What's your opinion on pushing your buyers to the BOI? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #21
Jan Orcutt
I can't recall any sellers asking me to post on here after a purchase. Only one person I've ever bought from asked, almost begged, for feedback on another site. He's a great person and it was a fine transaction, I just didn't like the pressure to leave feedback. I do need to try harder to add to a seller's feedback on my own, though. With eBay, I agree it would be nice of the seller to give me positive feedback when I pay within minutes of auction closing and use PayPal! But I never ask sellers or buyers for feedback. I figure whatever happens, happens.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:19 PM   #22
SPJ
I have had numerous buyers and they never came to the BOI. I doubt they even know what it is or if they do, they don't have the membership to post on the BOI.
Would I like them to post positive? Sure. Would I ask them to? No.
I look at it this way. If they want to post feedback, that is completely up to them.
I know the customers were satisfied and that's all that matters.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:53 AM   #23
Dennis1
As a buyer i would not be offended if a seller (from another site)asked me politely to leave feedback for them on Fauna,If it was a good deal
I see bad deals from other sites on the B.O.I. all the time
It could bring more people to this site and Fauna would grow as a result Whats wrong with that?

Old 08-31-2005, 09:45 AM   #24
Matt Haines
I guess to me it just doesn't seem genuine if I were to ask for them to leave feedback.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:22 PM   #25
DragonCharm
I myself try to post feedback about every transaction, good or bad. Even if it is just adding a 300th post to a long thread it's still good to do, even if it's already been said.

I don't have a link to the BOI on my site but might put one up now. All I have now is my good guy cert linking to my good guy poll.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM   #26
The BoidSmith
I’m in agreement with Dennis and David. From my perspective it’s not professional. Never did I ask or will I ask people to do so. Most of my good guy posts are in my site, some even from people from Fauna. If someone still wants to do it on the BOI that’s their choice. I might even send them a private e-mail to thank them. What you are not going to see is my answer to bump the thread up to the top again. As David very well said that shows lack of self esteem and a need of the reassurance of the clap-o-meter. Word of mouth is still a very powerful means of communication, and it still works for me.

Regards.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:44 PM   #27
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
What you are not going to see is my answer to bump the thread up to the top again.
I did not even take into consideration that aspect.
I have responded to positive posts out of courtesy for their posts and to acknowledge they took the time to respond.

I believe you are right and I will send P.M.’s instead.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:56 PM   #28
Milwaukee Reptiles
Touchy subject. After the transaction I usually end up asking the buyer if they are registered at any of the sites that I am so that I may leave feedback on the transaction as the seller. Usually this is enough to get feedback in return, but not always.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:22 PM   #29
The BoidSmith
Dennis,

It's not that I'm saying it's wrong, I'm just saying that I don't practice it. As a matter of fact you have probably seen me posting good guy threads about people I have dealt with. As far as people posting about good experiences with me, if they are so inclined so be it. Some have asked if I want them to post on my behalf and I just declined although some posted anyways. Now if someone asks me for a reference I usually notify one of these buyers that I'm going to use them as a reference (so they don't get caught by surprise).

Old 09-01-2005, 01:57 AM   #30
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Dennis,

It's not that I'm saying it's wrong, I'm just saying that I don't practice it.
Oh, I understood. I thought it was a very good point

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!