Donations to Dr. Jacobson for IBD Research - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #21
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechaarmer View Post
Has anyone done anymore work on this? I am local to the university and if nobody has picked up and called I may waltz on over there and see if I can do anything in person to get this rolling.
Go for it. We seem to have a lot of talkers but no one willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #22
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Go for it. We seem to have a lot of talkers but no one willing to put their money where their mouth is.
I know you're used to getting your way, and you're used to your word being gold around here, but you don't get to say that about me. You have no right to make statements about my integrity or fortitude based on this thread.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:32 AM   #23
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
I know you're used to getting your way, and you're used to your word being gold around here, but you don't get to say that about me. You have no right to make statements about my integrity or fortitude based on this thread.
Wow! Who said that the statement was about YOU? It was a general statement. I have this thread on more than one forum and have been accused of doing it for attention/glory whatever... and no one else has offered to do anything, but shoot me or others down.

**You really do have an ego issue. Try not think anything is directed at you unless it's addressed to you with YOUR NAME in the post.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #24
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Wow! Who said that the statement was about YOU? It was a general statement. I have this thread on more than one forum and have been accused of doing it for attention/glory whatever... and no one else has offered to do anything, but shoot me or others down.

**You really do have an ego issue. Try not think anything is directed at you unless it's addressed to you with YOUR NAME in the post.
btw: Make it a bit harder to flush you out the next time...the fact that you used words like
Quote:
you're used to getting your way, and you're used to your word being gold around here
impllies that you may have been following me around and forming an opinion on me based on your own internal "white noise." My word is no more gold than anyone else's, and I don't EVER get my way. If I did, we would be standing around a campfire singing "Kambaya" and I wouldn't have to be exposed to such stupid remarks again!

Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #25
Mister Internet
Quote:

Your comment was devoid of the context necessary for me to know that you have the "same thread" going at "more than one forum"... your comment was made HERE, in THIS thread, on THIS forum. And seeing as how you just flat out told me to 'take the ball and run with it please', and I graciously refused and explained my reason for doing so, I am not sure how I was supposed to take your statement as anything BUT an indictment of what has transpired in this thread. Seeing as how I was the only person in this thread to have "big-talked", as you put it, and then "not put my money where my mouth was", as you put it ... again, I fail to see how the comment wasn't directed at me.

It's fine if you want to backpedal away from the statement, but to pretend that it wasn't somehow directed at me, since I'm the only participant in this thread who fit your criteria, is disingenuous. No "ego issue" necessary.

Quote:
impllies that you may have been following me around and forming an opinion on me based on your own internal "white noise." My word is no more gold than anyone else's, and I don't EVER get my way. If I did, we would be standing around a campfire singing "Kambaya" and I wouldn't have to be exposed to such stupid remarks again!
I've been following you around? Now who's gotten all ego-centric? You've averaged 2 posts a day for over 5 years here... EVERYONE has read your posts. That doesn't require me to be some sort of obsessed weirdo, it simply requires me to be able to read English, which I do. So there ya go, you caught me. Thanks for the "stupid remarks" clarifier as well... did you notice how I managed to share a negative opinion of your posting style without directly insulting your intelligence? I don't know what the term "white noise" is supposed to mean in the context in which you used it. If it means that I don't get to form an opinion of you based on your posts, then that seems a bit ridiculous.

p.s. - I don't think the passive-aggressive smilies really fool anyone...

p.p.s. - I now VERY much regret ever having posted in this thread.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #26
TripleMoonsExotic
Seriously? Has this thread seriously turned into such a hornets nest?

Tom, you should know, that if someone doesn't quote you, that doesn't necessarily mean they're talking to you. Basic forum common sense. Don't make assumptions, especially in regards to "tone" in written word where it's easily misinterpreted.

Deb, while I'm fluent in the technical end of things, I do agree with Tom that I think you'd be chasing your tail with pursing this. I don't think the laziness expressed by their tech department would budge from anything anyone here says. Anything is worth a shot though, but I wouldn't get upset if you get the same lame response.

Didn't someone post somewhere that donations go to whatever the University decides, regardless of what you specify its for?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #27
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Seriously? Has this thread seriously turned into such a hornets nest?

Tom, you should know, that if someone doesn't quote you, that doesn't necessarily mean they're talking to you. Basic forum common sense. Don't make assumptions, especially in regards to "tone" in written word where it's easily misinterpreted.

Deb, while I'm fluent in the technical end of things, I do agree with Tom that I think you'd be chasing your tail with pursing this. I don't think the laziness expressed by their tech department would budge from anything anyone here says. Anything is worth a shot though, but I wouldn't get upset if you get the same lame response.

Didn't someone post somewhere that donations go to whatever the University decides, regardless of what you specify its for?

To the bolded: Generally, this is true (at least was in the University that I attended..if the funds were not specific to any slot then they can be generally dispersed). Which is why I thought it may have been best to have a specific slot set up just for these donations. Having a specific slot, sort of gives that research facility more authority over the monies and how they are spent?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #28
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
To the bolded: Generally, this is true (at least was in the University that I attended..if the funds were not specific to any slot then they can be generally dispersed). Which is why I thought it may have been best to have a specific slot set up just for these donations. Having a specific slot, sort of gives that research facility more authority over the monies and how they are spent?
Ok, that makes sense. I'm unfamiliar with the particulars. Would really be aggravating if you were donating it to specifically reptile disease research and they put the money toward migration patterns of birds instead.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #29
VexalUntil
Having worked for UF they have a massive IT network. It's not really one department when everyone can sit down and share ideas or work out problems. Each intity within UF (for example THe Florida Museum of Natural History, Shan's Hopsital System, UF Vet School, etc, etc) all have their own independent IT guys. For the museum it's a total of like 3 full time guys running around like mad men fixing EVERYONE'S computer problems. As for the University of Florida setting up a PayPal for donations, I seriously doubt that will happen. What's a couple thousand (probably an enormous over estimation) a year when they have researchers bringing in multi million dollar grants?

What does Dr. Jacobson have to say about donating to IBD reserach? I'm pretty sure I saw in another thread that you can mail him a check directly for his IBD research. He's a great guy, very willing to help and answer emails.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!