Info Adam Deviney, Adambomb123 - Houston Herpholics - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #21
hhmoore
I stopped reading partway through the first post.
1) The seller terminated the sale, and issued a refund, due to an identified problem. I don't know about anybody else, but I think he is to be commended for that. The only thing that might have been done differently is offering the buyer first option if/when the snakes were made available again (that may have been done - as I said, I stopped reading).
2) The buyer wanted to inspect the snakes to confirm that they had mites, because she felt the seller had actually found another buyer. Not only would I have not gone along with that idea, I would never enter into a transaction with that buyer again.
3) The reason I stopped reading - the comments about mite treatment. There are many ways of getting rid of the little buggers, some better than others. There is no "supposed to", it's all about preference and results. On top of coming right out and accusing him of lying to her, her approach about the treatment would have been another reason to end the deal.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #22
Hydrobutter
I really wish you read the whole thing, and the subsequent emails. He had already decided a couple of times to not sell some snakes after saying he was willing to part with them (and then turning around and selling them to my friend when she arrived in person).

When I got his email, I assumed it was just seller's remorse and he was trying to get out of the deal to keep the snakes based on how he acted throughout the entire deal (and kept asking for more money than what he originally quoted us, after we expressed interest).

So yes, my "spidey sense" was tingling based on what was already said in past emails.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #23
reptilebaby
It WAS good that he didn't sell the snakes when he knew that they had mites.
NOT a good way of treating though-spraying ion the face.( I used olive oil and dawn dish soap when they sneaked into MY collection-now mite free!)

I would say that was VERY respectable of him to cancel the sale and refund the money. And he told her he did it! The buyer got the money back and could have gone somewhere else to get her snakes when the deal was cancelled.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #24
Hydrobutter
But he did originally sell them when they had mites; I knew almost from the beginning what I was getting into. They were completing the treatment when the female that I was not purchasing relapsed in another room, away from the snakes I did purchase.

So, as far as I know, the snakes I purchased are completely mite free and he wasn't willing to let me wait to see if they would relapse too. He just wanted to cancel the whole deal.

What is odd, is the snakes Candace purchased from him were housed directly above the Savu who were infested. However, he was willing to part with those.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #25
Keys & Kritterz
Along with Harold I will commend the seller for giving a refund. What did seem a lil fishy to me was the back an forth not wanting to sell. The adding money to the deal part would of made me walk away. If I give a quote then thats the price, its my fault if I didn't account for any added work. Personally I don't like the fact that the seller was going to buy animals with mites and possible bad health, aswell as the selling those said animals. Those are a No Warranty, No Refund type of sale. All in all I think the buyer should of walked away.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #26
Keys & Kritterz
Meant to say the buyer was buying animals with mites and possible bad health, aswell as someone selling animals in that condition

Old 12-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #27
reptilebaby
True, the added money would have made me walk away as well. I wouldn't have been willing to continue to deal with him once that had happened. Then again, I wouldn't have bought snakes that had mites, even though I had an experience with them. That is one experience I NEVER wish to have again! I was just lucky I was able to get rid of them quickly.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #28
reptilebaby
And you're right...His not wanting to sell the snakes that he had told her were available was pretty fishy.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #29
FireStorm
I tried reading through all the emails, and I'm a little confused. Was he selling the snakes with mites, or was he waiting to sell them until the treatment was finished?

Old 12-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #30
reptilebaby
I think what it was, was that they had mites when he sold them to her, but he didn't want to send them to her with the mites, he wanted to get rid of the mites first. And she wanted them right away, and didn't beleive him that they had mites, and thought he was lying to her in order to get a better price from someone else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!