Jungle Habitats Plastics- Alan Hall (Bad Guy) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:52 AM   #21
gbcop
I don't have a scanner, but I'm going to try and take a digital picture of the print out from Alan's website, that he sent me stating, ""Jennifer Your rack will be ready to go out before I headed out of town next week. Likely I will ship it on the Friday Nov 2nd when I am leaving for the SC reptile show".

Just a little more proof that Mr. Hall told me he would have the rack shipped out around Nov 2nd-5th time frame.
And yes his website does state that "Standard shipout time is 14-21 days from date of purchase(weekends &holidays exluded) with an additional 2-7 days depending on location and carrier for delivery". But the only reason I purchased from Mr. Hall was from the verbal agrement he made that he would have this item shipped out around Novemeber 2nd-5th.

And as of date, neither myself nor my fiancee have received a response to e-mails or PM sent to Mr. Hall.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:26 AM   #22
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbcop
the only reason I purchased from Mr. Hall was from the verbal agrement he made that he would have this item shipped out around Novemeber 2nd-5th.
Unfortunately Alan doesn't honor verbal agreements or written ones for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbcop
And as of date, neither myself nor my fiancee have received a response to e-mails or PM sent to Mr. Hall.
Not surprising.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:18 AM   #23
gbcop
I hope this worked. I have attempted to attach a screen shot of the Order Status straight from Alan's website.
Attached Files
File Type: doc BOIAlanHall.doc (137.0 KB, 47 views)

Old 12-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #24
DThomas
He has his own area at TRR and they also have a "deals gone wrong" section. Maybe he'll answer you over there.

http://thereptileroom.org/forum/

Old 12-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #25
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
He has his own area at TRR and they also have a "deals gone wrong" section. Maybe he'll answer you over there.

http://thereptileroom.org/forum/
I tried that. Didn't get any result other than what happened posting on Fauna.
http://thereptileroom.org/forum/inde...howtopic=11745

It's a shame that Gary is still allowing a bad businessman like Alan to have a section of the TRR site dedicated to him.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #26
blueapplepaste
A 25% restocking fee when he screwed up? Yup, that's just stealing. No other way around it. Pretty poor business practice - I definitely know where I won't be taking any business to.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #27
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste
A 25% restocking fee when he screwed up? Yup, that's just stealing. No other way around it. Pretty poor business practice - I definitely know where I won't be taking any business to.
Yeah that about sums it up for me.. These threads keep popping up on Alan and yet he has had nothing to say in his defense about this Transaction.. I for one will never send him a penny. Ill also spread the word with my friends...

<sarcasm>Keep up the great work Alan </sarcasm>

Old 12-16-2007, 07:23 PM   #28
The BoidSmith
Definition from BusinessDictionary.com

Quote:
Restocking fee

Amount charged by a seller for accepting a returned merchandise and paying a refund.
The key words here are "returned merchandise". No business shall charge a restocking fee on a merchandise that was never shipped in the first place and thus never returned. Needless to say it was never shipped because it was not ready to be shipped. Had the order been cancelled within the originally agreed timeframe it would have been a different story.

Best regards.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #29
Clay Davenport
Apparently Alan took the Ed Clark course on how to deal with problems in business.
I've never understood how some people can put such a low value on their reputation. When he took Steve for $100 we knew Alan's rep was evidentially worth less than that. Now he's stolen $70 from David so that's more than he considers his reputation worth.

You have to wonder how little would the amount have to be for him to actually do the right thing if $70 is too much to resist the temptation to steal.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #30
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I tried that. Didn't get any result other than what happened posting on Fauna.
http://thereptileroom.org/forum/inde...howtopic=11745

It's a shame that Gary is still allowing a bad businessman like Alan to have a section of the TRR site dedicated to him.

Please do not drag me into the middle of this. It is hard enough on me with people commenting like this.

I told Alan he could have that section on TRR. he made me a banner for shows I do. I will not break my deal. I am a very honest person. Everyone knows this. And for me to break a deal with a person becuase they themselves are breaking deals with others would make me a bad person also.

All you have is your word. I will not break mine.

This is a really messed up situation. I do not agree with the way Alan has done a few things.

If I take down the section it makes me no better then all the bad guys here. But Anyone can go onto the bad guy section and post. It will not be altered. Or the mod that does alter it will answer to me.

But Like said I can not break a deal I made before all this happened. I am sorry my word means a lot to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!