Inquiry Pete Kahl - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #21
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
Have any of you considered that every other big name that crashed and burned rode it out longer just because people defended them solely on their name?

How many of you have said that if you can't handle it to either scale back or hire more people?

Should bad experiences only be posted on small or medium size sellers if the poster doesn't want jumped?

What twisted path did you take to arrive at this inference?

No person should be able to come to the BOI and bad mouth a business in THIS fashion without some kind of facts backing up the accusation. This principle is followed (or should be) for all regardless of what size their pants are.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #22
deborahbroadus
What twisted path did you take to arrive at this inference?

No person should be able to come to the BOI and bad mouth a business in THIS fashion without some kind of facts backing up the accusation as the OP did. This principle of having some facts to support your case is followed (or should be) for all regardless of what size their (the business) pants are.

Cleaned it up so it's more clear.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #23
nixiefee
Questions?

To the OP: Wow, that is a lot of accusations from someone about a business. I do not know this Pete Kahl person, however, I have dealt with MANY businesses in my 32 years of living (of course it has been in the last 15 or so years )

Here where I work, we cannot always answer the phone (I work at a laundry facility, where I am the secretary). When someone calls with a question, we cannot always answer that question right away, SOMETIMES we can get back to the missed call or the question within the hour, but SOMETIMES it can take up to a couple of days. Do we consistantly call our customer back every hour/day to let them know our progress...NO, the customer knows that we are handling it and will get back to them in as timely a manner as WE possibly can. If it is going to be more then 2 days, we usually call and update or email an update to them on that second day.

So, I said all that to ask the OP this.

1. How long did you wait for a response to your inquiry from this business?
2. Did you give clear, concise, questions, explain what you were looking at and for, and give what you were willing to spend on said items in the email/message?
3. If you have approx. $10K to spend on reptiles, does it REALLY matter in the long run? Are you someone special just because you have $10K to spend on reptiles? Do you think we should kiss your butt because you have $10K to spend on reptiles?
4. Why have you not replied to anyone elses questions on here in a "timely" manner. 15+ hours. HMMMM......maybe we should do a "bad guy" thread on the BOI about you?

From what I have read on here, Mr. Kahl seems to be a good business man that knows his product, offers good customer service, and is good at keeping the customer informed as to what is going on. The reviews are a positive vibe. If I wanted to purchase the particular items that Mr. Kahl had, I would not hesitate to consider purchasing from him.

Just my 2c

Chelsea Baker

Old 01-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #24
KingBowser
And the OP is still nowhere to be find. This thread appears to be dead...

Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #25
KingBowser
*found.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #26
illbeyoursoldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
Have any of you considered that every other big name that crashed and burned rode it out longer just because people defended them solely on their name?

How many of you have said that if you can't handle it to either scale back or hire more people?

Should bad experiences only be posted on small or medium size sellers if the poster doesn't want jumped?
I do personally know Pete, and I am backing up way more than "just a name." He is a great guy to do business with - as my own personal experience with his has been nothing less than awesome - and there are a lot of people out there that can account for that, as well. There has to be a lot of happy customers and a lot of happy customers to get that "name." Think about that.

Chelsea Lynn Gardiner

Old 01-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #27
illbeyoursoldier
sorry for the typos...

Old 01-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #28
DGreen
I can speak from personal experience compared to others that are assuming things. I e-mailed Pete in March of 2009 to purchase some snakes. I had some questions and requests, he answered them and I sent a check. Within a couple weeks I had my snakes. They are doing fantastic and Pete has followed up and sent additional photos. This was my first purchase from him and things couldn't of went smoother.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #29
Slipmattic
I do not have personal experiance dealing with him. I do remember however seeing his line of albino boas in books. And of course droooling because i dont have that kind of money, and back then they were twice the price they are now. And no i was not speaking soley on name, i have had close friends deal with him and did not regret it at all. So to answer your question i did not base my answer soley on that. Also in this buisness you have to have good customer service skills, otherwise you WILL go under. In my mind you can have the best snake i have ever saw in my life, but if your a douche well then we will have other things to talk about. This bashing was simply that, some little wannabe thinks he has money that apparantley does not. And i would like to see these emails that were sent to him. Because if he was asking a payment plan for a 1800 snake, then he probabley wanted to put down 20bucks on a 5K snake. I cannot wait for Pete to find out about this and respond, to bad you cant get people in trouble with the law for ignorance and being incompetent...

Old 01-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #30
Slipmattic
Maybe incompetent was the wrong wording, but im sure you all get what im saying...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!