"Lovemoney", Chris Mark, Lindenhurst NY ...BAD GUY - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #21
jrgh17
In all fairness, many states offer a permit system to own certain animals which are otherwise illegal.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #22
John E Dove
What I would like to see is some evidence that; 1. a deal even occured, 2. the seller was notified of a problem, and 3. information on how he shipped.
Thus far, other than the seller offering to ship USPS we don't have any evidence that he has done anything at all.
He sounds like he is brokering animals and this Chris person was the person who actually had the snake. Is there a chance that this Chris person is not in NY?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:21 PM   #23
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
What I would like to see is some evidence that; 1. a deal even occured, 2. the seller was notified of a problem, and 3. information on how he shipped.
Thus far, other than the seller offering to ship USPS we don't have any evidence that he has done anything at all.
He sounds like he is brokering animals and this Chris person was the person who actually had the snake. Is there a chance that this Chris person is not in NY?
The linked ad contains the line-

Quote:
I purchased her 13 months ago from "Silly Serpents" now I am forced to downsize my collection.
If it was drop shipped from another owner, at the very least they're guilty of misrepresentation- discounting unlikely extenuating circumstances and multiple addresses.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #24
John E Dove
Thanks Mr. Haley,
I missed that link earlier, had to go back and find it just now.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 PM   #25
LauraB
Perhaps Silly Serpents could shed some light and confirm the buyer of the snake 13 months ago. I know he's a registered user here.

And again, I will ask Derek ... are you unable to take a photo of the vet bill and the snake and upload to this thread? (you said you don't have a "photo copier")

Old 08-01-2008, 02:47 AM   #26
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgh17
In all fairness, many states offer a permit system to own certain animals which are otherwise illegal.
True, but the law in NY clearly states:
Quote:
3. Any person who possesses or harbors a wild animal for use as a pet at the time that this section takes effect may retain possession of such animal for the remainder of its life, provided that such person.......

6. Any person in possession of a wild animal as a pet that has been granted a permit pursuant to subdivision four of this section shall not breed, sell, trade, barter or exchange such wild animal.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #27
TheFragginDragon
Derek, what method of shipment did he use?

Old 08-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #28
throw4ever
yes i will try to get a cam to take a pic of the snake and recepit.....and he used fed ex bc i told him thats the one i always use

Old 08-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #29
cyberfrog
I haven't seen Sonny from Silly Serpents in quite some time. Last year at a Manassas, VA show was the last I think. Not sure how easy it would be to contact him.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #30
Silly Serpents
Hello all,this is Sonny/ Silly Serpents. It was brought to my attention about the scrub python that Jason Perez bought off me awhile ago. Figured i put some light on all this. When i purchased her for a breeding program roughly 3 yrs ago she did the same exact thing (the blowing bubbles) and i too was concerned.But she had good weight so i quarantined her. After a shed she was fine with no other signs of illness.She fed aggressivly on large rats 2 weeks later as well(she needed an acclimation period). She remained totally fine until her next shed in which she did the same thing again. Weird i know but its what she does. I treated her for a URI just in case but nothing changed. Not sure why she is like that or even how reptile qualified the vet who examined her is but when i sold her to Jason it was still the same. URI's are a great concern amongst all i know as i own quite a few reptiles myself but this amithystine is odd. Not backing anyone up but if Jason took good care of her then she is in great shape. I have not seen her since Jason bought her as i live in Virginia but i have spoken to Jason and he sounds like a good guy to me. Before anyone says anything on that..No he is not a friend as i have never met him.A lot of people Ship using fed-ex or USPS just no one says anything untill theres an issue. humans are weird. Hope this helps a little. Sonny Aumada/Silly Serpents

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!