Shipping errors, by carrier - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
chamgirl99471
Dean... I sooooo feel for you right now I'm glad they at least found the package but this has got to be the hardest night for you!! I would definately keep on with what you are doing and asking lots of questions as to why it wasn't scanned or anything... also... I would demand my shipping cost back (which you probably have) as it is not the fault of anyone but UPS!!

Prayers are with you and the poor snake... Hope he makes it to his destination in good shape!!

Old 04-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #22
Clay Davenport
I've had problems at one time or another with all the carriers.
I once had a shipment coming in from Florida on FedEx Thanksgiving week. It was shipped on Tuesday. It got misrouted and was still in transit Wednesday. Thursday and Friday was the holiday, and then the weekend. They weren't delivered until Monday.
They arrived fine, thirsty and cool but otherwise ok. The only thing that saved them I think was they sat all those days in Texas. That and the fact they were kingsnakes and not boids.
It was that experience that caused me to make it a policy that I do not ship Thanksgiving week, nor the week of and the week before Christmas.

I had a package I sent get delivered to the correct address in the wrong town. Fortunately the town was only 45 minutes from where it was supposed to go and the buyer was able to drive over to pick it up. I do not remember the shipping company I was using at that time. Credit for that save goes to the buyer as she was really on top of it and had the package located before I had gotten the email saying there was a problem.

I was waiting on a shipment from Texas to arrive on Airborne. Sat around all day waiting on the truck that never came. Finally about 5pm I walk out to the end of the driveway to check the mail and there sits my box beside a bush at the mail box. If not for the bush I could have seen it from the house, but rather than pull into the drive and walk the 25 feet to the door the driver just dropped it on the side of the road at the mailbox to sit outside all day in July.

I've had other problems on occasion, but that's three of the more bizarre ones that came to mind.

Regardless of which shipping company you use there will be a problem at some point. That sure doesn't make it any easier to deal with when it happens though.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #23
StrictlyExotics
Ya, its really been a rough day for me. At least PayPal is now covered, just have to wait on the return of money. And, hopefully all goes well with UPS since he is back on the move again.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #24
deborahbroadus
Fingers crossed for a successful outcome of this situation!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #25
chamgirl99471
Just wondering if there was any update on this? Hoping he's in transit to his destination and will get there in due time safe and sound!!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #26
StrictlyExotics
He is currently out for delivery but that just means at some point today they will try to drop him off. They found him and hopefully he survived the Teaxas heat.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #27
TheFragginDragon
Fingers are crossed Dean, best of luck...

Old 04-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #28
StrictlyExotics
UPDATE: He arrived safe, sound, active, and really pissed off Now, I can get some sleep.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #29
TheFragginDragon

Excellent News!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #30
chamgirl99471
Glad to hear it... I think I would be a bit pissed off if I were stuck in a box for a couple days as well

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex, ups