a lot of people would want to take advantage of the traffic on this site for their own forum. Shows you how much I know about this stuff....

Old 07-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #30
GottaLuvHerps
Not so much reposting ads but...

How about the bigger issue of people constantly responding to ads that are months, if not years, old? Yesterday I put up an ad in the bearded dragon section in the morning (I think morning). By afternoon, it had been kicked down to the middle of the page simply because 1 member decided to bring up ads from 2007 and early 2008 inquiring about female dragons. These were old ads, and some of them even mentioned the dragons being sold, but yet people constantly bring them back up to the top asking stupid questions like "is this female still available", pushing the new ads down. I guess I don't have so much of an issue with someone posting lots of individual ads for their animals every few days, but getting bumped down by someone who simply can't read a date drives me insane. This, of course, causes me to want to bump up my ad (which I actually had a legit reason to do so to inform people that 2 of my dragons were sold).

Rich, if you are not willing to put a limit on the amount of ads posted per day, then how about a way for the ads to expire/lock at least so we do not have to deal with old posts being bumped back up to the top and hurting those of us with current inventory? I am not a paid member yet, so I do not know if there is the ability to just "click and repost" ads available, but it is my choice if I do not pay for that feature and my ads expire and I have to retype the whole thing (if that feature is available to paid members). Maybe a somewhat similar form of posting ads could be used from KS, and just allow an expiration of ads after, say, 14 days, and if you want to repost, then give certain levels of membership the right to "click and repost," and others just have to retype. This does not stop people from using the free classified section, but if they run lots of ads, it may make them consider becoming a paid member if they post lots of ads that need to be re-run (kill 2 birds...?). And yes, I would say just delete the ads that expire, or at least find a way to lock them so they cannot be bumped up by people who don't take the time to read before the respond. And maybe we need a way as people who post ads to either delete/lock ads that are not longer needed, or at least to request that it be done so that we do not deal with that issue. Joe Blow who posted a snake for sale 2 years ago that sold probably does not want to deal with emails about this ad now because someone can't/won't read, and maybe that is why Joe has stopped advertising here and has headed to another advertising site? Just a thought.

I know the person (that I assume) Deborah is referring to, and she is a very good personal friend whom I compete with for business, but if she has things to sell, then she has every right, as I or anyone else has, to post her ads, whether it be in groups or each one separately. It's business, and something we have to deal with, and we have to figure out what form of ad posting we need to take to compete with that. But I am tired of being put to the bottom of the page by an ad 6 months or 2 years old because someone can't open their eyes and read a date posted or that animals were sold....

My 2 cents.

Kelly Kordek

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!