Feedback solicited on speed issues. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #21
KelliH
The site loads as it always has for me ... usually fast but occasionally I get time outs and have to reload. Nothing major. Oh, we have DSL BTW.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #22
WebSlave
How many of you know how to run a traceroute? The data center techs asked if I could get people who are having the slowness problems to do traceroutes for them. They are curious if the problems are coming from one particular part of the country.

I know traceroutes from me show Comcast having some definite router problems, so perhaps the problem isn't merely at my location.

Also, when you are having problems, try to post ASAP so I can see if everyone is having the problems at the same time.

Lastly, was the situation better, the same, or worse since the recent server move?

With the hardware the new server is running, this SOB should run like a scalded dog..........

Old 08-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #23
hhmoore
I rarely had any problems before the server move...and when I did, it was usually with everything. Since the switch, I've noticed it is consistently just here, though, as previously mentioned, it is improved now.

I have no idea how to run a traceroute...but will try to figure it out & let you know

Old 08-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #24
IloveSnakes1234
I only had problems a couple times... the page would freeze on me and it takes a looong time to do a search. That's it though... I have Comcast by the way...

Old 08-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #25
Stardust
http://myspeed.visualware.com/
There is a place you can test your speed for free.
Mine was 1.21 Mbps for downloads and 273 Kbps for uploads.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #26
AncientDNA
10.0 Mbps for downloads & 1.79 Mbps for uploads for me.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #27
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
How many of you know how to run a traceroute? The data center techs asked if I could get people who are having the slowness problems to do traceroutes for them. They are curious if the problems are coming from one particular part of the country.
Here ya go...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg traceroute.jpg (115.7 KB, 54 views)

Old 08-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #28
hhmoore
well, I did it, but can't seem to get it small enough to post & still be readable. I would be happy to email it to you, if it will help (or to you, Jim, if you want to try your hand)

Old 08-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #29
IloveSnakes1234
Mine is 13.8 Mbps and 365 Kbps
is that good or bad?

Old 08-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #30
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Here ya go...
Maybe I am just reading that wrong, but isn't that a traceroute from DNSstuff.com to my server and not from your own PC?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!