Heads up! Nigerreptilefarm ofering 6 feet WC albino ball pythons! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-04-2004, 08:54 AM   #21
Mark and Aimee
That one belongs to Bob Clark.

This web site gives credit to that photo.

http://plato.phy.ohiou.edu/~mash/herp/herppict.html

Old 05-04-2004, 04:22 PM   #22
snakegetters
Ask them to send you a photo of the snakes you're buying in a particular situation - eg, stretched out next to, say, a standard sized book or magazine.

Obviously they won't be able to take any such photos because their snakes are all imaginary. But it might be amusing to make them hop around on the Web desperately looking for the photos you are specifying. Fun with scammers.

Old 05-04-2004, 04:37 PM   #23
Steph Scranton
LMAO

The second picture is the one he sent me too.

This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:20:59 +0100 (BST)
From: "Bruce Micheal" <nigerreptilefarm@yahoo.co.uk> Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: albino balls.
To: "Steph Scranton" <Tiberious@rocketmail.com>

Hi,this is a pic of one of the females available for sale.Her weight is 780 grams.
Payment is through western union money transfer or direct payment into the farm account.Shipment will take 3 to 4 days after payment has been recieved.We ship with Nigerian airways pet cargo flight - 2 to 3 days live delivery.All relevant paperwork to clear the snakes will be sent to you through fax mail a day or two before shipment.Thanks,Michael.

I was getting ready to post that I needed somebody to put the picture up but I see I don't have to. Just go back a couple of posts and you will see the pic that he sent me.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:40 PM   #24
rujonesin
how long does this go on?

I've been watching this post for amusement purposes only. The concern that has recently come to me is by playing along with this guy so much he is going to get bolder and start placing more ads. ie the albino burm ad recently placed. In one respect you are giving him new confidences to continue making it that much more likely that someone who doesn't come to this site is going to get burned. Probably multiple victims. I only bring this up with concerns for the people who are going to fall for this. Maybe if ten or twenty people bombed him with the information you have on his scam he will go hide at the bottom of a swamp for a while. Not addressing anyone in particular here just a different view.

Old 05-04-2004, 08:12 PM   #25
Double "D" Reptiles
more fun with scammers

I took a few minutes earlier today and wrote to this guy. Asked him if Bob and Mike knew he was using pictures of their animals and what he'd do to keep me quiet. Figured that since he was getting his jollies by running a scam...let's see how he likes being scammed right back. Told him I was more than willing to contact Bob and let him in which would be interesting considering the amount of international business that Bob does these days.

I even suggested that a couple of those albino balls he's supposed to have might keep me quiet. Of course, I did that knowing that if he's got to use those stolen pics to try his scam that he certainly wouldn't have any to give away in the first place.

Thought I'd give him about 48 hours to respond and/or dismantle his website and then alert Bob and Mike, if nothing else with a phone call to Bob or Rance, whoever answers.

So, fun with scammers can be fun.

David

"mommas, don't let your babies grow up to be Scammers...."

Old 05-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #26
Lucille
The thing is, if he really is operating this scam from another country he may not care who knows as I am not sure if international law would do anything to help someone suckered in, and I am sure he figures the attorney costs to get him closed down may scare most people off.

Old 05-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #27
NEWReptiles
Category: Pets
Brand:
Model No:
Part No:
Other Ref:
Unit:
Min Order Qty: 1.00
Features: 8ft albino ball
Specifications:
Niger reptile farm has for sale an 8ft albino ball python

Description:
you can visit our farm and make your bookings or arrange for us to ship the ones you need.

This has to be one of the more humorous scams I've seen so far.

Old 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM   #28
Double "D" Reptiles
no worries on his part

while he may indeed be in Africa running this scam, but it wouldn't suprise me to find that everything is actually based in the US if it were investigated in depth. Even so, while the FBI may no be a concern to an international scammer, I suggested that with Bob's connections for importing special animals he may be fairly well connected in various countries and may even have the ability to bring in Interpol (figured that if we're dealing with an international scammer, might as well suggest getting an international investigative organization involved. We'll see what happens.

Either way, I've heard of this web host service before and think that it was US based, so perhaps that would provide a little leverage.

David

Old 05-04-2004, 09:35 PM   #29
Mark and Aimee
Has anyone notified the web host of their customer's copyright violations with the pictures posted on this guy's web site?

Old 05-05-2004, 08:54 AM   #30
The BoidSmith
Quote:
while he may indeed be in Africa running this scam, but it wouldn't suprise me to find that everything is actually based in the US if it were investigated in depth.
Yes, it is possible. But on the other hand from his ads he shows he knows nothing about the animals he posts for sale. He is based in Nigeria and he is saying he has alligator snappers and common boa cosntrictors for export! He obviously doesn't even know the "market price" for those species, maybe not even their natural distribution. As Al said it is even funny to a certain extent (if it was not that he was trying to pull a scam).

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!