Appetite Decreased - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYPets View Post
Oh, I thought I'd mention it although it might not be much help... Over the last couple days he's been restless, glass dancing, running back and forth, giving me the black beard until I let him have some free roam time, and even after the lights go out, he will still run around and mess around for almost a half hour. He's doing it now as I type, I forgot his lights were on still and thought someone was in the house, lol.
so i found what i was looking for, you dont feed them mice (pinkies). mice (pinkies) carry parasites. and some ppl fed them to there beardies.

as far as the restless, did you put a hide spot in the cage for him like Angie said to do?

Old 08-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #22
UpstateNYPets
Yep, he's always had a hide in there. It's a big aquarium stump thing with an opening at each end.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:48 PM   #23
dragonluver83
Re:

Quote:
For a long time he was on crickets, but he stopped being interested in those months and months ago. He's been on supers, phoenix, and waxies. I try to rotate. I offer more fruits and veggies though. (collards, apples, kale, spaghetti squash, and strawberries are the most recent).

I don't think fuzzies/pinkies are good for them, so he's never had them before. Strictly just insects and veggies.
Hey, i also meant to tell you as much as your dragon may like those fruits. you really shouldn't feed to much to your beardie. the high levels of sugar are not good for them.

yea what happens is you gave candy to a baby. when you got a beardie that is use to eating crix, (especially long period of time). you introduce worms and stuff like that, they got nuts and turn there nose up at crix. usually takes months to get them to eat crix again. or you have to cut there feedings and only offer crix as live feeders. happened to me a few times before. thats not good either crix are cheaper than worms. save more money by feeding crix

Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 PM   #24
dragonluver83
Quote:
Yep, he's always had a hide in there. It's a big aquarium stump thing with an opening at each end.
did he ever venture inside of it?

Old 08-31-2009, 11:50 PM   #25
UpstateNYPets
Yes, I am aware that they are high in sugars, like I said I try to rotate them as much as possible, so they aren't offered everyday.

As for him losing interest in crickets - I let him try supers. BAD mistake.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #26
UpstateNYPets
He usually sleeps in his hide everynight, other than that he's out of it and usually climbs on top to be king of his tank.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:55 PM   #27
dragonluver83
Quote:
He usually sleeps in his hide everynight, other than that he's out of it and usually climbs on top to be king of his tank.
ok, well the days are getting shorter and starting to get cooler. got to be getting cooler up there especially at night. and dragons pick up on that. also how many hrs a day is your lights on?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #28
UpstateNYPets
I try to keep them on from 10am to 10pm. I don't have a timer or anything, I do it all my self... It's my morning routine.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:12 AM   #29
dragonluver83
ok, so its only a 12 hr cycle, some ppl do it 14 hrs. i was going to tell you to back the light down. more sleep time. may make him more active during the day. so you can still decrease the lights by an hr. or so to see how he reacts. just pretend he in the wild. the lights dont run 12 hrs a day every day!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #30
UpstateNYPets
I'll tune it down to 10 hours for a few days to see how that goes. I just wish the big guy would eat, it might be normal, but it's just making me a worried mommy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!