One of Those Days....... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #21
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
but people obviously hate me enough for what I have done here to wish harm to me and actively engage in trying to make that happen.
People, I can't stand most of them. If they don't like this site, they have the free will to go elsewhere. How hard does it have to be? Why bother you with hate mail or whatever it is you're getting from them? Maybe it's like when a relationship breaks up and one party continues to badger, threat, prank call, etc. the other party. Some people are crazy like that. I say move on. If you don't like this site, leave. Don't bother Webslave.

I like this site, plain and simple. If I didn't, I certainly wouldn't be emailing you about it.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #22
Wilomn
Quote:
The original stimulus for creating the Board of Inquiry, someone stiffing me for $2K in bad checks, never did get resolved, so personally, the BOI never really did a darn thing for me.
Oh come now Rich, surely it has provided a chuckle or two, hasn't it?

Old 05-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #23
The BoidSmith
Well said Karen! Free will, we are all here by our own choice, including Rich. Although you have the “time machine” at your fingertips (“pulling the plug on this site”) you are still here. This tells me that you care, and that you are here to make a difference. We have disagreed in more than one occasion, and we will probably continue to do so. It would be awfully boring if we didn’t. Just imagine all of us made with the same “cookie cutter” and having similar opinions. Diversity is precisely what makes life spicy, and boy if there is diversity in the BOI! Enjoy it!

"Bestest" regards!

Old 05-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #24
Dennis Hultman
I could post this on a couple of threads right now and it would be on topic but I will put it here.

I hope Mike does not mind the fact I stole his quote.

It kind of sums up how I feel about everyone here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
in the grande scheme of things we really are all family here.

Regardless of how you choose to participate, you add to the mix by simply being here. For that, I thank you.
I like Lucille’s dedication to the site.
I like Robin’s bluntness in her posts.

Everyone that contributes adds something positive here.

That’s all I have to say

Old 05-04-2005, 11:48 PM   #25
WebSlave
Well now that we are having a big group hug and getting stuff off our chests, let me ask you all something. Lucille has gone out of her way to throw everything she can into promoting this site and trying to help it along. She has dived in and taken over a couple of forums she felt most comfortable trying to lead, has volunteered to do the Fauna Auctions, and recently volunteered to head a new logo contest I am planning on doing. I don't even have to ask her, if she catches wind of it, she will be there in a flash offering to help.

She has never really asked anything of me for this (besides a plant/flora forum) and does this selflessly, and from what I can see no real hope of any gain from doing it. I mean, what's the promotion ladder like here? To becoming a moderator? Sheesh, yeah, that's a real "gift" alright!

So tell me please, why in the world would people on this site badger her privately and publicly for that? She also caught a lot of flak from a certain subset of members before the paid memberships went into effect and they left to huddle in their own cave after leaving here in a huff. I wish I had a dozen people like her around that would dig in and always be there no matter what to try to help when they see a need. It just really pisses me off (excuse my French) to see her get badgered by a small minority here for her efforts.

So again, I ask, WHY would some people just go out of their way to try to dampen someone else's enthusiasm to try to help?

Old 05-05-2005, 12:19 AM   #26
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Well now that we are having a big group hug and getting stuff off our chests,

Kum BA Yah my friends Kum Ba Yah.*spelling
OOPS, Sorry.

Quote:
She also caught a lot of flak from a certain subset of members before the paid memberships went into effect and they left to huddle in their own cave after leaving here in a huff.
I can think of one thread that was way out of line that started in HELL.
Glad they decided to scurry away instead of pay.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:34 AM   #27
SMpoint
Webslave.....the answer is what it always is.....there will always be 10% of people that no one can make happy no matter what is done in every organized project in life. They are the 10% that 90% of the dicsussions in life are about. Go figure.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:41 AM   #28
robin d.
i dunno i just call it like i see it... i think she is great to have to get things rolling but i guess it is sometimes WAY overdone.. like i said she does have great enthusiasm and is great at getting things rolling however some other attributes well... like i said i just call it like i see it. it's not bashing just honesty on my part... would you rather me grim and lie?

Old 05-05-2005, 01:09 AM   #29
WebSlave
Refraining from trying to rain on someone's parade, is really not "grinning and lying" about anything. It just looks, well MEAN. With the number of people in this world obviously intent on doing bad, why go out of your way to bash someone just going too far trying to do good?

It would be like bashing someone for making too many Good Guy posts in the BOI, complaining that they are cluttering it up and obscuring all the juicy bad stuff that is more fun to read.

It certainly may be the way a lot of people feel, but I don't think that should be what it is all about.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:17 AM   #30
Dennis Hultman
Lucille for you

Man, I will even put it in your trademark pink. Gees

New tagline

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!