wooden rack - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-02-2005, 12:44 PM   #21
Xavier
Good ideA

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
he said before you go and buy a whole sheet of plywood go and ask if they have a "culls" bin" you can get some great wood for cheap.... it cut off's or pieces that say a part of it has been cracked so they cut off the bad and put the rest(the good part) in the "cull bin" and sell it for cheap
he said if you find even 1in x 8 ft. or 1in X 6ft piece drop off s, that works great as well (not plywood)
Thanks again

Old 04-02-2005, 06:47 PM   #22
robin d.
russ said minus the heat tape the rack cost him about 16 bucks in lumber.... this rack holds 24 shoes boxes

Old 04-03-2005, 12:38 AM   #23
surfrkidts
well too late! i made it out of melamine today and was very happy with the results. It took forever but I did it all fancy and i love it! Now i need it to set and then I can start working on the electrical (after I somehow get the heat tape!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1606.JPG (71.7 KB, 52 views)

Old 04-03-2005, 12:40 AM   #24
surfrkidts
And in case you were wondering why it took all day, I routed the slots for the shelves to get pounded into

then i had to glue, and screw each shelf to each side. I haven't even finished the backing yet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1605.JPG (67.4 KB, 56 views)

Old 04-03-2005, 12:45 AM   #25
peachstategeckos
Looks very nice!

Old 04-03-2005, 01:19 AM   #26
Bringerofdoom
very nice job

Old 04-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #27
hill4803
You need to make sure no moisture gets into the grooves you cut in because that will tear up your rack. It will warp badly if any moisture gets to the particle board. What size boxes are you going to use? It looks like a good rack.

Old 04-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #28
WizardLizards
Russ, Russ, Russ, Russ.
Russ said, Russ said, Russ said, Russ said.\
LOL

Tony

Old 04-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #29
robin d.
Quote:
Russ, Russ, Russ, Russ.
Russ said, Russ said, Russ said, Russ said.\
LOL
i do not build nor design nor do the electrical work... he does... i figure since he has experience building houses, doing professional plimbing and electrical work and has been a cnc mill and a cnc lathe machinist (as well as manual mills and lathes [wood/metal/plastics] design parts, do set ups and programs) for 20 years ... he is better to answer any of these questions than i. since he rarely ever posts here he tells me what to type... so yes when i say "russ says" that is exactly what he is saying. i lack the experience but he does not and i dont want to post from a first person aspect and sound like a know it all, since i have no clue... i just put the tubs and geckos in them once they are done

Old 04-03-2005, 03:32 PM   #30
WizardLizards
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
i do not build nor design nor do the electrical work... he does... i figure since he has experience building houses, doing professional plimbing and electrical work and has been a cnc mill and a cnc lathe machinist (as well as manual mills and lathes [wood/metal/plastics] design parts, do set ups and programs) for 20 years ... he is better to answer any of these questions than i. since he rarely ever posts here he tells me what to type... so yes when i say "russ says" that is exactly what he is saying. i lack the experience but he does not and i dont want to post from a first person aspect and sound like a know it all, since i have no clue... i just put the tubs and geckos in them once they are done
Whoa, easy there, I was just kidding, I just thought it was funny that every post began with, or contained "Russ says". It was just good natured ribbing, and I meant no offense. I figured with your ascerbic wit that you would appreciate it. No hard feelings.

Tony

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!