Inquiry underground reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #21
bizarre
What more do you want? You've got the bosses phone number. Handle it and quit whinning.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #22
jordanabbott
handle what? im not looking to get a refund or anything. i dont want to receive any more turtles from this place. im no different than any other customer. if they do this to me whats stopping them from doing it again? people need to be made aware of situations like this. im not out to get anything out of this. just making what happened to me known to other people looking to spend money on turtles. lets just say nothing else happened with these turtles. lets stop it at me emailing about the penn. cooter and the snapper. everyone saw the email i sent. i was happy with all but 2 turtles. shouldnt i have been emailed back to try to fix that? i showed dissatisfaction of 2 of the turtles and received no emails no phone calls. like i said i gave up on them after that. it wasnt until i realized the rest of the turtles were b grade that i decided to make others aware.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #23
JudyC
I think anyone has the right to post their experience...even if they don't want a specific resolution to the problem. However, in this case, the experience being discussed doesn't hold much weight. Haven't seen a SINGLE picture of a deformed, mangled, sick, or dead turtle? Haven't seen a single picture of your "perfect" setups that the turtles should be thriving in but are dying?

My apologies in advance if pics were posted and I somehow missed them.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #24
jordanabbott
i disposed of the dead turtles. i dont have a digital camera and its not really worth my time to try to take pictures of each one of these turtles and post them up since im not out to get anything. i received B grade turtles as replacements for 2 other dead turtles. nobody should be treated like that.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #25
Killer Chams
You learned a valuable lesson Jordan. Buy only from breeders and check their rep here before sending any money. I had to learn that one myself. Trust me it only takes 1 bad deal.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #26
Alex G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanabbott View Post
i disposed of the dead turtles. i dont have a digital camera and its not really worth my time to try to take pictures of each one of these turtles and post them up since im not out to get anything. i received B grade turtles as replacements for 2 other dead turtles. nobody should be treated like that.
I'm sorry but this is the BOI. You can't just say, "these turtles so-and-so sent me are massively deformed and dying" and then not post pictorial proof. It's a lofty accusation to make and even if you're completely in the right here, it's hard for people to take it seriously without anything to back it up. I think even if Ryan has had some issue with his animals, he's been extremely reasonable in wanting to correct this.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #27
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
In the future just email me and if I don't get back to you right away give us a call and ask for Ryan Borkan. You will come to realize I am easy to work with and strive to make our customers very happy. Here is our phone number (954)428-8005.
So are you Ryan Borkan or Rian Gittman as it says in your profile?

Old 09-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #28
UndergroundReptiles
This is Ryan Borkan. I am the one responsible for our online advertising, sales, and shipping. The owner is Rian Gittman. I don't want to ignore this issue but I'm not sure what I can do at this point. I was not notified of there being a problem until a month after he had received the turtles. I posted the email he sent me where he stated that despite there being two minor problems he was happy and fine with the turtles received, not to mention I did talk to him on the phone and again he stated he was happy witht he turtles. He also has never once sent pictures of the animals or his own setup. He refuses to talk to me accept on the BOI. I also find it interesting that one of the two places he gets his turtles from is the same place we buy all of our turtles from. Again I'm not denying a problem, but he refuses to go about any of the standard means of resolving and to state again has now waited over a month to even state an issue. The truth is Jordan does not want to resolve the issue as he has made clear, he just wants to paint Underground Reptiles as a bad company and post on the BOI. Therefore there is nothing further i can say or do.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #29
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
This is Ryan Borkan. I am the one responsible for our online advertising, sales, and shipping. The owner is Rian Gittman.
Apparently you don't understand how the BOI works. Boss or otherwise, you don't post here under someone else's name.
Every post made on the BOI has to include the full name of the person making the post.
At this point every post made from this account on this thread is subject to deletion. Has Gittman posted on this thread at all, or have all the posts been made by you?

You need to make your own account for use on the BOI. What you are doing now is basically singing your boss' name to your words here, and we do not allow that period.
Continuing to do so will result in the account being banned for failure to comply with the rules of the BOI.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #30
snakebuz
Not taking undergrounds response as "good", and not trying to villify the op either as seems to happen alot, it seems to me a few things should bear a light shining on them.
1. The Mata Mata's died as a result of not being delivered until late afternoon.
I always pick up at the Hub so the animals are not subjected to a long hot/cold ride. Saves animals, not time. It would seem to me as it did to the op Fedex should have made good on it.
Quote:
I also need to add it wasnt quite their fault for the dead arrival of the mata matas. so it is fed exs fault for the dead turtles, underground said they were doing some investigation. so i guess they didnt have to do anything for me at all. they could have just told me to deal with fed ex.
Quote:
so they impressed me there. my only complaint is i was sent sick and deformed turtles and after the deal was done they didnt care anything about me or the fact i was sent such B grade animals.
2 So, if fedex was the one responsible, and underground was just being nice to the OP and giving him free turtles, would underground have been required to give away grade A turtles?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!