Ripped off by Patrick Renwick - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-14-2003, 01:53 PM   #21
jim scharphorn
ROb If the chams ended up dead your the first and only one to know this
He has never said anything from me
He says in his e-mails above that he will send them all back so I do not think there dead
even if they are he should have contacted me but he never did

Old 01-14-2003, 02:21 PM   #22
jim scharphorn
He is now saying that he will send the truck and is trying to do what is right
he claims that one of the chams is not looking good and has been that way since he opened the box. Today is the first I have herd this from him. I gave him some suggestions and I also said I would replace it if it dies even though my 48hr ran out sunday and he never said BOO HOO about it I am trying to be fare with him, if I get my end of the deal

Old 01-14-2003, 02:33 PM   #23
Casey Hulse
Good lucK!

Wow. Good luck Jim and thanx for sharing the e-mails, what a nightmare!!

Old 01-14-2003, 03:13 PM   #24
thomas davis
WOW!that really is a trade/nightmare,please post the final outcome to all of it,,,,,,thomas davis T&S reptile farm

Old 01-14-2003, 03:30 PM   #25
Darin Chappell
As ubelievably aggrivating as Neil can be spouting off time and again about "never shipping first," I have to admit that he is absolutely right! NONE of this would have been a problem for you, Jim, if you had stuck to your guns and refused to ship first.

I understand the logic of shipping herps versus non-living items, but the fact remains that what you are actually doing is trading property worth equal sums of money. When it's looked at in this light (which is hard to do, because we think of our animals differently than just "property"), there is NEVER a reason to ship first when the other person instigated the trade offer.

I, for one never will ship first in a trade. Threads like this one do nothing but ever-increasingly reinforce that conviction in my mind!

:eek3:

Old 01-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #26
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
isn't it illegal to ship USPS?

I could be wrong (Wouldn't be the first time) but isn't it illegal to ship anything live through US Postal System? Illegal, like as in Federal offense illegal, (USPS is Federal isn't it?) not just against the rules? And isn't it okay to ship lizards VIA Airborne but your not supposed to ship Snakes? But even if you do, it's not "Illegal" just against the rules?

I may have this all confused, but the guy hollering about legalities while threatening to ship LIVE lizards VIA ground USPS with inadequete (SP?) heat supply may want to cover his own butt before he starts hollering about someone elses exposed areas!

Old 01-14-2003, 03:53 PM   #27
Neil Gubitz
Ya know.... Jim.... you might have done a foolish thing, but.... when it somes right down to it, this Pat is a real SLIMEBALL!!.... Because you (Jim) posted this on here, he's going to make the Chams suffer because of it???.... Why doesn't he just keep the chams and drown them!.... It would be a lot more humane than having them freeze to death slowly with onl a lousy 12-hour hand warmer and sent USPS.... and you know damned well that he won't pay for Next Day!!.... This guy really makes my blood boil!.... Then to threaten with a slander suit?? (I know, Seamus.... it's LIBEL!, lol).... what the hell is HE out???.... YOU'RE the one out the babies!!.... If those chams are dead when you get them back, I wouldn't mind putting Pat in a freezer, myself!.... PAT, you ought to be ashamed of yourself!.... sure, pick on the poor, defenseless baby chams.... you're a real hero, huh??.... Gonna sue me, too??

....Neil

Old 01-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #28
Darin Chappell
Cheryl,

USPS will take most live lizards as far as I know. They prohibit snakes of any kind, but you can send scorpions (even some of the most venomous types in the world!) with no problem at all.

Sounds too stupid to be true? Remember it is a government agency we're talking about, and it will all make sense to you in a minute!

regulations

Old 01-14-2003, 05:31 PM   #29
John Apple
Ups will take live animals on exception basis only,
I can bring the book home and quote it tomorrow if you want
Oh PAAAATT..... hey expletive its against postal regulations to ship live animals
Oh PAAAATTT...hey expletive I ship oversized 2, additional handling, residental packages cross country everyday and they barely will hit $100 now packages the size your talking about[ I know my rc trucks and accessories] might hit 50 dollars and thats under 30 lbs. Got a 31 lb truck
Oh PAAAAATTT...gee expletive can you spell better [I thought for sure Neil would get you here]
Oh PAAAATT expletive expletive do the right thing and honor the original deal

Old 01-14-2003, 05:38 PM   #30
jim scharphorn
You can ship live animals with usps but most places will not guarentee over night delivery, and airborne will take snakes as well, but it needs to be worked out with them first I think, just like me shipping chams their rules state they do not take live animals but they will ship them, but neither place will replace them if they die

And gee thanks neil rub it in. I give in 1 time and look what happens( LOL )

Pat says he is not going to send the chams back I think he was just venting HA HA
He seems to be working with me now.
I will post back when all has been cleared up

I do not think I would of had a chance if it was not for this board
thanks webmaster you may have saved another life.

Jim Scharphorn
www.coolcrittersbylj.com ( come check out some cool pictures )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!